Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

Hope you have a nice recovery run Paul! Hope to hear your feeling better ASAP Shan. Glad to hear your feeling better Dave and that you had a nice run with the wife! Hope you're able to get in the miles that you would like this week! Good to see you Mr I! Hope you have a great day Smile Hey Brian nice 10 miler yesterday! Like everyone ele PIC PIC PIC Smile Good afternoon Lou Smile Enjoy your time with dh at the gym tonight Erika!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wow this wind here is nuts! Really didn't feel like dealing with it today since it's so cold however I managed to get my butt in gear and get out. My pace ended up much faster than I expected or wanted. I would have guessed my average would have been at least 30 seconds slower. Anyway 9 miles done Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Get well Dave and Shan! The winter's almost over, there's no more time to be sick. ;-) My wife has had a big time sinus infection for the last four days. It got so bad on Friday that fluids backed up into her eye, and she ended up with an infected eye. Just not cool at all. Got in 10.5 today, back at work after last week's class. Hopefully things will be back to normal for a few weeks. It's time for me to start putting the hammer down in terms of mileage. I'm hoping for 70 this week, and maintain that distance for most of the rest of the spring. We'll see how that goes, I guess. It's getting warm enough in flashes here to start thinking about that kind of mileage for real.

Bugs

Add me to the sick list. Throat is sore, fever, went home at noon. Those asses are too much to take when I'm sick. This sucks. Erika, REALLY cool your DH is running with you. ? Is Regnar relay really worth the $180 it's going to cost me??

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

I've dabbled a bit here and there with low heart rate running, but for the most part it frustrates me to no end. I did, though, take a nice easy run today since it was going to be a recovery run anyway. 5 miles total - brisk 1 mile walks sandwiching a 3 mile run in the middle. AHR was 142 during the 3 mile segment which is 1 below the low HR target. It felt very nice. Hope all our sick ones get better! On a side note from the weekend, I ran from one town to another. 10 miles total, a lot of hills. But the best part is watching people's eyes get big when I tell them I went from my town to a neighboring one. They flip out and I just smile. Funny.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Ladies, take heart. I didn't start running until a month after my g/f finished her first marthon. And she ran for 6 months before it for her training. So sometimes it does rub off on us. Note to Erika, when a man does a marathon, it is much more significant, and he will experience more pain, than anyone has ever experienced in the history of the planet. It will probably be worse ( in his mind) than childbirth. That's the way men's brains are wired. Its all about us. Just in case you didnt know that already.
                OK, let's give this a try. Well, only took a few edits, sorry they're so huge, couldn't figure out how to make them smaller. Kept shrinking them, but they didn't get smaller. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
                Kimmie

Thanks for posting these. He's so cute!!!! Both of them- so adorable and I love that the pictures are big. Smile Bugs and Shan- get better!!... it's almost like it's contagious through the 'puter.

Bugs

Brian, THAT IS THE CUTEST BABY EVER, and I DON"T say that to everybody. He looks just perfect and innocent as ever. I look at him and can see a 16 year old heart breaker tell his Dad, "Really pops I didn't put that big dent in the car." Cash, Since my husband thinks fishing is harder than running a marathon I don't think we'll even compare it to childbirth. I can push a kid out in 15 minutes flat though, so maybe I'm in the wrong sport. I swam yesterday. Wow are my arms out of shape. Some of things I've been figuring out is what has worked for me and what hasn't the last three years. I thought I recovered much better when I did the breast stroke later in the day after a long run so I'm trying that again this year. I keep it really easy on the legs, and my stroke is not politically correct but it doesn't really matter. If it wasn't for being sick, think I would have ran comfortably today.

Bugs

evanflein

There we go... baby pictures. That's more like it. What a cutie! I love his expressions. Bugs, I think pool stuff is great for runners. I haven't done the pool running in awhile, but sometimes I think it'd be good to keep it in my schedule. Today I did 4 lazy laps in the pool after sitting in the jacuzzi for a few minutes. It felt really good. 3.3 recovery paced miles today, DH came to the gym with me and did 30 mins on the elliptical. His first time to the gym since he fell on the ice, so that was good. But we passed up the weights in favor of the hot tub. Cash, boy don't I know it.
                        That is definitely a cute baby, Brian -- nice picture of both of them, too. I started running well after my wife, so it can be done. She was two marathons ahead of me until she got injured and had to watch me run Chicago, so now only one. But she'd been running for maybe 10 years (recently) before me and had trained for several marathons before her first (kept getting stress fractures). I used to brag about only running 40 yards at a time when I played indoor soccer -- thinking I was getting fit playing that sport was ludicrous. I almost started running with her quite a while ago, but had a bad experience trying to run on vacation in Orlando, so kept with the soccer back then. But again, getting a spouse to run is possible -- but probably can't make him/her - the spouse needs to want to run themselves. Kind of like losing weight or quitting smoking -- you can't convince someone to do it if they don't want to do it themselves.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah cute baby!!! still getting dizzy upon standing... thinking a morning run is probably not smart... slept for 11 hours last night... am contemplating going back to bed now... crikes this sucks!
                            Aw, Shan -- it's no fun being sick. Hope you get better soon. Sleep will help. So as intervals go, 5x600m is pretty easy. 8.1 miles, 1:04:09, 7:55/mi, AHR 154 (77%mhr) 5x600m, 90 sec intervals 2:28(163),2:24(164),2:18(169),2:26(173),2:27(169) Avg pace for the sessions was about 6:31/mi, but like I say 600m repeats are pretty easy.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Sorry again that you're not sick Shan, but it sounds like you need to rest. I don't know if I will run today or not. Finally feel better. I cleaned yesterday so running is probably less work than that. Smile And Bugs, are you planning on resting since you are sick? Remember how you told me to rest. Smile Hey Dave, or anyone that knows, how do you grab the pictures from Brightroom and put them on here? The ones from Myrtle Beach will make you laugh.

Dave

What a beautiful baby, Brian Smile Thanks for sharing those. Hope you feel better Shan. I want to beat your mileage but not this way Tongue Stop that swimming, Bugs. You don't want to encourage Cash.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com