Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/2 (Read 328 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - that is a tough run. But I think those tough runs are what helps with the mental aspect of running/racing - at least for me. And thanks for your mom rant. I want you to know that while I may be impulsive with some things this is not one of those decisions. I do not take this lightly. I limit what I say on the subject because this is a public group. Anyway I just wanted you to know that this is not something I have taken lightly nor will I take it lightly as the next 3 months go by.
      3.1 miles, 30:04, 9:35/mi, AHR 128 (64% mhr) + core Good runs, all!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Pam, You look so good. I'm seriously envious. WRFB, Dam your fast. Good work. I quit at 8 miles when my foot got achy. 51 miles this week, but not a one to brag about. Maybe I should take up curling.
        Thanks Bugs! Sorry to hear your foot got achy Sad Hope it doesn't bother you on your next run!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

thanks. 51 miles is a pretty good week -- hope your foot gets better. Pam I know it wasn't clear, but the "Yikes" was about the trampling, but I garbled it when I did some editing.
          I agree with t51 being a pretty good week! Oh ok though I was kind of YIKES when I saw how big the picture was lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam, great pic. Your husband did a great job. Many photo's wind up blurry. He even made you look fast in freeze frame. Ate roostertail all day today. Now I know why Christina doesnt like to ride when its wet out. When you ride 6 inches behind somebody for a couple of hours, you wind up with mud from their tires all over YOU. Got home and any skin on my face,not covered by sunglasses, felt like it had been sand papered. Time for my once a year using moisturizer on the sore skin. It will feel fine tomorrow.
            Thanks Cash! He does do a great job. Oh and I think I was cruising at a 5:40 pace in that picture which for me is FAST Big grin lol@ate roostertail. Never quite heard that expression before Cash

Happy Camper

Ugh, tough morning. Must be tired. Pushups followed by 6 & change. 56:26. AVG HR 144bpm puts it in the easy range. Perceived effort was much harder than easy this morning. Black eye Happy Monday everyone!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Ummm Cash, I'm right handed. Decidedly so. My left side is worthless. Pam, what was your final time? You ran the 5k? My run today sucked. I rarely have bad runs, so guess I was due. 17 miles, 2:32:35, 8:59 avg pace (with more 9+ miles than I care to see again), temp about 1F, overcast with icy flurries. This run was hard from the beginning. Legs were tired from yesterday's hills (and longer-than-planned distance), and the footing was less than ideal with that dry, crunchy, sand-like snow over ice or hardpack. We've had snow in fluffy flurries lately, but no plowing in the past week. I think I could've used some Gu, water, beans, bananas or something about halfway thru. My legs were done by mile 11, and I forced the last 6 miles and towards the end I was taking lots of walk breaks to get through it. By mile 16, I was one mile away from my car and 2 miles shy of my goal of 18. I decided enough was enough, and jogged to the car with hands getting cold and legs wanting to cramp up and quit. Glad that's over, even with one mile less than goal. Oh well. Gives me 52.5 for the week, third increase week in a row. Time for a cutback week, which I'll gratefully accept.
                Sorry to hear that your run sucked Sad Though like you said you were probablydue for one. Way to get out and get the miles ine! Enjoy your cut back week! My final time was 23:24. I'm capable of faster however I'm still learning how to race. My splits were 7:53 first mile 7:39 second mile 7:18 third mile and the last .10 (course measures exactly 3.1) 34 seconds which I believe is a 5:40 pace.

theyapper

On the road again...

My final time was 23:24. I'm capable of faster however I'm still learning how to race. My splits were 7:53 first mile 7:39 second mile 7:18 third mile and the last .10 (course measures exactly 3.1) 34 seconds which I believe is a 5:40 pace.
                  Negative splits. Obviously, you know how to race. Great job!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Negative splits. Obviously, you know how to race. Great job!
                    Just gotta figure out how to give everything I've got. THANKS!

Dave

FWIW, Pam, my strategy on shorter races like 5 and 10K's is pretty simple. I go out faster than I think I can maintain and hold on at the end. Not quite that hard on 10K's but on 5K's its basically RTYP. No interest at all in negative splits but if it happens, it's great. I generally try and look very close to death at the end Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

FWIW, Pam, my strategy on shorter races like 5 and 10K's is pretty simple. I go out faster than I think I can maintain and hold on at the end. Not quite that hard on 10K's but on 5K's its basically RTYP. No interest at all in negative splits but if it happens, it's great. I generally try and look very close to death at the end Wink
                        THAT is what I need to work on!!! I want to leave everything out there! This feeling great at the end of a 5k is NOT going to help me accomplish my goal! Thanks Dave!! I'm hoping that I can accomplish that at next months 5k.