Charlotte, NC area runners

Old-Runner (Richard) Streak Hits ONE YEAR (Read 71 times)

Richard, in all the race excitement, I forgot to congratulate you on taking your streak out to 365 days -- a testament to persistence and good health.

After scouring the Internet for just the right image to express the right level of approval, I thought something alien or robotic might be appropriate.  (And as my wife would say, "they're so cute!")

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Well thanks... those little figures look just like me when I'm dipped in butterscotch!

It was nice to reach 365 days on the streak. I'm not all that hard core on streaks so it's a miracle it's lasted a year. Fortunately I haven't been hurt or sick for the past year (which is even more of an accomplishment) but as soon as I'm ailing for whatever reason I'm likely to pull the plug. I see these stories about people who run with a ruptured appendix or a broken ankle. Uh... not me.

Congratulations Richards.  That's great.

Congratulations Richard. All runners probably have some Obsessiveness about them, a streak is probaly one of the innocuous ones, as you said yourself as long as you don't run on a ruptured spleen. Once again, you continue to inspire.
          theyapper

On the road again...

Quite an accomplishment.  Congrats!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul