Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/23 (Read 280 times)

Yes these sickies have GOT TO GO!!!!!! Nice run pace!! Got in a nice 9.2 mile run this afternoon followed by 2 hours of ice skating. It's been YEARS since I've gone but I had so much fun. This was the twins first time and they did really great.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

I'm sitting here and all I can think about is how badly my training needs a long run. Last weekend I ran a hilly route and only ran 9.5 miles, the weekend before I ran 4, and the weekend before I struggled with 13 with tired legs. Now my legs are very rested although it will be 9F. I hope to run a good 15-16 miles, strong tomorrow. Fargo is in 69 days, too soon to panic right?

Bugs

Bugs

I lined up tomorrow's run to run the second half with a friend that is running faster than me. I think the friend will help me get out of my run slow clip. These long runs are not suppose to be slow, but I get out in the cold and just can't seem to go.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Finally back from our trip down to Columbia, SC. I got 3.5 miles in on Friday, but couldn't get a long run in today. I still ended the month with over 100 miles, and not doing the long run definitely made this a cutback week. I'll start again on Monday with 2 days of rest and hopefully without the 6 inches of snow they're predicting. We'll see.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Have been out of touch since Friday morning, pretty much. Now we're in Montana and will hit the slopes tomorrow morning. May run a few miles before that, we'll see how I feel in the morning. Erika - we split the difference on the time zone thing...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

ty66, Good job with the miles for the month. WRFB, Becareful sking. Glad to hear someone is boosting the economy. I get worried everybody doing nothing. I'm so excited to run tomorrow. I'm going to have my best long run in the cold ever.

Bugs

evanflein

Hey Lou, you'll be trying to get on the lift at 4 a.m. their time! Hope you have fun... and be careful! Bugs, I hope you get a good run in on Sunday. Sounds like you're ready to go... Hope all you in your household are getting better. Shan, hope you can get on an even keel soon with feeling better and more up to running. I am concerned about you, you've been through some stressful stuff lately. Boy it got late tonight. Spent the time I was originally planning on running shoveling snow in the driveway instead. 1.5 hours of that nonsense... then off to a soccer game (excellent game, btw), then shopping, then home to get dinner started, iron shirt for DS1 who went to the senior ball tonight... then down to the treadmill for 10 miles. 2 @ 8:50, 6 @ 8:34, 2 @ 8:20 (8:35 avg). It was really a pretty good run, had a good music mix on the iPod.... Tomorrow I have my first 20 of this training cycle, and there's so much snow out there I'll be doing it on the TM.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, hope you can get on an even keel soon with feeling better and more up to running. I am concerned about you, you've been through some stressful stuff lately.
                  yeah, i know. I'm taking another day off today. with more things being added this week (had to surrender the big dog, and found out yesterday one of my favorite students died in a car accident) I'm thinking things came to a head for me this weekend. I'm just sort of holing up with the dog watching movies and working on my grad portfolio. thank you for your concern.
                    Ugh,now I have some congestion in my chest. I'm going to ignore it and do a little run this morning -- our lodge is on the side of a hill so there 100's of feet of down and up no matter which way we go -- then the lifts start running at 9, almost 3 hours from now. Sunup isn't until 7:15 and we plan to wait before our run.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

oh no Lou!!! I hope it's nothing more than a little congestion due to change in location! Enjoy the slopes!

Dave

How about some pics, Lou? I'm out the door now for my 20. Going with Lou's 5-5-5-5 plan. I rolled the dice on the weather based on the forecast that showed the snow coming in later this afternoon. Seems to have worked. Just a dusting on the ground now but 5-8 inches called for late today and tonight. Didn't run yesterday with a bunch of kids stuff going on. Probably good to rest the legs just a bit. May hit 50 this week or very close to it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Dave, Bugs, Erika- let us know how the long runs go- I'm sure you will. Lou- sorry you're coughing... This seems like the worse winter for people with getting sick. Shan- hang in there. so sorry to hear about your student. That's tragic. I was a teacher before kids and lost two students to car accidents. It's very tough. I hope to get out to run. Like Dave said, we have a dusting on the ground. right now, we're off to church and then after church, maybe I can get someone to watch the kiddos so I can run- DH is out of town.
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

feeling human again - tomorrow should be ok to kick the tires on a run. Looks like I'm not the only one. Hope everyone feels better and is running well soon.
                              Enjoy your run today Bugs! Welcome back They! Enjoy skiing Lou, hope the chest congestion leads to NOTHING!! Nice run yesterday Erika! Hope the 20 on the treadmill goes by fast for ya! Sorry to hear about your student Shan! Enjoy your run Kimmie!! Have a great 20 Dave! I will be taking the day off. Slept in with dh this morning and have to have kids ready and be out the door by 11:30 to head to NJ for the day. Going to a christening and party afterwards. Have a great Sunday Peeps Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

feeling human again - tomorrow should be ok to kick the tires on a run. Looks like I'm not the only one. Hope everyone feels better and is running well soon.
                                glad to hear your feeling human again Mr. I !!