Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/22 (Read 157 times)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend! 

Ran a 10 mile race with my RP today. My goal was to  average marathon pace for it. It's a hilly course so I figured may as well run it like I would Boston. VERY happy with how the run went. Felt MUCH easier than I had expected. Last year when running 2 mile hill a full 30 seconds slower it felt MUCH harder then. Today not so much. Surprised the heck out of me. Guess running hills does make it easier to do them come race day. Anyway  I don't think my average will actually be my marathon pace and I don't plan on running sub 8's during the marathon. All in all I feel confidant that I'm ready for Boston. Tomorrow's run will be a nice and "easy" 18 miler with no hills lol.

BTW the best part of the race was watching Denise not only PR but achieve her dream goal for today's race! Great day. Now gotta get ready for youngest son's Blue & Gold

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Great run, Pam.  What a confidence builder!

5 easy for me this morning, before a 6 hour meeting at work Sad

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Those are quite the extremes - great 10 mile race for Pam and a 6 hour meeting for Lou.

As for me, I had a great 10 mile run this afternoon.  Might have been a touch fast for a long run pace, but I totally enjoyed myself. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Yeah, but which shoes were you wearing? Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Yeah, but which shoes were you wearing? Smile

NOT the new ones.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

9.5 miles today in beautiful bright sunshine on nicely cleared bike paths! Yay! I'm so happy about that you would not believe.  8:22 avg pace, some hills so was pretty happy with the overall pace. Especially since I didn't worry about pace at all, just ran, kept it easy.

Pam, nice run. I agree, I think you're ready. Come what may, I guess I'm ready too. But I've got one more 20+ miler next weekend....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Glad Pam's looking good for Boston, hope  Lou & Kimmie are feeling ready. Erika, great that you get to see actual ground now.

Had a great long run this morning, including running into headwind down the Island and then my buddy did fast finish coming back and I chased him all the way. Very tired after, but felt good to have nice 14mi done, and we hit an A/W to refuel.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Nice runs, all.

20 with the Frederick Steeplechasers, who were marshaling for many visiting runners on this, the last sponsored training run for the Frederick Marathon (May 2).  It was fun to run with others for a change, and they pushed my pace a bit -- I ended up with 8:47/mi average pace, when I'd planned on more like 9 or 9:15.

Looks like some good running going on this weekend!

Got a little over 18 miles myself. Very enjoyable. Feet feel beat up from wearing my the fastwitch on trails (last 6 miles were trail). Will most definitely be taking tomorrow off. Got one more workout (22-24 miles with hills on Saturday) then TAPER TIME!!! Can't wait.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

You guys inspire me.  Some fabulous running leading up to Boston.

I'm still in the running doldrums but managed 6.3 today with the last bit run very hard.  Felt good.  My best week in a while at a paltry 15 but better than I've been doing.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice progression run Dave.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.