Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 8/17 (Read 224 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys.  It's a new week and I hope everyone's feeling great.  Last week I ran my longest run to date and the highest weekly total to date and feel fine today.  I've already gotten my 4 mile recovery run done and am settled into the work day.

This week I will hopefully repeat last week with another record long run and another weekly mileage high.

Happy running, everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

That's great Paul... looks like you're right on track for the marathon!

I did a long run around the southern tip of New York City on Saturday morning and it was unbelievable! I'm going to try to plug a slideshow of some pics I took along the way. The girl in first picture is a friend of my daughter's who ran with me for the first four miles.

Oops... that didn't work, but here's a link to the photos if anybody wants to take a look...

http://picasaweb.google.com/ezfolk/2009BrooklynBridgeLongRunAugust152009?feat=directlink

Also, Shashi and Ashley, if you could give me some feedback on the running club message board I'd appreciate it! I'm going to start trying to contact some people about the club this week...

http://www.gastoniarunningclub.com/html/message_board.php 

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow, Richard.  I'd love that kind of scenery during a long run.

The Gastonia Club's site is looking good.  Nice job.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice mileage Paul. 

Richard, I enjoyed the pictures.  That had to be amazing.  

I needed you last night to pace me in the Miles of Mooresville again.  I ran out front too hard for the first 1/4 mile, and ended up at 6:51 again.  The same as my PR.  I tried to slow down in the middle to recover and did ok the second half.  I came up the hill finish and saw 6:44 and thought I could cruise across the finish mat with a couple seconds off for a new PR.  I guess I went through too slow.  I'm a little disappointed.  I'll try again next year with a lot more miles hopefully.  I tried to run the 2 mile race, but just had nothing left and had to jog it.  I was able to get my running friend from work to run and he took 4th place in the mile at 5:37.  No awards, as usual, but a great event. 

Hope ya'll had a great week.

old-runner

I don't know how good a job I'd do of pacing you... I can't pace myself!

You still did good at under 7 minutes... at least you didn't go slower. Wow, that friend was burning it up at 5:37!

Yeah, that was some fun running in NY. Now I'm back to reality, running amongst the kudzu vines, but that's got a charm of its own I suppose.