Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 1/3/2011 (Read 223 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome to the first full week of running in the new year, and also welcome to rossruns, the newest member of the group.  I think 2011 holds quite a number of good things for this group and will be full of PRs!

The recap from last week includes a monster week from Mike.  Nice way to end the year!  It's possible with all the holiday distractions that some of you ran but never logged your mileage, so some totals may be off.

NameDistance ▼Time
    ChakaKahn 68.3 Mi 7:48:43
    Docster 54.2 Mi 7:40:59
    nanxin* 34 Mi 5:19:55
    Happyfeet 32.8 Mi 5:21:00
    theyapper66  27.3 Mi 4:17:45
    old-runner 23.4 Mi 3:34:25
    cpaterun 20.8 Mi 3:03:47
    CliveFenster 20 Mi 2:51:46
    runslikeafraggle 12 Mi 1:51:25
    rossruns 3.6 Mi 33:58

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

Last week was a low week for me since the hubby had shoulder surgery on Wed. That kept me from running on Wed and Thurs. On the days I was able to run I had to keep it short. The hubby is better this week and my son goes back to preschool today so I should be back to a regular running routine.

theyapper

On the road again...

Ashley - it is always nice to get back to some routine, isn't it?  Hope you enjoy your runs this week.

I went out to do 5 easy miles and it felt so good I ended up with 7.5 instead.  One of those "end with a smile" runs we all love.

Paul

Ashley: I hope your husband's recovery is quick and uneventful.

Easy 5.n for me this afternoon.  Ran with a coworker I trained with in Fall 2009 -- nice outing.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

An unexpected bonus holiday today gave me a chance for a tired 6 miler.  Kicking myself for not checking our company calender until Lunch time when Nobody was online.

Are we there yet?

An unexpected bonus holiday today gave me a chance for a tired 6 miler.  Kicking myself for not checking our company calender until Lunch time when Nobody was online.

Haha! I'm sorry but that hilarious.. man, I guess you would have known sooner if you had to actually go to a work place. At least you got half a day off.. I grudged thru a 6mi jaunt this am. Winter again?

I mostly manage my colleagues in India and they did not have the day off.  Once they were done for the day, I was wondering why no one else has bothered me all day.  Thought they were still sleeping off their New Year's indulgences.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did 6 miles this morning - 4 tempo miles sandwiched by warmup and cooldown.

Paul

Are we there yet?

Lpadg.. u race ready?

Richard.. same to you? ready to get to chucktown?

I am feeling good and somewhat relieved as I am hitting mileages that usually are followed by a story about "then I unexpectedly got injured and yadda yadda.."

So healthy with a new right knee since surgery and looking forward to a flat race.

old-runner

I decided to run the Resolution Run Half Marathon in Travelers Rest, SC, this weekend and skip Charleston altogether. I know the Charleston race will be a good one but I'm trying to not spend a fortune this year on races and I've got several lined up that I've got to travel to. The one I'm doing this weekend was just $32 for registration and I can drive down on the morning of the race instead of spending the night.

Mike... Are you running the full marathon in Charleston or the half? I was thinking you were doing the half but from your mileage it looks like the full. Either way I know you'll do great. I'm just trying to get in good enough shape to run a half in under 1:40 -- preferably 1:35 or so -- which I did several times last year but over the last few months I haven't been doing as well... lower mileage, slower race times. Hope it's not old age!

Are we there yet?

Great idea on daving reg $.. I pony'd up 70 laege for the HM down there but they guarantee a PR or my $ back.. I wish! Parents have a condo down there so it sort of makes sense logistically. Good luck.. my mileage is marathon-like because feb 13 alabama here I come.. Cheers
                        old-runner

Great idea on daving reg $.. I pony'd up 70 laege for the HM down there but they guarantee a PR or my $ back.. I wish! Parents have a condo down there so it sort of makes sense logistically. Good luck.. my mileage is marathon-like because feb 13 alabama here I come.. Cheers

I forgot you were running the Mercedes Marathon down in Birmingham. It's a great one I'm sure. I did the Vulcan Run there last year and it was one of my favorite races of the year. 

Mike, this is the way I look at it.

"Drop the rag, boys....let's race"!

Are we there yet?

NICE! RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in a nice 7 miles earlier today.  Beautiful day today.

Paul