HuskerB 26 Mi 4:09:13
    theyapper66 24.8 Mi 4:27:45
    Kimmie 17.9 Mi 2:53:27
    lilcat19 15 Mi 2:22:00
    Murphy996 10.9 Mi 2:01:47
    Dutchie42 10.6 Mi 2:00:14
    Bugs 8 Mi 1:13:47
    evanflein 7.4 Mi 1:04:00

Some very interesting mileage totals this week.  Our newest member cranked out a very respectable 38 mile week.  When is your marathon, Cara?

P2R ran an astounding 22 hours this week for nearly 90 miles.  Rocken's 2nd place tally included a very nice 3:53 marathon.  Some lessons learned on that marathon involving not wearing lace bra's.  Just sayin.

theyapper is in tweak week.  First marathon on Sunday in Richmond.  How cool is that? 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ringmaster

I bow to the amazing grace and power contained in the good-looking package that is Pam. A 3:53 marathon on short notice in a lace bra? I am in awe, and hope to learn from you, O Rockin' One.

Waiting to hear from Pace. Paul, thinking of ya.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
      Mile by Mile

Thanks for starting, Dave -- good basic summary, too Smile

Yeah, Pace - how'd it go?

I had a nice 43° recovery run this morning: 3.1 miles, 28:19, 9:00/mi, AHR 136 (69% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, Dave, for the summary.  And yes, Pam is superhuman.  Unbelievable.

What does tweaking mean exactly?  That I notice all the pain in my body or that I want to hit strangers?  Not that either of those is happening, of course.  I'm just curious.

Race is in 4 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds.  Approximately.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

I could be wrong but I think that tweaking is when obsess over every little thing leading up to the race.
            theyapper

On the road again...

I could be wrong but I think that tweaking is when obsess over every little thing leading up to the race.

So checking the race day weather every hour on the hour qualifies?  Okay then, I'm tweaking.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Yes, all of the above.   Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I'm anxious to hear from Pace. I hope he's ok.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yes Dave lesson learned. I've ran in the same bra for shorter runs and never gave it a second thought. NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Thanks for the kind words Vix. 

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Paul is up next!!!! YOU are sooooooooo going to rock Richmond! Have fun tweaking the rest of the week!

BTW I am FARRRRRRRRRRRR from superhuman lol but thanks Paul Smile

8.5 miles on todays books. Had thought about doing 10 but compromised with trying to be smart. I woke up this morning feeling just like I do after my regular long runs. Kind of surprised but I guess I shouldn't be. I didn't feel like I was working any harder than I do on my long training runs. I'm sure if I had ran the big hills yesterday it would be a different story however I wasn't looking to push my luck. I promised Amanda that I'd enjoy the marathon and I did! 

Speaking of Amanda YOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO where are you girl????????? Hope you're having a nice recovery day Smile

Hope to hear your ankle is better ASAP Kimmie!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Speaking of Amanda YOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO where are you girl????????? Hope you're having a nice recovery day Smile

No miles in the log, no mention in the summary.  Rules are rules.

OK, technically I make em up as I go along. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

No miles in the log, no mention in the summary.  Rules are rules.

OK, technically I make em up as I go along. 

Whatchyoutalkingboutwillis?  I was calling her out in case she's lurking around, not wondering why she wasn't in the summary Smile

The weekend with the inlaws in town didnt lend itself to running, dw and her mother went shopping all day Saturday, so I was with the baby. Sunday, I felt like crap. Got in a good 4 miles at lunch today, at a better pace than I thought. Didnt have my garmin--thought I left it here at the office, and its not here..mildly concerned at this point. Hopefully its at home. Figured the distance via mapmyrun.

I never would wear a lace bra during a marathon.

Ringmaster

The weekend with the inlaws in town didnt lend itself to running, dw and her mother went shopping all day Saturday, so I was with the baby. Sunday, I felt like crap. Got in a good 4 miles at lunch today, at a better pace than I thought. Didnt have my garmin--thought I left it here at the office, and its not here..mildly concerned at this point. Hopefully its at home. Figured the distance via mapmyrun.

I never would wear a lace bra during a marathon.

Sometimes Garmin-ditching is healthy. Hope you locate it, though.

And, Murph, should your inclinations toward lingerie change, report here first. Please.

And Paul, I'm smiling with ya. Really. As I back away slowly. You're going to be great. (Are you convinced that eye twitch is indicative of a brain tumor? Annoyed with the bank teller for not noticing your amazing calves? You've come to the right place!) Really. You're going to be great.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                            Mile by Mile

Hawt and sexy

Oops. I ran last week, but I didn't log any thing yet.  I should work on that. Smile

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Or you could just post it in my log. It needs all the help it can get. Actually, the calendar portion looks pretty good, it's just the running section is crap. Oh well. This self-imposed exile seems to be working. I'm feeling pretty good. Foot feels better every day. But... my knees are achey. Don't know what the heck that's about. It's sure as hell not from running.

What'd you guys do with P2R? He appears to me MIA.

Yo Paul. Pay not attention to the twitch in your eyebrow. You'll be fine. This is your first marathon, right? Don't go out too fast. That's the only advice you really need. Not that you were looking for advice. But I have lots of NON RUNNING time on my hands... But it's ok. Really.