Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, that relay is going to be fun! Hope you guys have great runs! Scheduled rest day for me. At least from running. Everything else is crazy busy. Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Lou, That picture is awesome. Wow you make it look easy. Erika, I feel so bad for you. All that cold winter running, traveling, yikes. Good for you for having such a great attitude about it. Sounds like you have a good sports doctor,hopefully he'll figure out in a snap. Kim & P2R, Good luck on your relay. Sounds like fun. Dave, Go for it, if you feel up to it. If you get say 10 miles into it you could slow don, finish, then run another in May and be a marathon manic, if that is something that interests you. Pam, Man you are a running machine. My legs would have fallen off if I ran that much. Our JellyFish seems to have left all the groups. Hope she comes back, but not too fun to be around runners when you can't run. Last night I was running and past this couple walking. I could just tell by the girl's desperate look she was an injured runner. Just wanted to turn around, give her a hug and say, "Been there and it will get better." Legs are tired this week. Heart-rate a little high. Last night I was trying to feel out a marathon pace, and I'm all over the place for pace, could no get into a nice steady pace. Will do some jogging today, focus on recovery miles..80F here, too nice not to run.

Bugs

Bugs

P2R, You are doing the right thing taking care of your son first. I got an email today and my nephew's daugher is really sick and they don't know why but are testing her for Leukemia, she's 1 1/2 and now down to 20 pounds. Yesterday running was the most important thing going on in my life..but now... Oh sorry...needed to vent somewhere... little kids (and bigger kids) shouldn't be sick.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Sorry to hear about the DNF, Erika. It looked like you were cruising along so well, too. Hopefully the turnaround to recovery will be quick! 3 days to Glass City here, and I'm getting pretty excited. It's my first legitimate PR attempt since Disney, not only that, somehow I lucked out, and Mishka is pacing. That guy is fast, so I have this feeling that things are going to turn out pretty good on Sunday. The question is starting to become not "will I PR", but rather, "how much can I knock off it?" Perhaps a measure of overconfidence, I don't know, but I feel really good about this. 10 with strides yesterday, 10 easy today.

Bugs

Well I asked for a fast workout this weekend. I begged for intervals or a 10 mile tempo run. I got assigned hills again.

Bugs

Thanks Pace and Lou!! Hope you get to the "bottom" of your injury Erika and get healed ASAP!! Sorry to hear about your dnf, happens to the best of us! Vert cool Paul about the speeding up for easy pace! Have FUN PACE and GOOD LUCK! Nice run Lou Smile I may take the day off as well Kimmie. Enjoy yours if you do! Also have a GREAT weekend and GOOD LUCK on the relay! Oh and safe travels to you and Pace. Hope you guys meet up! As for Shan, hope she gets good news tomorrow. If so I'm sure she'll be back here after CMM.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam, Man you are a running machine. My legs would have fallen off if I ran that much. Our JellyFish seems to have left all the groups. Hope she comes back, but not too fun to be around runners when you can't run. Last night I was running and past this couple walking. I could just tell by the girl's desperate look she was an injured runner. Just wanted to turn around, give her a hug and say, "Been there and it will get better." Legs are tired this week. Heart-rate a little high. Last night I was trying to feel out a marathon pace, and I'm all over the place for pace, could no get into a nice steady pace. Will do some jogging today, focus on recovery miles..80F here, too nice not to run.
                Who says I have legs Tongue Though I have to admit the milage is getting to me. Thankfully I'm close to peaking and will be tapering soon! Enjoy your recovery miles today. That actually sounds like a good plan for myself as well. Something short and easy. I have time after chores and farming time lol ( I am such an addict to that game). Course I could wait until dh gets home however I find myself just wanting to relax with the family at that point.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Well I asked for a fast workout this weekend. I begged for intervals or a 10 mile tempo run. I got assigned hills again.
                  Hills are just more painful intervals. Hit 'em hard! Come October, you will be happy to have done them.

Bugs

Hills are just more painful intervals. Hit 'em hard! Come October, you will be happy to have done them.
                    October??? I need to run a marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. But my goal marathon is in June, and looks like I will have 0 tempo runs, and 0 marathon paced runs in training. I have no idea how I'm going to pace that marathon. Right now I have two speeds an 8:00 min mile and a 10:00 min mile, but my marathon pace is 8:30.

Bugs

well I've heard hills are speed training in disguese Smile Next time beg for hills Wink

October??? I need to run a marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. But my goal marathon is in June, and looks like I will have 0 tempo runs, and 0 marathon paced runs in training. I have no idea how I'm going to pace that marathon. Right now I have two speeds an 8:00 min mile and a 10:00 min mile, but my marathon pace is 8:30.
                        Enjoy the marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. If Nobby thinks you can do it I'm sure you can. It's amazing how fast you can run in a marathon compared to training runs! Keep the faith hun!

Dave

575 miles for me today. OK, that was in the car and I was off the road by 3PM so it was a good drive. 54 MPG once I got into Ohio and flat ground (Prius). I'm going to take an easy jog this evening and another one tomorrow to complete my taper for Glass City.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

OMG I sooooooo missed what you said about your nephews dd Bugs ((((((HUGS))))))) will keep her in thoughts and prayers!!!

575 miles for me today. OK, that was in the car and I was off the road by 3PM so it was a good drive. 54 MPG once I got into Ohio and flat ground (Prius). I'm going to take an easy jog this evening and another one tomorrow to complete my taper for Glass City.
                              Damn that's alot of miles Wink Enjothe rest of your taper and GOOD LUCK Dave!!!!

Kimmie

Good luck Jeremy and Dave!!! Let us know how it goes.... good luck Pace and me... Smile I just got back from decorating our van and I'm psyched now... nothing like writing "Run like someone's chasing you" on the window to get you hyped up. It's going to be great.... crowded, smelly, tiring... but great. You guys have a good weekend. Pace- I will call you when we get up there- probably 9:30 or so for us.