Dutchie42 33.9 mi 6:51:40
    lilcat19 19.2 mi 2:57:35
    Kimmie 14 mi 2:20:00
    Murphy996 7.2 mi 1:20:03
    irpete 6 mi 1:01:23
    dgb2n 4.5 mi 40:00
    rockenmamof5    

Big miles for lots of folks.

I think Dave posted that he got 12 miles in yesterday--which he didnt log. Nice running Dave.

A.P. Continues to amaze as does willamona

Erika hit 60 miles..very nice!

And lots more consistant running.

I was the slacker of the group. But I think the week of backing off really helped. Felt great on the treadmill today. Got in an extra mile, and sped it up. Could have gone longer if it werent my lunch hour. Plan on getting more in on the indoor track tonight.

Thanks for starting, Murphy!

Perry, Amanda -- those hours of running would just about kill me as I already don't get enough sleep.  Not to mention the wear/tear on the body. 

3 recovery miles for me this morning.  This and next week will be lower mileage for me because I'm headed skiing on Saturday.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

7.2 easy miles today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

10&change this morning.  No running until Thursday for me.  I have to do blood work and food journal for the bone study.  I'll just have one more

time I have to go do this.  I will be finished in early May. Only plus is it's going to be single digit temps in the morning through Friday.  Hopefully it warms up like they've forecasted for the weekend so I can get a good long-run in Sunday.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

good luck P2R.

Got another 4 in at the indoor track. I would really like to run outside. But want to stay healthy, and also the roads were quite slick. with the temps going above freeing during the day and getting very cold later.

I managed to run 11 mi on Saturday when it was 20 degrees.  I wouldn't have bothered, but I had company with me.

I'm trying so hard to increase my miles.  For a little while there my intervals was my FASTEST EVER, and my tempos were the FASTEST/LONGEST ever (trying to illustrate my enthusiasm), and now I'm just trying to get my base mileage up.  45 miles is less than half of what some of you guys do, but it's actually my highest miles ever.  I'm trying to get over 50 miles this week.

theyapper

On the road again...

gen - you're killing the mileage, and that's awesome.  I'm assuming you've run a lot more than you log shows you have over the past year, but if you haven't, be careful ramping up the mileage too fast.  Great way to get hurt.

MTA: 7 miles total with 4.5 @ 8:04 in the middle

Paul

Dave

I missed a bunch of logging. Total was 22.5 for the week. 8 more this morning.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Did a workout this evening, and I guess it was successful - was going to do 4x800 but was tired and stopped after 3. But I ran them hard with no strong idea of what pace, so it wasn't like doing a set of intervals at a planned pace (5K, or T, or CV, or something). I'm still weak on all those pace workouts. Maybe one day I'll try to read Daniels. Of course, then I see that recent thread on Daniels and the workouts look too hard there, for what little I can understand them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, Perry.  You're a slacker.  Only 2nd in the total miles in the 2000 mile group, well behind Dopple Bock.  (who must be insane)  Smile  MTA: is Dopple Bock a professional runner?

There are several people here with big miles, I see.  I noticed Perry, Pam, Willamona

Anyway, here I am in measly 56th place, still well ahead of PB.

8 miles sorta fast this morning, but not really.  I have pretty much given up on speed work.

Dopple Bock is an amateur. He did make the US National 24 hour team, and did very well in the World Championships. USA won bronze--e was the 2nd place American behind Jurek.

He' seems to be a great guy..he's offered me a ton of advice for my 24 hour race over in the Ultra forum.

Ran 4 miles last night indoors. Felt good. Although my back has been real stiff in between runs.

Thanks for clarifying, Murph.  I wonder where he finds the time?

Speaking of finding the time, and about Perry being a slacker, I heard about this on NPR last night: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/02/07/133569285/man-runs-365-marathons-in-365-days

gen - you're killing the mileage, and that's awesome.  I'm assuming you've run a lot more than you log shows you have over the past year, but if you haven't, be careful ramping up the mileage too fast.  Great way to get hurt. 

well, I'm slowly ramping up.  I get twinges if I do more than one tempo and one interval a week, but that's about it.  The higher my mileage, the tighter my IT bands get, but I learned the IT band lesson a couple of years ago.  I've been running for years and years, including long runs, but I had just never pushed my pace at all until last year.  A one foot in front of the other approach.

I have my intervals tonight, I do 1 mi intervals, they suck.  I'll be ok once I get into it though.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ok, I don't feel I'm weak on mileage (rather the reverse), but I'm not as strong on workouts. I've not hit tried and hit hard workouts, nor tried to hit workouts targeted toward marathon racing.

In the ultra forum, DB posted this for me (supplementing in some other definitions he gave elsewhere):

400s or hills - Strength and foot speed

5k pace - Vo2 max

30 minute pace - half way between vo2 max and LAT - in theory (Tinman) it will stress each system - aka CV pace

LAT pace - pace you could race for an hour

LAT - Lactic Acid threshold - Stresses the bodies ability to clear lactic acid - Allowing you to run faster without building it up

I would suggest

#1 LAT

#2 400s / hills

early in training

#1 LAT

#2 30 min race pace (5x5)    -- Perry: I think 5x5 here means 5 repeats of 5min @ CV

middle part of training cycle with a few hills and or 400s sprinkled in

#1 LAT

#2 5k pace

last 3-4 weeks leading up to goal race. -- Perry: for marathon

And here was a specific set he suggested for PaulyGram in that thread, who is racing late Feb: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/c70f3b628519428692faa51abac7f6ce#focus

This kind of stuff makes me think it would benefit me to try to read Daniels myself to understand how these are chosen. Maybe Amanda knows.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like 8 is the magic mid-week total for this week.  Dave and Lou ran 8, and I did, too.

Paul