Charlotte, NC area runners

Gastonia Running Club! (Read 526 times)

old-runner

Since Ashley and Shashi already know about this and nobody else is from Gastonia, it's probably not big news, but the website is up and running without any "Under Construction" signs...

http://www.gastoniarunningclub.com

Now what we need is some members! I'm afraid my multiple personality disorder doesn't count. I do have some plans about drumming up some members although it could be slow going in the beginning.

I'm hoping I can count on Shashi and Ashley (and hopefully Brian too... I'll push!) to choose a time for a group run. We can change it each week as needed to accommodate people as best we can. I'm flexible so anytime this week will work for me (except the weekend).

I want to invite some people to run with us but I want to have a time down so I can let them know when. I posted something about it on the club message board so if you'll respond there it'll be great (in addition to here).

I just got a message on that message board a while ago on there from Debbie Fore so maybe she'll be joining us if she can get it worked out with her work schedule.

Paul and Lynwood and anybody else, I'll hope you'll both drop by and say something too. We won't hold it against you that you're not from Gastonia!

I have some commitments for tomorrow, so I can't make our usual Tuesday evening run, but anyday after that would work.  I normally run at 7:00 AM on saturday at the Greenway.  A weekday group run around 7:00 PM might be good as well.

We can post a notice at the YMCA and see if we get any interest. I am usually asked by a few each week on how to start running, and now I can point them to this website.  I think we could have a couch to 5K kind of training programs on the website ( I know the resources will take them there).  Also offering some kind of mentoring  (not coaching as that would probably be more formal) might be helpful

old-runner

Shashi... that'll be great if they'll let you post something at the Y.

How about this Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at MRP? That should give us an hour or a little more before dark and it's gonna be hot so possibly the later the better. If you want to go a little earlier like 7:00 maybe I'll meet you earlier than the posted 7:30 time so we can run extra.

Ashley, any chance you and Brian could make that time? Debbie F. said she'll try to make an evening run so I'm going to tell her that same time. Maybe we'll actually be able to get a decent group together the first week!

under a rock

Either Brian or I can come but we both can't since Emmett is in bed by 7:15. I'll run it by Brian and see what he would like to do.

That's great that Debbie might join us!

old-runner

Either Brian or I can come but we both can't since Emmett is in bed by 7:15. I'll run it by Brian and see what he would like to do.

That's great that Debbie might join us!

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I got stuck for 2 or 3 hours trying to find my way out of Ikea... oy!

I forgot about Emmett going to bed early. I'm going to plan on that time and hopefully Shashi will, and if you or Brian can that'll be good. Then next week we can regroup and see what might work. Debbie said she might do an evening run next week.

We might also want to consider going to Ashbrook on Thursday for speed work like we had originally planned... maybe that would be good to plan for next week.

old-runner

Ashley... We'll be at the park at 8:00 Wednesday morning so I'll push Emmett if you're there. I wasn't sure if you were coming or not.

Shashi... Let me know if you'll be making it Thursday evening.

under a rock

Richard, I meant to tell you yesterday that we won't be there this morning. I'm taking a few days off from running. Also tomorrow night we found a sitter so we can finally go see the new Harry Potter. Next week we will be be able to run at MRP wed and thurs.
                  Yes I should make Thursday evening to Ashbrook high around 7:00 PM
                  old-runner

Shashi... that's good... I'll meet you right around 7:00 p.m. (08/06/09) at the Ashbrook track.

Ashley... no problem. We'll try to work it out next week. I've had a major computer meltdown the past couple days and needed to skip the run this morning to get my problems worked out. My computer situation's still screwy so for now running at night is my best option anyhoo.