Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/17 and sitting at Pam's feet learning from the master (Read 408 times)

Nice running, murph and Paul.

And speedy Kim -- in the rain, even Smile

5 recovery paced miles for me this morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

... and 7 miles @ 7:59/mi this morning.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Really nice run you had this morning, Lou.  Awesome pace.

Thursdays = rest days for me.  I've earned it, too, and need it.  I've got a 5k Saturday morning and sure do hope to PR.  In hindsight, I probably should have let the 5k be my speed work this week instead of the 8x400s I did on Tuesday.  But, it's all good and if I can maintain 8 min miles for the whole race, I'll PR with about 30 sec or so to spare.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good run Lou.

stuck to my 3 miles that were scheduled. Ran them easier at 10: 07 mm, Felt good. It was warmer. Realized I hadnt eaten or drank anything this morning so I was feeling a bit weak at the end. Need to start back up on my oatmeal and start dringking some water in the mornings.

Kimmie

Good luck on getting that PR, Paul.  I'm predicting a good one for you.

Ran 5.5 miles with a friend at 9:20 pace.  It felt harder than that.  Not sure why, but could be lack of sleep.   I wish I could convince my DH to go to bed earlier, so therefore, I will go to bed earlier.  I like to blame things on him.   Smile

Where's everyone?

GOOD LUCK this weekend Paul!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

2nd day off in a row. Trying to focus on things I need to get done before Saturdays race however I'm not having much luck. Guess I"m getting all the relaxing in while I can since I won't be once the kids get home and until they go to bed. DD has a softball game and youngest DS has soccer practice and DH is in NY until Friday evening. Guess I can pack tomorrow.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Have a great race Paul and Pam!

A big recovery week for me, my legs needed it. I wish I had taken one last week. I've been doing 30 minute EASY run twice a day, I still use Nobby's tapers. Every run I feel a little better. Fargo is suppose to be warm, but I think since the half starts early it won't be so bad. I may be more like a pace run, just want to get out and have fun.

Personally had a rough week. The girl's father I paced a few weeks ago in a 5K was charged in a child-internet sex crime., could have up to 13 years in prison. Just has made me second guess the Internet. I deleted lots of FB friends. I just don't need people knowing so much about me. A good reminder for us parents to be careful. 

MTA: That kid that hit my car has to pay for damages! Think he is hoping it will help the other charges get dropped.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

Going off to see if I am still Bugs' FB friend.....

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

I just checked.  Whew!  I'm still friends with Bugs.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a great 50 minute run.  Some was at recovery pace and it felt really good.

Paul

Bugs

Going off to see if I am still Bugs' FB friend.....

Ya but if you start mailing naked pictures of yourself your nuked.

MTA: Posted it and then worried you wouldn't get it, that is part of crime charges. Sad

Bugs

Off day today. Going to get a couple longer, easy runs in this weekend. Will probably do 8 ea Sat and Sun. Pacing dws uncle for 8 on Sunday night. He hasnt run more than 6 before. Will put me at 27 for the week. May do more or less on Saturday, but they will be easy miles regardless.

One week til vacation. Actually hit the road overnight on Thursday--hopefully while Ava is sleeping. Heading to Kiawah, South Carolina. Plan to do lots of running. Theres a bunch of bike/run trails there, and the beach. In-laws coming with us. That should work out reasonably well with the baby--we'll see.

Im still bugs' friend. No naked pictures in my future, I promise.

Its's amazing how creepy and STUPID some people are.

Hawt and sexy

I would not send nakey pics of myself privately. I would make you all buy Playboy to see them. heh

I'm touching your pants.

Dave

I would not send nakey pics of myself privately. I would make you all buy Playboy to see them. heh

I leave this place for a couple of weeks and it turns into some sort of nakid debauchery.

Dang.

Bugs, my wife said "I told you so." 

I found out today that a good friend of mine was killed on Tuesday in the suicide bomb attack in Kabul.  We had known each other for 20 years and he was a great officer, father, husband and friend.

New Jersey native Army Col. John McHugh among dead in Afghanistan suicide attack

I'm going to miss him.  .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Sorry to hear it Dave.

G/f  nephew just shipped out last week.