Marathon Trainers

WEEK 3/23 (Read 447 times)

Bugs

I'm pretty open to whatever except nothing Oct. 10th. I would like a fast coure. I don't see me doing a BQ at Grandmas, and I wouldn't mind running Boston with Kim. Smile

Bugs

I say Steamtown in October!!! Beautiful and very people friendly * and only an hour from my house lol* Got in a nice 10 mile run today. I had a great 10 mile run however I didn't get to enjoy it like I would have liked too due to running partner was having a bad bad day Sad Not eating before a hilly run will do that too you as well as other crap. Oh and the graph here does no justice to the hills. There's one really big hill but alot of decent size hills as well. My legs felt great throughout the whole run which I wasn't sure would be the case. Pretty cool

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

oh Steamtown.... now I've heard fabulous things about Steamtown. Bugs, I would love for you to run Boston with me.... all my running group friends are going this year.

Hail to The Victors!

Dave, Sadly, I'm busy tonight and tomorrow night. Definitely still up for an easy run Sunday morning if you are, though. Rochester Hills is a pretty nice town. They run the Brooksie Way Half Marathon right next door at Oakland University. One of my favorite "local" races. I know a guy who lives up around there who is also training for Bayshore and works for Running Fit, the local running store.

Hail to The Victors!

I'm up for pretty much anything. Detroit is a fun marathon, though it's pretty boring in the back half. Columbus sounds fun, I've never been there before. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do a fall face, or which fall race I want to do. The Monkey is calling my name, but I would like to take a shot at another marathon PR this fall, and the monkey just isn't the place for PRs.

Bugs

oh Steamtown.... now I've heard fabulous things about Steamtown. Bugs, I would love for you to run Boston with me.... all my running group friends are going this year.
              Well it's a pie in the sky goal, don't make dinner reservations yet. Plus I'm officially retired from stressing about anything. Wink Can't do Steamtown, date doesn't work for me.

Bugs

If you are looking for PRs or BQs, Im fairly sure Columbus is the best bet around that time (And the only one I could commit to).
                theyapper

On the road again...

Man, I'd love to run with you guys (and by run "with" I mean in the same race because I'm sure I'd be watching you all blaze the trail that I'd be following many minutes behind), but there's just no way I can do Columbus. Wish that could've worked out, but maybe another time.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

I just saw on another thread that there is a contingent here running Richmond. I might even be able to do both. Smile they are a month apart.
                    evanflein

So nobody wants to go to Rhode Island? Fine, then. We'll just hang out with the kids and the baby and to heck with you all. More beer for us, anyway. Tongue
                      I'd love to go to Rhode Island and drink beer... oops, run a marathon! But don't think it's in my near future. That's one helluva cross country trip... did that last year. Equinox is Sept. 19 and that's a must do for me (as usual) unless I'm crippled or on death bed. Columbus would be fun, but not sure what my fall plans will be. So much depends on what sort of "employer support" I can get for travel... as in, tie an event to a business trip if possible. I've only done that once, and it made a huge difference in being able to do that race (Carlsbad).

Happy Camper

Columbus sounds fun. A group from here did it. It's tough to call it this far out. I'm afraid with what I have planned already it will be hard to plan in. Hope I can make it work. Second day of doubles. Pull ups & 6-miles this morning. 8 this evening both easy paced. I'm able to keep the heart rate up but the pace at that heart rate is getting slower. Once I get into full ultra training mode I'll remember what slow is all about. Cool

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Hi guys. I just have a few seconds to drop in and ask a favor. It's getting hard. I'm running more than I have ever run before, even more than I expected during this training cycle. If I can just make it through this week, I think I'll be ok. However I'm at that point when I'm not sure that I can keep going. If you tell me that I can, I'll believe you. Just needing some encouragement.

Oh Mighty Wing

MR. I - YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!

Bugs

This group sucks at group trips. Inertia, From your log it looks like this are going really good, and you said your last 20 went well. So what is getting hard? When is your marathon? While I want to encourage you but hey if you need to rest-up a bit you certainly are in a great place to give yourself a break. I'm still resting. Tonight I had more energy than I have had in a month, but still a bit of a cough. My wet basement and tired husband really need a wife not a runner tonight anyway. Expect to run tomorrow. Nobby offerred for me to have lunch with him and Loraine Moller. (see what happens when you send x-mas cookies) What would you say during lunch with an olympic marathon metalest?

Bugs

Cashmason

8 miles for me at 6 45 am after teaching spin. G/f got entry into NYC marathon, which she will walk. So thats our destination trip for running for the year. Mr. I, if you feel healthy you can do it. Is the problem mental or are you hurting. Bugs forget about the Olympic medals and talk to her as a person. So easy to get mesmerized by what they have accomplished, and you feel small and can't think of anything to say. Pretend she is just a friend of Nobby's. What would you talk about then. I know first time I met my coach with her Olympic background, and also a guy who is the drummer for the Goo Goo Dolls, I didnt know what to say. Turns out the drummer likes to run marathons, so thats what we talked about, never said a word about music. He gets that all the time from strangers.