Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/7 (Read 279 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

What a difference temps make!  Stepped outside for my run this morning and found low 60s and thoroughly enjoyed my 50 minutes on the road.  Wish it could last, but I'll enjoy it as long as it does.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Cooler start here to.  10-miles this morning running  recovery HR.  Ran 10 yesterday and then biked 30-miles in the afternoon.  Much afterglow this morning. First bike of the year and it took alot out of me.   I'm going to be ready for bed after weights tonight.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Here as well; it was nice. Nice 3mi recovery jog.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Looks like some good running and racing happened last week. CONGRATS Perry on your AGW!

Cooler here too though it should have waited until this weekend *sigh*   Weather has really changed my running plans last week. Didn't get long run in due to the humidity. RP ended up having tummy issue's. Really need to get out much earlier. Thought about doing it today since the weather was so beautiful however wasn't feeling it this morning. Hormone's are a mess and just a bad time of the month. If I'm lucky that means I won't be feeling terrible come Sunday despite the heat. Keeping fingers crossed for that. I've been unlucky the last 2 months in that retrospect.

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather!

MTA: thanks Cash for making me so freaken jealous. What I'd do to be out at a beautiful beach right now 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Hang in there, Pam.  I've had a similar week.   I missed my long run this past weekend... took the Brownies camping and the only way I was going to get it in, was to wake up at 4:00 am and my name is not Lou.  So, it didn't happen.

I went out to run today, hoping for 12, at least, and was just blah.   It felt like too much effort, but my heart rate wasn't that high, so I know I was just not mentally there.  I looped back and ended up with 6 miles instead.

Oh well, this week is another week.  It will come back, I'm sure of it.

Glad you had a good run, Paul.

Bryan, you're like the workout king.   Amazing.

And Erika is truly inspiring.  I think she and Perry should go out for a run, plan on 8 miles and accidentally end up with like, 30 miles.  that would be cool.

Speaking of Lou, how you doing??

theyapper

On the road again...

my name is not Lou.

Funny.  That's the title of my second book.  Really.

Here's the proof

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That is funny.

Dave

There's only one left in stock so you better order soon.

Unless you want to buy it used but I doubt that does Paul any good.  Very cool, Paul.

I stayed on the bandwagon and got another 4 and change in today at work.  Beautiful cool temps.  Controlled my pace down to 9:15 for pretty much every mile.  Need to work on slowing down until my legs get back under me.  They're a little beat up and probably need a rest day after my 3 day streak .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hawt and sexy

Blarg!

I think on Sunday I will fry.

Ugh.

Perry, You gonna be there?

I heart Apolo.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

19.5 miles, 8:21 avg page, flat

stopped for clif block & diluted gatorade at mi 10

very tired from mi 16 on

very tired afterward, almost felt faint

So... I ran all the way back. 

21.1 miles, 8:09 avg pace, lots of hilly stuff.

Nice run!

PS: Amanda, is this dirndle/drindle (can't spell it) weekend?

Kimmie

Funny.  That's the title of my second book.  Really.

Here's the proof

That's cool.  I still need to buy the first one.

Why is it called that?

Happy Camper

That's cool.  I still need to buy the first one.

Why is it called that?

Because My Name is not Kim Either is planned for book #3?

Very cool Paul!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hawt and sexy

Yes, it is dirndl weekend. There should be pics. I will try to whip the manslave into shape to get some pics. But if going to be flipping hot.

I now have sock yarn and knitting needles. The idea is to eventyally be able to knit my own damn socks. With toes. I'll tell ya how that works out.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's cool that you're gonna knit with your toes. Take a video of that.

Cashmason

MTA: thanks Cash for making me so freaken jealous. What I'd do to be out at a beautiful beach right now 

Don't get too jealous.   Theresa said paddleboarding would make our calves hurt.  

She was right.    Now I cant run again,  even walking hurts.  Hopefully only for a day or two.