Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 18-24 FEB 2013 (Read 12 times)

Clive, are you planning on attending Wed evening or? Better wear your "mud shoes" and/or "rain shoes" for the Charlotte 10 miler on Sat based upon the forecast -- 1/2" to 1" rain forecast for Friday thru the nite -- that first mile on the greenway can get very muddy (I was on it on 1/26, that Sat where we had the sleet/ice in the morning and it was a muddy mess in the afternoon). There are also a couple of sections on the boardwalk after you run under Johnston Road that get low and very messy when it rains (there is one section around the 3.5 mile marker on the first section along the asphalt that will flood some).

Well, crap.  I was planning on racing in my spiffy new Pure Cadence 2's ... but not any more.  I may break out the old yellow NB 903's -- they ought to go nicely with my powder blue and hot pink little-girl's-pajama-top singlet.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

I was planning on running the 4-miler on Saturday but if there's much rain I'll probably just stay home instead. Love that race-day registration option!

Run Long, and Prosper!

Rob, I know there is some risk involved but my goal race is Apri 6th and I need to get the miles in. Legs feel suprisingly good, keeping it at a very slow and comfortable pace, more focused on time on my feet than on distance. I think (most likely) this will be a cut back week (will see how I feel Friday) and then ramp up again next week to a similar distance. By alternating, I think that will give me two more big weeks before the race. Still short of the weekly mileage I should be doing in prep for the race, but I think this is about the max I can do right now and still get to the starting line healthy.

Joe

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Shashi... I think you ought to run the Corporate Cup Half and a different 5k a week or two before or after that. That'll give you an idea of where you stand at both distances.

You won't have me around to chase for the Corporate Cup. I'll be running the Gate River Run 15k down in Jacksonville that day.

Did you go to speed work tonight? I'm still a little sore from the half marathon so I skipped it... just running a few slow miles this week.

I've decided to go the other way and run the 5K at corporate cup and HM at Racefest. May have weather as an excuse as it has been the last two time I've run Racefest, that non-storm and warm weather the year before.

Yesterday's workout was hard for me, had run a bit in the morning and legs were really heavy the whole workout (muddy track did not help), but was surprised how low my HR was when I checked that at home (ignoring the first few reps, the HRM is always way off initially in cold weather). Maybe I am capable of running a bit faster than 5K pace for the 4 X 1 K workout and by extension  in a real race.

Maybe I am capable of running a bit faster than 5K pace for the 4 X 1 K workout and by extension  in a real race.

I believe so.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau