Nuthin'

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Lpadg 30MAR2013 Sticks & Bones Trail Race 5k Charlotte NC No clue!  
    TWHgal 30MAR2013 Sticks & Bones Trail Race 10k Charlotte NC na  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice work making it through the ark-building week!

Race-wise, I'm casually thinking about either the Lake Norman Rotary Run (10k option) or maybe the 4th Ever April Fools Day 500,000 Centimeter (5K) Classic (another fine Vac & Dash event).

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Not sure if this year feels colder compared to last year or its been more back to normal, but late march and freezing temps don't feel right.  Seattle was drier than Charlotte last week.  Even got a run  in on Wednesday while I was there.

It has definitely been a wet winter. I'm planning to race the Sticks & Bones Trail Race this weekend. Race #2 for the Carolina Trail Run Series. I'll be running the 5k. No clue what to shoot for since it's a trail and one I haven't run.
          old-runner

Nice work making it through the ark-building week!

Race-wise, I'm casually thinking about either the Lake Norman Rotary Run (10k option) or maybe the 4th Ever April Fools Day 500,000 Centimeter (5K) Classic (another fine Vac & Dash event).

I ran the Vac & Dash April Fools race a couple years ago. The year I ran it they gave the awards to the bottom 3 runners in each age group. My wife won a nice big trophy that says "1st Slowest" -- pretty funny stuff, running through yards and squirt guns and a bouncy house at the end. Last year they gave away bowling trophies. I talked to Peter a few weeks ago and he said this year they're doing height group awards!

height group awards!

Where do I signup

This year, you will be racing against people your own height rather than age.

Men     Women
                5'2" and Below   5' and Below
                5'3" - 5'4"   5'1"
                5'5" - 5"6"   5'2"
                5'7"   5'3" 
                5'8"   5'4"
                5'9"   5'5"
                5'10"   5'6"
                6'   5'7"
                6'1" - 6"2"   5'8" - 5'9"
                6'3' -6-4"   5'10"-5'11
                6'5" Plus   6' Plus

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Where do I signup

Shashi, you oughta do it... I bet you'd win your height group.

I don't think I'll be going unless it nice and warm that day, but I'm kind of tempted to go and try to spot a 6-foot tall (or taller) chick!

Wish I was going to be here over the weekend for the Vac & Dash Aprils Fool day -- I see now why Clive was holding out on us as he was cherry picking this (again). I would have a real shot in the 6'3/6'4 group. Shashi, how tall are you btw? Richard, are they still doing the squirt guns and obstacle courses, etc?

Han, saw that you ran a 1/2 marathon on Sunday. How did you feel given that your doing a lot less mileage compared to what you used to do? And are you still nursing your injury (PF) or are you doing generally less mileage now?

Rob

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Anyone here familiar with the trail race "Sticks-n-Bones" that's coming up this Saturday?  I'm interested in the 10k race and was wondering what the trail is like.  I saw the course map but not an elevation chart.  Thanks!  (figured I'd copy this over from last week's thread)

Cindy 

under a rock

Anyone here familiar with the trail race "Sticks-n-Bones" that's coming up this Saturday?  I'm interested in the 10k race and was wondering what the trail is like.  I saw the course map but not an elevation chart.  Thanks!  (figured I'd copy this over from last week's thread)

The trail is similar to what you will find at USNWC. Not flat but no serious elevation gain.

Shashi, how tall are you btw? 

Let's just say I am happy that there is a 5'2" and below group, that pic to the left is a close resemblance to me.

Thanks for asking TWHGal. I was wondering also. I'll be running the 5k since I started the WWC trail race with the 4 miler. Gotta stay with the short series. Hope to see you out there!

Wish I was going to be here over the weekend for the Vac & Dash Aprils Fool day -- I see now why Clive was holding out on us as he was cherry picking this (again). I would have a real shot in the 6'3/6'4 group. Shashi, how tall are you btw? Richard, are they still doing the squirt guns and obstacle courses, etc?

I'm 6'0" or 6'1", depending on whether or not I have to be shoeless for the check-in.  Hmm.

It looks like my wife is going out of town WED-FRI and that we won't have extended-family Easter weekend plans.  I may just be able to swing a race!

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I guess I will register tonight for the 10k at the Sticks n Bones.  (since I'm already listed as running it this week Big grin)  My goal will be a new PR on a trail 10k.  I've only run one other and it was 1:12:00,  My goal will be a slow 1:10:00

Cindy