Marathon Trainers

week of 11/23 (Read 280 times)

Bugs

Hang in their Kim. Your fitness level will come back strong than ever, no use banging yourself against wall trying to get there.

Pam, kiddo is fine. He did sleep for two hours in the afternoon so I guess he wasn't all faking it. With so many bad illnesses including H1N1 I just don't like sending him to school even a little sick.

Vix,

NICE picture. You look strong and those legs, envy thoses.

This is my second day of doing nothing. Just had the blaws, and a quad that was a little achy and since I ran so much so hard last week I didn't fight it. Tomorrow is a 4:45 a.m. run and I'll be ready. Then we're headed to DHs parents, where there will be nothing to do but run.

Bugs

Pre-turkey trot recovery run

4.1 miles, 37:37, 9:04/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ringmaster

Thanks for the encouragement about the picture. I did feel strong in that race. I'd been running our local bridge a lot--about the bet I can do around here for hills--and it paid off. But boy, it's huge on that front page. Yikes! 

Hey, Kimmie, thanks for the encouragement. It doesn't seem like I could possibly be anemic. I'm a South American-raised red-meat eater and it takes real effort to keep it down to once a week for my family, but my RP says for female runners it needs to be closer to an average male's levels, so maybe I'll get it checked out. Besides, it could be something else. I also know I haven't been getting near enough sleep and I suppose that's throwing me off too, so no fair blaming just the running. I might follow your advice and go see the doctor, though.

I'm sorry to be missing our local Turkey Trot. My pastor's finally running it and I'd have loved to race him. 

Ugh. Packing like mad to be ready to go whenever the Boss says.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

Ringmaster

Vixi is now posted to the front page.  That's a great pic.  Do we know your first name now?

Huh. Didn't realize you didn't before. I even went back and checked my introduction and realized I never told you my first name. How rude! Sorry about that--didn't do it on purpose, really.

Yes, it's Karina. I really liked the name on the bib. That race was the first one I ran that put them on there (I'm such a rookie!) and it was so fun to have people on the course cheer me by name. In tough races I'm always thankful for every scrap of encouragement.

Mile by Mile

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, how long until I post something??  

Ran a bit over 4 yesterday.  Very slow, recovery run.  My left knee is feeling a bit of pain since the marathon, so I'll keep stretching and running slow recovery runs for a while, I think.  No worries and no hurries.

Karina - nice pic.  You mentioned the trouble posting from your phone.  I've got an iPhone and have noticed that now, when I want to post here from it, I have to hit reply, then the html option button TWICE before it shows the cursor in the text box.  Hope that makes sense and that it might fix the problem for you.

Okay, today I am writing my race report.  'Bout time, huh?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Ringmaster

Hey, that worked! Thanks, Paul; i'm posting this from my phone.On the road now. Traffic surprisingly light.

Mile by Mile

Dave

Hey, that worked! Thanks, Paul; i'm posting this from my phone.On the road now. Traffic surprisingly light.

Uhhh.... Please put the phone down and drive.

Kids these days

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Yeah, light traffic means no time to type.  Pay attention to the road, Karina!  Smile

evanflein

Thinking of Mr. Inertia and hoping his life has settled down a little bit. Pop in and say hi if you're out there, Mr. I!

Also thinking of Cash these days and hope things are going well for him. Might have to e-mail the old bugger and see what he's up to.

Drive safely, Vix!

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. I know I'm looking forward to the time off, I hope to get some house cleaning done and some outdoor running. That'll be a successful weekend for me!

Thinking of Mr. Inertia and hoping his life has settled down a little bit. Pop in and say hi if you're out there, Mr. I!

Also thinking of Cash these days and hope things are going well for him.  

Drive safely, Vix!

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.   

+1 to all this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

I'm thankful for your friendship, your support, and the camaraderie that we share in this little virtual team.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

theyapper

On the road again...

Karina - glad you're posting from the phone. Hope you survive the drive (put that phone down!!!).Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite online group!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Happy Thanksgiving wishes to everyone!

Made the drive out okay yesterday.  Waiting for it to warm off and then will take off and run with DD.  26F now, near 60F later.  They have a nice flat trail near her home so I will try it today and see how the elevation drags on me.  I would like to get some Marathon  - 1/2 M pace work in.  Only snow is in the shady spots and up on the Mountains.  Signed up for a 5k a week from Saturday and then a 10-miler two weeks from now to handle the race fix I need again.  Should be enough fun for December.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Turkey Trot 5K this morning

21:07 (by my garmin time).  Not my best showing, but...

2nd AG.  This is the third year in a row that PDR and I had the same placements in our respective age groups.

The guy who beat me ran about 17:25.  Steep hill to climb.  He was in Olympic trials, but I didn't think to ask what distance.  When I athlink stalked him he's recently run 4:45 in the mile.  Fast!

1.0 miles, 8:27, 8:15/mi, AHR 151 (77% MHR) - warmup

3.1 miles, 21:07, 6:43/mi, AHR 181 (92% MHR) - race

1.2 miles, 10:58, 9:01/mi, AHR 155 (79% MHR) - cooldown - would have run more but my calf started cramping