Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 1/17/2011 (Read 219 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Results from last week.  Good to see Rob and cpaterun getting some mileage in - I know they're both on the way back after injury.

For the first time, we have a double-medal winner - Mike!  Topped the mileage list and also went sub 1:20 @ Charleston on 1/15 finishing in 1:19:20 (14th place out of 653 runners).  Blue ribbon worthy for sure!

Let's see if we can have another amazing week.

NameDistance ▼Time
    ChakaKahnBlue Ribbon 50.8 Mi 6:04:02
    CliveFenster 41.1 Mi 5:56:43
    theyapper66  40.5 Mi 6:20:21
    old-runner 34 Mi 5:02:42
    runslikeafraggle 28.8 Mi 4:45:52
    Happyfeet 27 Mi 4:17:30
    nanxin 27 Mi 4:06:42
    Docster 20.5 Mi 2:03:56
    CarolinaBlue 16 Mi 2:12:21
    cpaterun 8 Mi 1:17:12

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Congrats to ChakaKahn on the great race in Charleston... sub 1:20... NICE!

Are we there yet?

Thanks man!! Race was awesome. www.Recoveryrun.com
        theyapper

On the road again...

Got in 6 recovery miles this morning.  Very slow.

Paul

Are we there yet?

Who is doin the rain dance 2moro am?

Not me, unfortunately.  I'm in a disagreeable stretch of late-evening runs right now, starting with tonight's. Dead

And congrats on breaking 80min!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Congrats Mike!  That's some good running!

theyapper

On the road again...

Who is doin the rain dance 2moro am?

Maybe.  We'll see how I feel early when the alarm goes off.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I did run early this morning, but no rain. Big grin

4 miles of tempo with warmup and cooldown miles around it for 6 total.

Paul

I did my 6 at lunch, to avoid another late-night run.  And I'm hoping I didn't screw anything up by running twice so close together in time -- my right knee is KILLING me!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Hate that about your knee.  Hopefully a relaxing evening tonight will help.

Paul

Are we there yet?

I did my 6 at lunch, to avoid another late-night run.  And I'm hoping I didn't screw anything up by running twice so close together in time -- my right knee is KILLING me!

Sorry man, been there all too often.. I know a great ortho dr in CLT if you need a guy.. let me know

theyapper

On the road again...

Thoroughly enjoyed an early morning 7 miles, even if it was a bit on the cold side.  Great way to start the day.

Paul

A careful 4 yesterday after work.  No real problems, but I'm wondering if the benefit of a whopping easy 3- or 4-miler is worth more than a day or two of rest.

Who am I kidding?  I'll probably run after work today, too.

-- Dick LeBeau

Are we there yet?

Even 1 mile keeps the streak alive. Good tempo today feelin like a caged animal ready to eat pavement with my quads! Hungry for racing!