Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/2 (Read 328 times)

Dayum, I hate when somebody's easy run in freaking snow = my fastest race pace ever.
    hehhehheh Just to be clear, that's not my "easy" pace, and it included 10 striders -- you'll see the easy pace later this morning. But thanks for making me smile. MTA: I guess I might as well put my stats here: 6.1 miles, 56:08, 9:17/mi, AHR 134 (67% MHR) There was 1/2" or so of snow on the streets, but it was light and fluffy so not slippery at all.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cause I CAN

That is Erika. She lives in Alaska. I think she was running outside in minus 27 degrees farenheit that day. She is not always the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to running outside.( That seems to be pretty common with most of us in this thread). Other than that she is pretty smart.
      Oh wow...nuts and cool at the same time. No way you'd get me out of the house if it got that cold here Smile
      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Oh Mighty Wing

did not run this morning. will run later. lots going on.
        evanflein

That is Erika. She lives in Alaska. I think she was running outside in minus 27 degrees farenheit that day. She is not always the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to running outside.( That seems to be pretty common with most of us in this thread). Other than that she is pretty smart.
          Love you too, Huney... Roll eyes Hi Peach, yes that's me. I look like that after my outdoor runs longer than 3 miles or so. Lou, you've gotten a lot faster this year. Nice run this morning. I'll run after work today, but will do it on the treadmill at home. I may go out to run our hilly road first, it's a 5k out and back thing with a couple of good hills and a couple of long inclines/declines all packed into 3.15 miles. I've been reviewing my running log recently and find a serious lack of hills in my diet lately. Ruh roh... Disney was so flat I wasn't worried about hills, just getting my endurance/pace back after the post-NYC layoff. Now I've got Boston in my sights and need to get serious about hillwork again. But...... it's cold today (-35° this morning, -30° now at almost noon) and I'm sooooo tired of bundling up! I stay warm enough when I'm out there, just find the whole process wearisome. So easy to just go hop on the 'mill and crank up the tunes!

Hail to The Victors!

I'll run after work today, but will do it on the treadmill at home. I may go out to run our hilly road first, it's a 5k out and back thing with a couple of good hills and a couple of long inclines/declines all packed into 3.15 miles. I've been reviewing my running log recently and find a serious lack of hills in my diet lately. Ruh roh... Disney was so flat I wasn't worried about hills, just getting my endurance/pace back after the post-NYC layoff. Now I've got Boston in my sights and need to get serious about hillwork again. But...... it's cold today (-35° this morning, -30° now at almost noon) and I'm sooooo tired of bundling up! I stay warm enough when I'm out there, just find the whole process wearisome. So easy to just go hop on the 'mill and crank up the tunes!
            I don't know how you do it. -10 windchill here today (+10 out of the wind), and I fled indoors like a little kid. 5.75 progression on the track today. (7 overall), started at 8:00/pace and ended up in the 6:45 range someplace. Felt just ducky! I feel pretty well recovered from Disney at this point, and now, let the speed begin! It's supposed to be 40+ here Saturday through Tuesday, and there is a 4 mi race on Sunday on the shore of Lake Erie that I think I'll run. I'm looking forward to something fast.

Cause I CAN

2 miles, 18 degrees...not much to brag about....I think I'm a wuss compared to you guys...

Bugs

Dam that is cold Erika. I didn't get out at noon so I'll run after work. I really need to start running longer time periods..would like to run 90 minutes tonight. It's 0F but the sidewalks have ice, which is an issue in the dark. Maybe this should be a TM run, but I feel like I need training outside today.

Bugs

Dave

Treadmill intervals today (legs felt good at the start anyway). 6 miles total. 8x400M intervals with 400M recovery between intervals at an 8:57 pace. Intervals run progressively faster starting at 8.5 up to 9.2 on the treadmill. 1 mile warmup/cooldown. It was 35F out and I still hit the TM. Probably makes me the big wuss of the day.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

It's 34 F here and I'll hit the road once the wife gets home. Of course, the whole time I'm out there I'll be telling myself that at least the temp is in the POSITIVE numbers. Wow. -30 degrees is crazee. Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cause I CAN

Treadmill intervals today (legs felt good at the start anyway). 6 miles total. 8x400M intervals with 400M recovery between intervals at an 8:57 pace. Intervals run progressively faster starting at 8.5 up to 9.2 on the treadmill. 1 mile warmup/cooldown. It was 35F out and I still hit the TM. Probably makes me the big wuss of the day.
                      No if i had access to a TM, I would've used it Smile
                        Nice Runs Lou, Jhallum, Dave and peach! DAMN Erika that is damn cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I can totally understand how easy it would be just to get on the treadmill! Bugs, Stay safe and be carefull on your run tonight!! Enjoy your run today They! I almost bailed on todays run due to not really wanting to get out in the cold wind, however I did and got in 9.2 miles. Very glad I went out, despite the wind and cold I enjoyed my run.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

1 mile too fast - knew it wasn't heading where I wanted it to go so I bailed... will just have to load up the back half of my week.

Happy Camper

Second straight run in 4°F this morning. Today was 6-miles at 9:28 pace and avg HR of 157bpm. Great weather in the next few days. 5k race on Saturday I hope to run. If I can run it, It will be in shorts!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Second straight run in 4°F this morning. Today was 6-miles at 9:28 pace and avg HR of 157bpm. Great weather in the next few days. 5k race on Saturday I hope to run. If I can run it, It will be in shorts!
                              Nice run! I have one on Sunday and am hoping to be wearing shorts. Good luck and KICK A$$ (much easier to do in shorts than tights lol)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

you guys are all awesome. self imposed rest day for me.... so tired and don't know why... just didn't feel like pushing it.