Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/20 - Boston (Read 345 times)

I didn't piece that together but it does sound like it. She didn't come right out and say she was even running it on FB. Good luck, JF!
    no but I just can't imagine her being SOOOOOOOOOOO excited if she WASN"T running it.. BTW GOOD LUCK at Glass City Dave! I hear it's a great marathon!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck, Shannon! It'd be great to see you in Boston next year. Good luck, Dave! Yet another recovery run. I'm starting to itch to run fast, but will try to use appropriate post-race discretion. 3.1 miles, 28:12, 9:01/mi, AHR 137 (70% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

No. I've got 2 fallbacks. This was my second trip and we had narrowed the neighborhood and houses down before looking today. Ironically, my plan before coming up was to bid on this house if it was as nice as it looks. And it was. I could've saved myself the trip but then I wouldn't have been able to run in Glass City. What time are you hitting the expo tomorrow?
        Leaving here at about 11, getting there about noon. Sadly, I have to be back up here by 1:30, so I won't be staying long.
          Angry, the liveresults link on the CMM isn't working

Kimmie

hey- hope you guys have fun Jeremy and Dave... knock em dead. I am dead tired right now.... my portion of the relay is over. that was so much fun. I was amazed that I could do that. Leg 1- 5.3 miles through Gettysburg Battlefied... average pace:8:02 Leg 2- 4.0 miles in the dark of some town... not even sure where I was at that time. average pace- 8:08 Leg 3- 5.0 miles- really hilly- one that was a 300 foot climb? something like that... and I ran this at 5 am- so also very dark... average pace 8:55. I was surprised what it was like to run in the dark and to know that someone is waiting for me at that exchange point really helped me to keep the pace.

Dave

hey- hope you guys have fun Jeremy and Dave... knock em dead. I am dead tired right now.... my portion of the relay is over. that was so much fun. I was amazed that I could do that. Leg 1- 5.3 miles through Gettysburg Battlefied... average pace:8:02 Leg 2- 4.0 miles in the dark of some town... not even sure where I was at that time. average pace- 8:08 Leg 3- 5.0 miles- really hilly- one that was a 300 foot climb? something like that... and I ran this at 5 am- so also very dark... average pace 8:55. I was surprised what it was like to run in the dark and to know that someone is waiting for me at that exchange point really helped me to keep the pace.
              Congratulations, Kimmie! Sounds like you had a blast. Running in the dead of night sounds very cool. At least you weren't in the heat that folks are facing today at the CMM. Getting ready to drive down towards Toledo in a little bit.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

I just can't imagine how Kimmie was posting updates like that. But the relay I was doing was out in the desert... no computer access that's for sure. DS2 has a 5k race this morning so I'd better get going. Might post pictures later if I get one or two...
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Race report for my final tune up race is http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/e1f98c3bbb89452597b8d4471624f92e#focus posted
                    fixed the link Very nice, Mr I -- you went into the race with a plan, and you executed perfectly, even when it got ... really ... hard. Well done!

evanflein

Great Job Mr I! That's one helluva race you ran. I like the surging and holding approach... take advantage of opportunities as they come up.
                      Kimmie

Just read your race report- that is awesome, Mr.I Yeah, Dave, the heat is intense today... I felt bad for the people on our team who finished the last legs... one last note on the relay- apparently we finished 2nd in the co-ed division... time was 28:21... I have no idea how many teams are in our division... so that may or may not be impressive. But, very cool, nonetheless. Erika, I have an Iphone... so I had some down time in the van and I would type in the updates. Bryan, aka pace, texted me and said they're still running and he has some stories.... I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon but I kept seeing that van- Butt, Sweat and Beers... funny. Smile Oh and Erika- I definitely want to hear about your son's 5K. Jeremy and Dave- how you guys feeling? Is it going to be hot there too? Is CMM today or tomorrow? I know both days are hot here... I was sweating just running to the finish line to catch up with the rest of my team. And I think I will definitely run another one of these someday... all that whining for nothing. Big grin
                          CONGRATS Kimmie!!! I can't wait to do a relay race! I think running at midnight was like my fav thing during my first Ultra event. Congrats on the placing! GOOD LUCK JEREMY AND DAVE!!!! KICK BUTT!! GREAT report MR. I!! Job well done!! How'd your ds do Erika? Hope you got some pictures! CMM was today (I'm sure you know that by now) and looks like Shan finished her 6th marathon this year Smile I got a little over 8 miles in today. Had planned for 12 however that was pretty ambitious considering my RP had just ran her longest run yesterday and isn't quite up to running long runs and mid long runs back to back especially when there's alot of hills involved. SHe decided that since I'm so "special" that she would make sure we had some nice hills. I also forgot that my HM race is on coming up in a week ( I was thinking 2 weeks) FINALLY it's getting close. Guess I can take it easy this coming week. Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend. Can't wait to hear the rest of our racers reports!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Inertia, OMG, that's awesome. You earned it, really great job. Pam, Sounds like a great run. Good work Kimmie, You're amazing. Fast, and portable Internet enabled. Impressive. So how bad it is it running with no sleep? Dave, Good Luck tomorrow..26.2 right? Good luck on the house buying. Smart to bid low..can always counter offer. My brother built a house to sell, and the problem is everybody has a house contingent on selling...if you don't have that rider you're a more attactive offer. Erika, How's the tush? Any improvement? Can you cross train..or maybe it's a good time to get caught up on real life..kids, yard, house...alll that other stuff. Very nice hill workout, with intervals .5 mile intervals mixed into the hill springing, and a 40 minute jog tonight. Feel so good. I got a massage yesterday at the massage school...never again I let a random person rub by body, she was much to rough on me; Bugs is delicated.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! It looks warmish, but nothing like what the CMM people went through. Shan, if you are reading this, how did your CMM race go?
                                5.1 miles, 45:31, 8:58/mi, AHR 138 (71% MHR)