Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/14/10 (Read 228 times)

evanflein

So who does she get those big blue eyes from?

Bugs

Murphy,

Boy is she a cutie. Adopted her huh? Wink

Pam, 

Rest up. Real hard to tell the difference between a bad cold and allergies.

Cash,

Damn calves. Hang in there.

Erika,

WIll try and do you proud! Weather looks good so far, humid but not hot. Last year the forecast was good right till the night before and sure enough it turned evil hot. Won't really know till the day of.

What a couple of days. DH got mad cause I was packing vodka for Saturday night. Us four girls wanted to have drinks, and we're in a dive hotel with no bar. Well the fight turned into a "Fine I won't even go to the marathon." He sent flowers today wishing me Good Luck. Hasn't sent flowers since 1993 so this is HUGE.

RP's niece's four year old daughter choked on a grape and died today. It is just awful, RP has been crying all day.  I wondered if she would want to go. If was just her she probably would not but i don't even know the girls we're picking up at the airport (They are online friends of hers.) RP kids are going to not take it well, and I convinced her to not tell them till after she gets back. I just hope she is able to enjoy the weekend.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Aw that really is sad. Hope the marathon goes well though.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, Bugs, that's awful.  I'm speechless.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

You just never know about some things. What a sad day. I'm so sorry for your RP's family.

6 miles at lunch, 8:09 avg pace, legs felt tired but ok.

Kimmie

I'm sad, too, for your RP's loss.  Was she supposed to run the marathon?
              theyapper

On the road again...

6 miles this morning.

Paul

Dave

Hasn't sent flowers since 1993 so this is HUGE.

RP's niece's four year old daughter choked on a grape and died today. It is just awful, RP has been crying all day.  I wondered if she would want to go. If was just her she probably would not but i don't even know the girls we're picking up at the airport (They are online friends of hers.) RP kids are going to not take it well, and I convinced her to not tell them till after she gets back. I just hope she is able to enjoy the weekend.

Just in case I wondered if wive's track that sort of thing.  .

So, so sorry to hear about your RP's loss.  Terrible. 

Back home in MI.  Worn down but not worn out.  Came down with a cold again so I haven't run since Tuesday...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Have an awesome weekend Bugs!

Have got to love Summer.  Pre-run weight:  175.4 lbs.  Post run  weight:  169.0 lbs.  I only ran 10.5 miles. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

verry, verry, sad bugs.

3 treadmill miles this morning. Biggest Loser weigh in at noon. Dad and stepmom coming to town to visit this weekend, and watch Ava while we go to a concert tonight. Will be a great Father's day weekend.

The eyes are from my wife...and come to think of it, I cant think of a single trait she gets from me.

BEAUTIFUL Murph!!!

WOW! So sad Bugs. Your RP will be in thoughts and prayers!!!  KICK BUTT this weekend and hope you guys  can enjoy it despite the sadness!

Dang Pace gotta love that  though hope you keep hydrated!

Thanks guys! Now that I know it's a cold and have been taking cold meds. I'm doing much better. Still not up to part but much better than before. Had a really nice run last night and this morning as well though I was planning on taking today off. 

Tomorrow dd has her first play off game for softball so my run won't happen until late, unless I can get RP to run in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to the Blister Dads this Sunday!!!! Hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend and am looking forward to hearing an AWESOME race report sometime next week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Camper

Type Distance Time Total Time Pace Avg HR Max HR Notes
                          Interval 1 Mi 7:10.19 7:10.19 7:11 167 178  
                          Interval 1 Mi 7:39.27 14:49.46 7:40 178 185  
                          Interval 1 Mi 7:30.39 22:19.85 7:31 179 190  
                          Interval 0.19 Mi 1:20.62 23:40.47 7:05 192 198

From 5k this morning.  It didn't start until 8:30 so it was good and warm.  Ran 7 miles at 5:30am and did a 1 -mile warm up so it was miles 9, 10 and 11 for the day.  Slower  than I wanted but not bad effort.  Garmin strap was riding down around my stomach by the end of the race so I don't put do much into the HR for the last mile.  Was  hoping to hold splits sub 7:20 on this course but it didn't happen.  It was a benefit run for teen suicide prevention.  It was sad because last October our former neighbors oldest son took  his life at  17 years of age.  We lived  along  side them for over 5 years and during his elementary years  he played with  our children, hung out, spent the night etc.  It  was in Stuart's memory his parents started the foundation and did this inaugural run as a fundraising  benefit. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice race, Bryan, and for a great cause.  Hoping Bugs has an awesome race today (it is today, right)!

Same thing for me and my weight on the 1:50:00 run (covered a bit over 10.5).  Was 180.6 when I went out and was 175.2 when I got back.  I drank water the entire time.

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day week-end.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Maybe everyone knew this already, but you can track Bugs at the link below:

Live Bugs tracker

Paul

Happy Camper

Thanks Paul.  I was wondering how she was doing.  I think she did great today!