Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 13-19AUG2012 (Read 247 times)

Richard, while I know that coach Mike knows what he is doing, the focus of this program is on 5k and under distances, and you and I with about 9000 miles run in the past 5 years can handle the workouts and pace ourself appropriately. But some of the newer runners may burn out/ get injured running mile-3k pace workouts week in - week out. I can't handle the 3 speed workouts he recommends, the tuesday intervals, Thursday tempo, and Saturday race pace/race. I usually do a medium distance 6-7 miler on Thursday, if I ran 5k pace + 30 sec instead I'd be hobbling right now and I don't even race much on Saturdays, Just my 2 cents.
      Whatever Richard does, it works for him. Congratulations Richard! 2nd place overall in the race today.
      old-runner

Thanks Lynwood... pretty tough race for one that was completely flat. They 500-meter course had 10 turns on it and we went around 42 times for 420 turns. That got old pretty quickly. It was a good experience but I'll probably stick with outdoor half marathons anytime I have a choice.

Wow 42 laps, who counted them?  Was this chip timed?

Thanks Lynwood... pretty tough race for one that was completely flat. The 500-meter course had 10 turns on it and we went around 42 times for 420 turns.

That's almost as bad as the London Olympic course!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau