Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

Hail to The Victors!

I had chinese food for lunch and my fortune said "Now is the time to set your sights high and go for it!" Unhealthy, MSG laden food can't steer me wrong. Wink I've still got the fitness from my last race. Toledo is flatter. I may not be able to swing another marathon in May. In some weird way, an 8:12 pace for 26 doesn't scare me quite as much as 7:30's for 13.
    Either that, or you've been reading too many of Jeff's posts in the swamp. ;-) I think you ought to go for it, too. But, then again, I've been reading too many of his posts, also.

Dave

Either that, or you've been reading too many of Jeff's posts in the swamp. ;-) I think you ought to go for it, too. But, then again, I've been reading too many of his posts, also.
      And with JellyFish injured, I thought I'd better pick up the slack.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ha! I was on the wrong thread and wondering why nobody responded. Thanks for the kudos everyone! Erika seemed disappointed but happy with her decision. I do feel bad that she trained through all that cold and came so far. I took a rest day today -- had too much to do before leaving Boston. Bugs - no headphones for me in races but I train with them (just like Dave). Here I am at mile 20, still smiling. I never felt this good at 20 before. (This will be in my race report, too. Sorry for the dup. RR will be out tonight or tomorrow morning. Er, where do we put them? Oh is that a sticky? Never mind.)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

That pic is AWESOME! You look like you were having so much fun.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

That pic is AWESOME! You look like you were having so much fun.
            +1!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

Go for the full Dave! DS2 had a good followup with the Doc. Two more days at home and he should be good to go. DW returns tomorrow night. I leave Thursday morning. Easy 6 for me today. Will run tomorrow then rest until my 1st run Friday afternoon.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

What can I say. I like girls Blush I hear you though, Pam. Our youngest is quite a challenge. Every child is so different. OK, maybe not every child but at least my two are Wink
                I don't know how old yours are but Katie is almost 8 and talk about emotional rollercoaster! Not sure if it's cause I have 4 boys or cause her twins is a boy. Also we are soooooooooooo alike so that doesn't help.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Damn Lou you look sooooooo good can't believe that's mile 20 of a PR! Congrats again! Do the Full Dave!!! I want to race so bad I can taste it. If I can't you can k. Glad ds had a good follow up with the doc Pace! Got in a nice 14 miler this morning. Perfect weather. Thought about doing a double however I got too caught up with farming Tongue That and dh is getting home so late that it's almost dinner time. Guess I can always run tomorrow Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Dave, if you start doing multiple marathons, will you take on a cool nickname like Shan did? What could we call you? the Octopus? Lou, I love the picture too and can't wait to read the report. I've never looked like that at mile 20. must have been all your hard training. Pam, great running... considering I never run doubles, I'm impressed when you run a 14 miler in one day. Tonight, I went out with my running group and had every intention of making it an easy run- well, none of my easy people showed up, so I HAD to go out with the fast people and then it becomes kind of like a game with me. How long can I hold on to this pace? (7:25 was the pace) The answer is: 4.5 miles... Smile Another rule I have when I'm pushing the pace like that, is to be able to talk... I kind of cheated on that because I was talking in short sentences, but still talking. So, I gradually slowed down after 4.5 miles to finish out with 6 total. Dave, I do think you should run the full.... I kind of wish I had a marathon coming up soon.
                      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, great photo (MTA: and fun race report, Mr Beaten By Wonder Woman, fashion style summary race reporter) Is it still the week of 4/20?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Dave, I do think you should run the full.... I kind of wish I had a marathon coming up soon.
                          AFAICT (as far as I can tell), Frederick Marathon in a week and a half is still open Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Whoo Hoo! Just scored a pair of NF Rucky Chucky's off of Steep & Cheap. Big grin

Kimmie

pace- I wish I knew what you were talking about... but that's great. Smile This is how nervous I am about this relay... last night I had a dream: I ran my first leg of the relay and then decided to DRIVE home so I could sleep in between legs. And then, of course, I overslept and my teammates were calling me, etc... So then, I told them what happened and they miraculously got the RD to let us have a do-over. So, I show up that day on time, but wearing a dress and high heels- no running clothes of any kind... 200 miles from home. ok, there you have it... my strange consciousness. I don't know why I'm nervous- it will be fun. I'm over thinking it... but you can't help what you dream. I just thought that was funny. got to get ready to go to work now. Trying to decide if i'm going to run today. I wouldn't be able to go out until after noon- I'm seeing the chiro at noon- no major problems but just an adjustment. But if I run right after, does that mean I undo all his work?

Dave

Dave, if you start doing multiple marathons, will you take on a cool nickname like Shan did? What could we call you? the Octopus? ... Dave, I do think you should run the full.
                                Octopus sounds really creepy. And grabby. Perhaps another name, please. Wink I was hoping I would get some voices of reason but instead I got the chorus of stupidity encouragement. Guess I'd better run the full. Continued taper starts today. Kim, relax and enjoy the relay. Its a great opportunity and you'll be able to log some really nice miles. Pace, I had to google those shoes. $110 on Zappos. They look rugged.

dgb2n@yahoo.com