Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

It sure does. That is beautiful, Lou. Glad to see you back out there Shan. May not run today (maybe treadmill tonight). Going to a funeral this morning for a guy I worked for early in my Army career. Cancer took him way too young. Carpe Diem, everyone.
    Sorry about the your colleague, Dave. Yay, Shan is running! I didn't see the charts -- cool! Also it makes a map. Note the map is private unless you make it public -- I was worried about security, but checked and I can't see PDR's map from this morning. I don't have time to play with it now, but I see there must be an easy way to grab the graphic image. I remember we had problems before because the image would always be from the last log you looked at or something.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Thanks Cash for the reassurance. I feel like MAYBE I could run today if I kept it easy. Shan, glad you got out and ran. Dave, sorry to hear about your friend. It is a good reminder to make every day count.

Happy Camper

Sorry about the your colleague, Dave. ... I don't have time to play with it now, but I see there must be an easy way to grab the graphic image. I remember we had problems before because the image would always be from the last log you looked at or something. ....
        When looking at the graph's from the Run Entry, click the "Publish" tab in the upper right corner. It will give you link for emails and code to imbed in the forum, blog and web page. Dave: Sorry for the loss of your colleague. Shan: Nice work!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks guys!!! PS I sound like Minnie Mouse... and I love my job way too much because laughing is giving me coughing fits... it's pretty sad.... Oh And can i just say we have some AWESOME runs going on here!!! And Dave - can you feel me breathing down your neck????
            And Dave - can you feel me breathing down your neck????
            Ew, germs! Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

Ew, germs! Big grin
              hahaha teh good dr. helped me out so I'm not spreading germs!
                Sorry to hear about your friend Dave!! Nice running everyone!! I too am really like the gps upload. I finally downloaded the plug I needed and was able to upload today's run. SOOOOOOO much easier than doing it by hand! I've been having tummy issue's for quite a while however the past few runs I didn't have the stomach problems like I had been. Turns out there was something each stomach pain free run had in common. What I had to eat before the run. Sunday I had beef curry, Mon and Tues I had steak stir fry. I normally run after having breakfast and my breakfast is go lean with Lactaid milk. I think my milk allergy has resurfaced *sigh* ( I LOVE MILK) I changed my breakfast today to waffles and eggs and had no stomach pain during my run. Looks like I'll be trying soy out *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I too am really like the gps upload. I finally downloaded the plug I needed and was able to upload today's run. SOOOOOOO much easier than doing it by hand!
                  Yeah I thought about you this morning, Pam. I had surfed onto your log and noticed you did all the splits by hand. I realized that this feature would save you a whole bunch of time.

Bugs

Hi. Sorry we still have illness. I was feeling yucky at noon but went out and ran and sort of kicked my cold out of gear in a good way. How do you use garmin for intervals? Do you reset it each time, or just turn autolap off and hit lap yourself?

Bugs

Cause I CAN

I havent felt good...still having rough time. I've decided to bail on my half marathon next month. I can barely run 2 miles without stopping...have done a couple of 4 milers and that takes me forever to finish and I have to stop constantly. I dont want to walk the entire 13 miles. I dont care about my time, its not that I just hate walking in general, it has always been boring to me. I am getting labs next month, hopefully nothing else weird is going on with me. Anyway, sorry i've been hiding, i'll try to come out more...hope everyone is doing good thanks
                      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                      evanflein

Sorry to hear you're still having problems, Peach. I hope you get answers soon. I got the Garmin upload thing to work, but can't get the graphs feature to show. Maybe it's a Mac thing... I'll see what my PC can do with it tomorrow. But boy is that slick. All my runs got uploaded to the server, so I'm thinking I can just go save them to my log when I have time (if I want to) and then delete the hand-entered one. I did that with one of my long runs so I know it just adds another run vs. replacing the old entry. 11 miles for me tonight. Pace was 8:38 average, which shouldn't have felt so hard but that's what it was. We have just enough new snow out there to make it difficult to get a good push off, so every step feels like backsliding an inch or two. Just tiresome. I'm so ready for spring.
                          Peach - I hope you and your doctor figure out what's going on soon.
                          How do you use garmin for intervals? Do you reset it each time, or just turn autolap off and hit lap yourself?
                          I do my intervals on the road, and I use the forerunners "workouts" feature. Hit the mode button, then Training->Workouts You then have option of Quick, Interval or Advanced. I haven't used Quick or Interval. The Advanced workouts you have to set up ahead of time in Training Center -- there may be some defaults there. But if you run your intervals on the track I'm not sure what is the best way. MTA: 3.1 miles, 29:05, 9:18/mi, AHR 131 (66% mhr)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Peach - hang in there. It's tough when you can't run. Ok - who gave me their cough? Come here so that I may throat punch thee. It's warmer here - 40s and low 50s for a few days. I ran outside yesterday for the first time this year. I wore shorts. Today I think I'm going to run inside. If this bug decides to give me heck, I'll be able to bail on the workout.
                            theyapper

On the road again...

Got in a little over 4 miles yesterday. Today I get to rest. I've used the Interval function in Garmin and found it great for that type of workout. You simply put in how long you want to run, how long you want to rest in between intervals, and how many times you want to repeat that set. It beeps when it's time to switch, which means I don't have to think. I like that. Headed to Columbia, SC, for a few days. It should be warmer there and that'll be nice for my run tomorrow and possibly Saturday, too.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nope. It's official. It's a rest it out sort of a bug and not a sweat it out sort of bug. I'm bummed. I know that it's not going to affect my training much, but it's been a few months since I've missed a run.