Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

Kimmie

I agree with Bugs. Smile I looked at your log, Murphy, and I couldn't tell how hilly they were. Am I missing something? I do think I need to incorporate more hills in my training. Myrtle Beach was flat, so I got lazy with always hitting the flatter routes around here. And then National had some hills that I wasn't ready for... Pam, I was wondering when you were going to check in. Good job on your run. I had a slightly sick child at home today, so no run for me. Makes me wish for a treadmill. But, I'm sure I will be able to run tomorrow. I think she's better.
      Hope your daughter feels better ASAP Kimmie! Thanks Kimmie Smile I've got a slight addiction to bowling on Facebook Blush

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

LOL@ that picture Lou! Tramps sure kicked butt!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Enjoy your run Murphy!

evanflein

Hi everyone! Got home on Saturday and have been swamped at home (and now at work) ever since. Shan had a most amazing weekend. Ah, the benefits of youth. Hope you hold up well, dear. Remember, running injuries raise their heads and smack you down with unbelievable suddenness. Be careful. I got in a PR week of running for me last week. Nice to see what you can do with no kids/spouse/house making demands on you! 58.7 miles, which is a lot for me. Got in 7 on my treadmill Saturday, schedule said 10 but with the travel and all, I just didn't want to. 7 felt right. Then I got my 20 in on Sunday. Waited till later in the day to see if the winds would die down... they didn't. So, with the wind coming from the ENE, I headed mostly WSW for as long as I could. Had lots of headwind the last 10 miles, which mostly sucked. But I got it done. 8:24 avg pace; here's my elevation/pace chart from my log (fun doing this now!). Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

Dave

Blah! Get well, Bugs! 6 miles yesterday to put me firmly at 70 for the week. Starting off this week right with 14 easy today. I'm scrunching all of miles early this week so I don't have to roll off a 90 minute run on Saturday, so this week looks something like 14, 10, 10, 19, 8, 6, 5. I hate doing it, because it does risk injury, and my speedwork suffers, but at least I get the miles in. Speaking of the weekend, this is the weekend we're in DC. The final answer is that we're staying nearer to Ashburn, at the Dulles Residence Inn. I'm thinking about a nice early Sunday morning run ~7am or so, maybe 5-6 miles? Who's in?
              I think I'm in Jeremy. Will see how the week progresses with recovery though. I'm in Detroit this week for some work and some house hunting. We'll see how it goes. The flurry of activity on my house has died down with no one on the hook yet. Guess we'll see. Nice BP Murphy. I'm pretty sure mine isn't anywhere near as healthy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

I think I'm in Jeremy. Will see how the week progresses with recovery though. I'm in Detroit this week for some work and some house hunting. We'll see how it goes. The flurry of activity on my house has died down with no one on the hook yet. Guess we'll see.
                Sounds good, Dave. Which side of Detroit are you on? You might not be too far away from us (Ann Arbor). Though, if it's work related, I'll take a guess and say you are visiting out by Selfridge?
                Cashmason

Great running Shan! Get better Bugs. Hope your kid is feeling better by now Kimmie. Off to teach spin, may get in a short run or swim afterwards. Love the Tramps Pic/ mayor pic Lou !

Bugs

Sorry to hear about the water in your basement and hope your feeling better ASAP Bugs!!!
                    Got home to the the water standing everyone in the basement. My husband thinks this is under control? The TM cord laying in water. Running books ruined. It's a holy mess. I'm certain this flu bug will either last one more day or nine more months. I'm afraid coach is upset that I am sick again. I didn't get my peppy Monday email. Sad Oh well. I don't know that the email coaching works that well. It has been very hard, but circumstances have not been ideal. P2R, how's the tummy. Erika, glad to have you back.

Bugs

Kimmie

Hope your daughter feels better ASAP Kimmie! Thanks Kimmie Smile I've got a slight addiction to bowling on Facebook Blush
                      What's bowling on Facebook? I've found a plan that I'm happy with... calls for 8 miles of hills tomorrow... I think someone on here recommended it to me. So, how should I run 8 miles of hills? If I don't have a hilly route, would I just run a warmup and then repeat the same hill 10 times and then cool down? that's probably not the best... still thinking...

Bugs

What's bowling on Facebook? I've found a plan that I'm happy with... calls for 8 miles of hills tomorrow... I think someone on here recommended it to me. So, how should I run 8 miles of hills? If I don't have a hilly route, would I just run a warmup and then repeat the same hill 10 times and then cool down? that's probably not the best... still thinking...
                        You could run .5 to 1 mile at the bottom and on the top. I need a bit of luck sent my way. Mentally I really need a long run in the books. I'm hoping to do it Wed. That gives me one more day for my nausia to settle down. Shan, how's it going getting the shamrock results figured straighten out?

Bugs

Kimmie

I wish you luck and good health Bugs. What's great about marathon training is that it keeps you consistent and training really hard all through winter. What's bad about marathon training is that if you get sick, you're a little screwed and feel like you have to make up for time lost. Just remember that you have a good base, and you need to get better.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, how's it going getting the shamrock results figured straighten out?
                            gah still working on it!!
                              Any idea why no results? Bad chip? Or tied to the late entry? Im sure it will work out. I just managed 4 miles today. Just wasnt feeling it. My shins were a bit achy. In all likelihood I will settle into the 40ish mile per week range leading up to the Pig. If I even do judt that, I'll be better prepared than I have been for a marathon in about 1-1/2 years. I'll plan to build on that heading onto The Air Force Marathon or Columbus. You can see elevation progiles by going into the running log--viewing a run and looking at the map.

Bugs

I wish you luck and good health Bugs. What's great about marathon training is that it keeps you consistent and training really hard all through winter. What's bad about marathon training is that if you get sick, you're a little screwed and feel like you have to make up for time lost. Just remember that you have a good base, and you need to get better.
                                Oh please keep telling me everything will be OK. Really I will feel sane once I get a good long run in. Two years ago I was just around the corner from an injury that took a month to straighten out and ran Grandmas so enjoyable. I need to remind myself, this is my play nothing more.

Bugs