Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

Bugs

Lou, Great news about the grandbaby. How sweet. Do you live near them? I tell my boys that if they ever move away I'm going to move right by them. Dave, Why the aches and pains, we don't hear Shan talking of cranky legs. Smile Did you pick a marathon in Michigan yet? Kim, When is your next marathon? You know you'd be recovered in time to run Grandmas! Smile Shan, You sure are quiet. After I sub-four'd I couldn't shut-up about every detail. Sounds like a cold marathon to me. Did you wear green? Shamrock your ass? Fargo, ND is seriously sand-bagging the river. They say if the river goes there is just no where for the water to go. The marathon is right by the river. I know when Iowa flooded last spring they canceled, no refunds. I'm not worried, the people living there got bigger concerns.

Bugs

Kimmie

Wow- I sure needed that run... 6 miles in 50:56- 8:20 pace... felt fast but good... I haven't run with my group on Tuesday nights in awhile since my DH is now trying to hit the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But, he's out of town, so I got a sitter so I could go. And Bugs, I don't have another marathon in the works right now... Cherry Blossom 10 miler on the 5th of April, relay at the end of the month and then I thought Fall Marathon and Boston 2010. If you wanted to help me collect the funds for a flight to Minneapolis, I would be all over it. You sound more upbeat... hope the nausea and dizziness are gone and the basement has dried out.Smile And I agree that we need more details, Shan. heck, I just wrote a sad little race report on my sad little half marathon, so you can give us more on your really awesome racing. Big grin

Happy Camper

We need the Shan Report! Push ups and 6 this morning. 6 again this evening. Felt sluggish on the double. AM run was 9:39 Avg pace and 139bpm Avg HR. PM run, 9:53 Avg pace, 142bpm Avg HR.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

No running for me today but I feel like I could've. Instead, I worked and spent the evening driving around Rochester Hills, Michigan looking at houses. Lots for sale. Lots. Sort of depressing but nice to know I have options. I'm going to run tomorrow for sure. No harm in 3 days off after that marathon. No more whining about it since Bugs won't stand for it Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Great news about the grandbaby. How sweet. Do you live near them? I tell my boys that if they ever move away I'm going to move right by them.
            They live in Boston now -- we'll see them in April (she's due in August), and then in August I'm sure. But they're moving to SoCal -- all the way across the country -- for probably five years. Then the plan is back to the east coast. We'll be visiting them in San Diego -- I think there are some good marathons out there.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Dave, Bugs Ettiquette says you get seven days to go one and about the race and pains and then you have to shut-up. The rules may change if you run more than three marathons in a month. Smile Lou, Oh that's too far away. I've be doing every dinky 5K there just an extra execuse.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Hi guys new job/schedule is hectic but decent. I'm running really strong. Last week was my first 60+ mile week. I'll top that this week. I will break 200 miles this month for the first time. Even after the higher mileage last week, today's run: 2 mile warmup 20 min at LT 1 mile easy 20 min at LT 2 miles easy was actually pretty bearable. 8 more weeks till race day
                  Hey Mr I. Congrats on the 60 mile week! nd the 200 mile month! Did good tonight. Almost took the night off..but headed out a little after 7:00. Wasnt sure how much I'd get in. Went out at a fast pace, but felt good so I turned it into an 8 miler. After the 4 mile turnaround point, I settled into more typical long run pace.partly because mile 5 and 6 cover the big ass hill.. Ran this 8 miler a total of 30 secs per minute faster than last week on the same route..but the later miles were slower..still felt pretty strong.
                  Cashmason

Congrats on the 60 mile week and 200 mile month. 6.3 miles tonight in an hour. Teach spin at 5 45 am tomorrow. Lou, San Diego has the Rock n Roll Marathon about June 1st every year. About 25 thousand runners. Fun marathon with bands every mile. Not all rock and roll though, all different types of music. Finish inside the Marine Corp Recruit Depot. PDR should like all the eye candy there. That is the only marathon in SD that I know of. They do have several half marathons. An hour and a half up the road we have the OC marathon now in May, and Surf City on Super Bowl Sunday. Long Beach is usually mid October. LA just moved their marathon from mid March to Memorial Day.

Oh Mighty Wing

Congrat's Mr. I!!!
                        Thanks, Cash. MrI nice week and month! Murphy - you are putting on the miles. Kimmie - I love the cherry blossom race. Dave - whine all you want. Planned 4x but did 3x1200m, 2:00 intervals total workouts 2.25@6:44(173) 5:00(168) [0.75=6:40] 5:01(173) [0.75=6:42] 5:09(179) [0.75=6:52] - started slowing here and decided to call it quits. Should have run these a bit slower, maybe 6:55 pace or so. This all within a 10 miler 10.1 miles, 1:22:44, 8:10/mi, AHR 155 (79% MHR)

Oh Mighty Wing

3 and change this am. the potty called... dang it.
                          Kimmie

Very impressive running Lou... . you're kind of a machine... you just tell your body to run a certain pace and it does. I forgot to ask you whether or not you guys run with a running group up there. Just curious... our group seems to be down in attendance lately, so I'm always looking for ideas to get more people out. I think we should come up with a destination marathon for Team Blister. I really don't intend to run another marathon until the Fall. So, how about Richmond? or Detroit? The Frederick Marathon is the weekend after the relay. Think I'll be too tired to run it? good day all. I'm going to attempt to take a Body Pump class at the gym at noon today and then go run.
                              I think we should come up with a destination marathon for Team Blister. I really don't intend to run another marathon until the Fall. So, how about Richmond? or Detroit?
                              How Bout Columbus - Oct 18? Or, possibly Air Force Marathon Sep 19th? Yeah, Im being selfish pushing for a local one. But with the baby due the first week of Sep--I wouldnt be able to travel, really, although Id probably stay overnight for both of these--they are close.
                                I forgot to ask you whether or not you guys run with a running group up there.
                                Our group is in "the city" of Frederick, and we live 8 miles outside. Most of our runs are early morning, so we each run at the same time, but on our own because our paces are different. We're talking about running with the club some evenings this summer, but haven't done that yet. From a motivation standpoint, it helps that we each are running, but we ride through injuries of one or the other ok, too. I just told a colleague that it's important to be self motivating, because trying to coordinate with other people can be difficult. Plus I mentioned the runningahead and kickrunners forums as a place to chat with other runners and to get motivation.
                                I think we should come up with a destination marathon for Team Blister. I really don't intend to run another marathon until the Fall. So, how about Richmond? or Detroit?
                                We've already committed to Amica Marathon in Rhode Island in October. I think it is http://amicamarathon.com/ . Looks like they changed their name and moved it to Sunday. I'm checking with the social director to verify I have the right one [MTA: confirmed], but how many marathons could they possibly have in Rhode Island on the same weekend?