Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/2/2011 (Read 223 times)

Bugs

I am a slow swimmer but I hardly use legs so doesn't affect bike or running.

Got word, my friend/co-worker DID bust his 30+ year streak the day he got hauled off to jail. Good for him.

Bugs

6 easy this morning.  Calves still sore.

I think I will take Erika's advice and not wear the vibrams before the half this Saturday.  Plenty of time to get used to them...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hi Everyone. Bugs posting on my FB wall reminded me that I needed to come in here.

Aidan was born April 18th at 10:45 am

9 lbs 0 oz, 21-3/4 " Long

Mom and Baby are healthy.

Here's some pics.

You know what they say about big feet...

I need to think about running again. The weight is creeping back up. Going to take it real easy the first month or so back--just running 3-4 miles @ lunch. May do some 5ks. Still have the 24 hour run looming in September. May take that much easier than I planned--we'll see its a long way off. I may feel more like torturing myself then, than I do now.

awww teeny tiny, congratulations!!

aw, so cute!

Congratulations!

evanflein

Congratulations Murphy! Has Eva met her little brother yet? That should be interesting... Glad you stopped by to share those. Aidan looks like he wants someone to turn out the lights. Smile

Nice 10k tempo run at lunch today with 7:50 overall average. Gotta love a tailwind.

Dave

Wow Murphy!! He's beautiful. Almost enough to me me want one last shot at having a boy. Almost ;-). Nice tempo run Erica. 5 this evening along the river in Historic Fredericksburg VA. Nice town. Worth a visit if you get up this way.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Everyone should be blessed with one of each, and those 9 + pound'ers are just easier to hold onto. He is beautiful, although I'm not inspired to have another!
                    theyapper

On the road again...

Nice pictures, Murph!

Ran yesterday morning - one of the more enjoyable 5+ milers because it felt so easy - and then realized I hadn't poked in here since Monday when I got on this morning.  Lots of great stuff happening here: gritty racing, TRIs, wow!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'm impressed with whole tri thing, I've never been a swimmer and am intrigued by the ones at my gym where you do them indoors! 

I honestly haven't swimmed a lap of a pool in......15 years - bad 'eh?

Starting back in with some more speed work, and I'm enjoying it, so out of my mini-rut.  I have the 5k corporate challenge this weekend, I did well compared to others during our trial run on Monday, so we'll see as it's quite hilly.  I went to the location an hour early and ran 4mi to get in some additional miles.  It's a massive park area and unfortunately my attempts to warn a driver of a deer didn't avoid what happened...meters in front of me.  Poor thing. 

Ouch!  That's too bad.  We have a lot of deer on the road to my house, so I try to be careful.  Having said that, I expect it is a matter of time before one jumps out in front of me.

7 easy miles this morning, in a light rain.  I think my calves are starting to feel better, so it's all good for Saturday's half.  Sunday I can start on the VFFs again.  I have a race in a couple of weeks, but that's a "warrior dash" -- 5k on obstacle course, so will be more of a fun run anyway.  And hopefully I can get past this muscle soreness by then.

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - I've got a friend who started running in Vibrams and he said his calves and legs were sore for a while.  Guess you use a whole new set of muscles?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Yes definitely different muscles.

I can't remember the last time I swam a lap.

6 easy miles for me this morning

Hail to The Victors!

I envy you for even trying them.  Not sure if they are for me or not, It would take some modifications of how I run to even think about running in them (and IMO, about 30 fewer pounds). 

5.4 today, 7 yesterday.  taking it real easy, first race in 51 weeks on Saturday, feel like I want to have a decent performance, not sure what decent means yet.