Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/17-3/23 (Read 205 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Looks like while I was crashing and burning, others were burning up the road! Murphy Way to blow the lid off your goal! Way to finish strong. Good call doing the half pig this year Pace - nice job on the PR. I ran my first race with the wire chip things early this year. I prefer the ones you tie to your shoes. I don't care about shirts for the most part, but I do like to keep all of my race numbers, put the date and my time, maybe a few notes on theback and save them. husker also, nice 5k! Hank - welcome aboard! Is this your first? Still have the heavy leg feeling this morning so I just did 4 easy miles.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - sorry to hear you still have heavy legs.

Bugs

Cash, I said to them, "One of you aren't a doctor are you? I'm really sick and could use a doctor." (Nice damsel in distress hook-up right.) The really cute one says, "I'm studying to be a doctor." It took me a whole 30 seconds to figure out he was lying. I said, "Oh you're a doctor of LOOVVVVVE, that's not the kind of doctor I need." It was the nice guy (not not as cute, go figure) that advised me to get back on the street. So it is clear, my judgement in men as a poor as my running clothing choices. BTW, yesterday I saw young men in shorts and thought, "Can't wait till it's 95 and they will be shirtless too. Big grin What can I say, I'm 36 and at my peak. Wink Oh I knew I had too many layers on but was afraid I was going to be ill and end up walking a couple of miles. If I had to walk I was going to at least be warm doing it. Shan, Got back home on Saturday and DH had bought a bunch of fans. Not sure it's helping. Think we're going to have to call carpet cleaners. P2R, Thanks. It wasn't easy. I ended the race PIST that I felt so crappy...I'm can't wait to get back and run it again. Hank, HI!!!!!! Australia, wow, that sounds awesome. What made you decide to go there? Still don't have my energy level back. Feel OK, but run and feel weak, but still I logged 25 miles last week. Need to get back to 35.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you are sick! you will get back to 35 quick enough once you are healthy!! Sorry the fans aren't working... unfortunate part about fans is that they will dry, but they may not do it before mold sets in! speaking of dressing improper for running... so I ran at work twice last week. My work is a high school with lots of teenagers hanging around for various activities after school. the 1st day I ran I was in running pants, love sleeve and tank, ended up taking the long sleeve off and ran very self consciously in my tank. THEN the next time I ran in tights (wasn't planning on running at school but a co-worker asked if I wanted to run with her and I'll take company over alone any day!) and a short sleeve shirt. Well under the short sleeve I had a tank/shorts bra thingy... had to take the short sleeve off. Caught my shadow - yup looked like I was nekkid in spandex and tight fitted top! So had I preped better for the weather I would have done shorts and a t-shirt or I donno ANYTHING else that would have made me look more normal and less revealing to the 15-17 year olds wandering around!! Roll eyes

Bugs

Shan, You are right, I am sick. I had to break down and lay down in the storage room at work today. Just feel like I'm a balloon loosing air. I'm kind of hoping my DH will figure out what to do about this carpet crap..but he's so sick he's not dealing with it. Angry Think I need to have an affair with a carpet cleaning man. BTW, I run at work all the time, and often keep a full stash of different clothes in my desk drawer, but I have a serious supply of running clothes. Everytime I get hurt or pist at my running I go shopping for a new running outfit. It's been an expensive year. Sad

Bugs

Thanks for all the encouragement and kudos. Funny thing is my dw was planning to get to the finish line to see me complete it, and missed me because I was too fast--usually she's waiting forever wondering if I died! Bugs--if nothing else, just rent one of those rug doctor cleaners from Home Depot or wherever...but having someone do it isnt usually that expensive.. I am sore in the calves and my back is doing its normal thing..oh well. Hope to get out tonight for a short run. I really got to get back to eating better and running consistantly. Ive put a decent bit of weight back on. Still down for the year, but need to drop about 10 more--I was almost there about a month ago, and would like to drop about 15 from where Im at now. Less than two weeks from the mini marathon 15k--that gets a huge turnout every year. Its a tough course, just want to improve last year's 1:30:00 and change. It may be tough, because I felt like I was really running that one with everything I had.

Bugs

Murphy, "Rug Doctor" - You know how I go goo goo over doctors. Roll eyes You ran awesome. Am I the only one that slows down after gaining 5 pounds?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Nice run today. Knee was sore afterwards but admittidly i've been skimping on the 2x daily stretching... I guess that teaches me! Also posted a question over in general running. I'm making my shcedule to get me to the June half. Am debating doing 4 or 5 days. It comes down to whether or not I need a mid-week run that is at least half as long as my long run. Any thoughts??
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

ShanHas - IN GENERAL 5x is better than 4x, assuming you're not injured and you cna handle it. 1. long run 2. medium long run 3. quality session 4 short and easy 5. short/medium and easy works really well for me.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I can quality be hills? or is it supposed to be speed? or does it depend on the goal?

Bugs

Shan, Think you would get a lot of benfit from 5 days of running.

Bugs

Bugs

Got home and took the cat out of the dryer. P2R, see I am not so good at juggling.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - next time can you take a picture of your cat in the dryer before rescuing him?? hehe that made me laugh!

Bugs

She apparently doesn't think it was very funny. She stopped sitting on my lap long time ago, but loves DH.

Bugs

Dave

My cats LOVE the dryer. OK, not in it. Just on top where its warm. As our farewell to my running partner (along with the other guy I run with at work), we took him out to lunch in Georgetown. In the middle of a 6 mile run. 3 miles to the restaurant. Pizza, some diet cokes, then 3 miles hard back to work. Sort of like playing pizza roulette. Good times Yes

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com