Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

Hope you feel better soon, bugs, and what a pain to deal with the water at the same time. You still have time to recover from this.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs you will totally be fine!!! Murphy - I have no clue!!
        5.1 miles, 45:12, 8:54/mi, AHR 140 (72% MHR) Knee a bit sore since the race on Saturday, but I'm not worried about it. It seems to ease up during my runs. Got a clean bill of health from the cardiologist yesterday -- echo cardiogram looked good. He upped my BP meds, to try to knock a few points down. We found out our grandchild due in August will be a boy. Let the clothes buying begin!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - YEAH FOR GOOD NEWS!!!!! So very exciting!! Overslept - no morning run - not good... i was looking forward to that... oh well - afternoon will just get stretched out if I feel good.
          Kimmie

Hey Shan, So do you plan to write race reports? I'd love to hear more details about both races. How was your pacing?

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey Shan, So do you plan to write race reports? I'd love to hear more details about both races. How was your pacing?
              oh yeah I can do that... sorry I forgot... I'll try to do that a little later today...
              theyapper

On the road again...

I couldn't squeeze a run in yesterday, so today I'm running my first......DOUBLE! I'm very excited, although it shouldn't be too difficult since I'm running such slow paces during my LHR phase. Anyway, morning run was 3.5 miles, hope to get another 4 in this afternoon.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

WWWOOOHHHOOOO On the double!!! Just remember to take it easy and enjoy!!!
                    Kimmie, Bowling buddies is a game application for Facebook. Mississippi from LLR challenged me to a game one day and I've been hooked since.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Very cool They!! Enjoy your double!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Got in a nice enjoyable 14 miler in the parkway. I'd of loved to have gone longer however I was such a chicken to get out in the cold I didn't get out for my run until late. Tomorrow is supposed to be hill. We'll see how my legs feel afterwards.

Bugs

Pam, I am in awe of your running. Keep me away from all facebook games. I way overdid the farming game. Almost all better, helps to have an attractive doctor. It's pooring buckets of rain so I think running outside tonight is not wise for me. Can I run on a dry TM that is on wet carpet but a dry matt?

Bugs

Dave

Sounds good, Dave. Which side of Detroit are you on? You might not be too far away from us (Ann Arbor). Though, if it's work related, I'll take a guess and say you are visiting out by Selfridge?
                            Yep. I'm staying over near Selfridge. Worked all day today pretty much. Mix of work and househunting tomorrow and Thursday. Legs are MUCH better today. No longer wincing on stairs. I may hit the treadmill tonight or early tomorrow for an easy 3 and see what it feels like. I thought I was doing pretty good just bringing running shoes on this trip Big grin Drop me a facebook message if you want to link up. I may have some time Wed or Th night.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Got out and put in the 4 miles I'd hoped - nice and easy. Did the first half with my wife and the second half a bit faster alone. Overall, a good first double, but I'm not gonna give them a go for a bit now.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

nice and easy 6.