Happyfeet 33.6 mi 5:19:25
    theyapper66  27.4 mi 4:42:11
    Lpadg 22.4 mi 0:00
    CliveF 17.7 mi 2:36:18
    atomno2 15.2 mi 2:31:24
    cpaterun 14 mi 2:02:18
    alholley 13.7 mi 2:03:46
    rossruns 12 mi 1:44:08

Got this thread started a bit late, so check the end of last week's thread for important information about Richard's awesome 5k, weight loss, future modeling career and upcoming machete hunt. Big grin

Life has been nuts for me which is horrible when you're in a training plan.  It's even worse when morning temps are in the low 60s.  I need to run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Got this thread started a bit late, so check the end of last week's thread for important information about Richard's awesome 5k, weight loss, future modeling career and upcoming machete hunt. Big grin

I'm going to take that as a compliment... I think.

I like to think of myself as a modern version of Twiggy, in a shriveled up old man sort of way.

theyapper

On the road again...

It was definitely a compliment.  I laughed when I read through it.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Richard,

are you running Greek Fest this weekend (anyone else)? Have you charted the probably wind conditions (as I hear 25-30 mph gusts are forecast for Saturday)?

Rob

old-runner

No Greek Fest for me this year... I'll be at the Battle of the Triad Half Marathon...

http://www.offnrunningsports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88

Are you running the Greek Fest Rob? It's one of the fastest Charlotte 5k races. I ran it a couple years ago.

I can't race or run fast. I can train but I have very sharp pain over the first minute of whenever I start to run. I've done tempo runs and this week ran some 5k pace/VO2Max intervals for the first time. My PT told me that the Adductor muscle & upper inside leg area (connective tissue) is very slow to heal. I have no speed and really need to do speed work outside of strides & can't (as running fast would really stress things).

I ran GreekFest last year and had hoped to run it again this year. Good luck Saturday and try to find someone bigger to run behind when running into the wind given the wind conditions.

Rob