Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/22 (Read 157 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope your 20 went well, Kim.  I'm looking to get in 5 or so this afternoon/evening.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Had to cut the run at mile 17.5 because of time.  I knew I could run for 3 hours, was hoping that 3 hours = 20 miles... close, but not quite.  I always forget to factor in bathroom breaks, etc...

But then I ran another 3 this afternoon with the Girls on the Run, so, 21.5 total for the day.  If that counts.  Smile

Have a good one all.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Quads finally weren't really painful last night. Actually toyed with the idea of doing Ocean Drive to get a higher maniac level, but decided that such a silly goal isn't worth losing so much of my weekend -- and I don't like all the durn driving.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

We need to teach Kimmie some math.......   wink

And yes the extra 3 with Girls on the run absolutely counts.

First run in a month.  Only mile and a half but the calves didnt hurt.   Mutt Mutt was an anchor. 

Meaning she was running slower than I was, so I had to slow down.    .

Might have something to do with walking 2 miles the other day  and then instead of eating her dog food,  she ate an entire stick of butter that we had on the kitchen counter.

How to burn 80 calories and then eat 800 calories.

Off to teach spin.

Kimmie

that's funny... 20.5 miles total.
            theyapper

On the road again...

Had a much better run today - 2 actually.  4 by myself and then another mile with 2 of my children and our dog.

How many bad runs do you give a pair of shoes before you determine they're just not going to work.  I've been doing some shorter runs in a new pair and then rotating to a "veteran" pair (about 220 miles on them) for my longer runs.  After looking at my log, i realized that all the really pathetic runs I've had the last 2 weeks were when I wore the new pair.  They're Brooks like my other ones, but a different model.  Maybe the new ones will just be good everyday shoes instead of running shoes.

Can a pair be that disruptive?  It's the only real common factor in all the bad runs.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

Oh Perry

Are you going to be at any of the following?

NJ Marathon

Pocono Marathon

1/2 Sauer 1/2 Kraut Marathon

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sadly I'm too lazy to travel far enough north for any of those. Although I actually considered Ocean Drive this weekend, for the silly reason of getting a 3rd in a 3rd weekend. Then, against all odds, common sense prevailed. Especially b/c I might drive all the way over there and get there after the expo closed, and have wasted hours of driving.

Plus I decided I hate marathons in the last miles of National.

All that being said, 1/2 1/2 looks kind of intriguing, and it actually sounds like they might do race morning registration -- have you done it? Are you doing it and/or considering it?

Hawt and sexy

No one has done the 1/2 1/2.  It's new and mostly on a towpath.  Sounds pretty.  Should be my first as a Maniac.  I think you should be there. Rocken might show up too.  We can all be crazy together. Besides, if it really is German, I am guessing there is beer somewhere at the end. Maybe we should email to confirm.

I'm touching your pants.

Sorry about the bad shoes, Paul.  It's also possible that you are alternating good days and bad days and since you're also rotating shoes it seems to follow the shoes.  At least that thought crossed my mind.

Nice 21 , er, 20 Kim Smile

Glad you could run again, Cash.  I hope it went ok.  What was your injury again?  My dog refuses to go more than about 3/4 mile from the house.  She doesn't get tired, just a bit anxious, I think, about being in unfamiliar territory.

3 recovery miles, in a light rain and some wind.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Sorry about the bad shoes, Paul.  It's also possible that you are alternating good days and bad days and since you're also rotating shoes it seems to follow the shoes.  At least that thought crossed my mind.

You might be right, but it's easier to blame the shoes.  

Paul

Kimmie

I think it could definitely be the shoes.

I got a Nikes in a few months back and they never felt quite right.  for some reason, I was determined to make them work.  When I recently picked up some Asics (old favorites)   I was thrilled and wished I hadn't waited so long to switch.

theyapper

On the road again...

Got the email saying pics were up from National.  It's funny, I never really felt tired during the race, but apparantly there was at least one nano-second that I was, as evidenced by picture 61520-777-031.  Wow.

See the beauty here

Paul

Dave

I didn't think you looked too rough.  Might've opened your eyes though .

11 was a good one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, they look pretty nice, except there's kind of a glare and I can't make you out on that one of the front-line -- were you right on the front-line or a bit back?

Smile

(They include some weird shots sometimes.)

PS: W, sounds fun, I'll have to consider it.