Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

Cause I CAN

Thanks guys...me and the doc know exactly whats going on..its from med changes and my body is still trying to adjust. I can run just not very far or fast Smile I ran 2 miles yesterday
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - don't look this way - I'm still coughing so I didn't share!! 4 miles this morning - YEAH!!!
      Kimmie

Sorry you're sick Mr. I If it makes you feel any better, I'm going on day 6 with no running. Still coughing but much much better. I am run leader for my running group on Saturday so I think that will be a good day to make my reappearance. Smile Did you guys see this? http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2009/02/the-biggest-los.html

Dave

Sorry you're not feeling well, MrI. I blame Cash. Everyone else has to catch more colds because California doesn't pull their weight. 12 for me today at lunch with 5 at MP. I think I'm going to move my 20 miler to Saturday because of snow coming on Sunday.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

12 for me today at lunch with 5 at MP. I think I'm going to move my 20 miler to Saturday because of snow coming on Sunday.
            **shake my fist at you**

Dave

Did you guys see this? http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2009/02/the-biggest-los.html
              I saw the episode (I love that show) and when they flashed a 3:53 up there, I screamed at the TV. I'm almost positive I saw them cross the line in 5:53. Now it turns out they didn't really run the whole thing. Nice. Don't be a hater, Shan Big grin You know I had to start running again sooner or later. This mid-week long/fast stuff was way overdue. I'll upload all the digits later. This whole Garmin uploading thing will take logstalking to a whole new level Smile

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Don't be a hater, Shan Big grin You know I had to start running again sooner or later. This mid-week long/fast stuff was way overdue. I'll upload all the digits later.
                oh if I hadn't gotten sick this would not be a fist shaking story - at least not fist shaking from me!!! Evil grin
                  Hope the sickies are gone from those here ASAP!! Some nice running going on around here! My first run of the day was 8.5 miles with 2.5 of those miles 10x400's at an average pace of 6:52. Not the pace I wanted however it's a certain time of the month and I'm just happy that I actually got out to do intervals! Got in a nice 4.1 mile run after lunch. A little too close to this mornings run but that's my fault for getting out the door so late this morning.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks guys...me and the doc know exactly whats going on..its from med changes and my body is still trying to adjust. I can run just not very far or fast Smile I ran 2 miles yesterday
                    Glad to hear you know what's going on!! Sorry you're having to bail on your hm, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

didn't get second run in - had tutoring, a meeting, and dinner. I'm just getting to sit down... always tomorrow...
                      evanflein

Me too, Shan. But I didn't get my "first" (and only) run in. Got way too late with DS2's basketball game out at the AFB and then a couple errands before coming home to make dinner. It's the hazard of running in the evening... life sometimes gets in the way. But that's ok. I'm feeling kind of tired and achy anyway so there's always tomorrow.
                          First day off after 31 days of running -- I think that may be my longest streak so far. Today we're packing the car and I'll be taking tomorrow off, too, for travel. We'll see about Sunday -- first day skiing but I may be itching to run a bit first.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - have fun!!!! Erika - yeah if you are achy better to rest! Hope you aren't getting sick! Reset my alarm to give me an extra hour. I think yesterday took more out of me then I was prepared to acknowledge... shame too cause it feels really nice outside!

Dave

Have fun, Lou!! I suspect that the running break will give your legs a chance to heal up and you'll come back stronger. One last day of nice weather here. A little tweaky from yesterday but that's pretty much par for the course. Hope everyone gets out there today.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Enjoy your days off and your vacation Lou!! Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday! I'm running some hills with a friend today. Not exactly what I had planned for today however it will be done at a very nice and easy pace. It should be somewhere between 14-16 miles. Happy running everyone Smile