Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/11/2010 (Read 133 times)

Dave

So sorry to hear that, Murphy.  Hope DW feels better.  I know she's getting to the end of the pregnancy and that can be tough.

Nice run, Perry.

Highest mileage week ever means really good things, Paul.  That is awesome.  I may have to do a weekly summary just to celebrate.

Speaking of inspiration, I was so inspired by you guys that I got my game face on this morning, strapped on the old fuel belt, and knocked out a little over 14.  Longest run since I moved to Michigan.  Rough going after about 11 but I finished it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Sorry, Murphy.  Hope DW feels better soon.

Everyone is getting great runs in this weekend, but hats off to Dave with the 14.  (Can't call you Lazy Dave any more Smile )

Kudos to Paul for the PR week!

Kinda windy and hilly today:

16.1 miles, 2:22:57, 8:52/mi, AHR 155 (75% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Sunday is finishing strong!  Nice runs, Paul, Dave and Lou.

I slogged through 10 today and  faded the last two miles.  Guess my layoff is coming at a good time.  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning are no exercise except for the  weight lifting  I will do between blood draws on Tuesday morning. I get a dexa  scan Tuesday also.  I'm hoping for some good changes from 6 months ago.  I'll likely lift again Wednesday after work so I'm done running until Thursday morning.  It was tempting but I didn't race this weekend.  There were fifteen 5k races around town this weekend.  That's a lot for a town of 100,000.  Great weather for it but I just don't have it after racing the last two weekends.  After this week I plan on adding back a hill repeat work out on Monday and keeping the 200 meter repeats up on Friday.  I'll  try 8 - mile general aerobic runs on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and mid-long distance Saturday and Sunday.  I'll have a 10-mile race  in December and a 5k on New Years Eve to see how that schedule works for me.  I'm on track to top 3,000 miles this year and hope to have a good 2011 with running.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats Dave! Now for some taper week.

I put on a new fuel belt I just purchased today -- I like it, it doesn't slide around like my regular/old one

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats Dave! Now for some taper week.

I put on a new fuel belt I just purchased today -- I like it, it doesn't slide around like my regular/old one

What kind of belt did you get?  Mine's fading fast and I'm looking.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Morning you all!

Murphy, hang in there.  You're being a good Dad and husband.   It's a tough season of life to get a lot of running in.

Nice run, Dave.   I like how you said you knocked out 14.

think the ITB is going to be OK.  It's possible I overreacted a bit, which wouldn't be the first time I did that.   I just got back from 5 miles, everything feels fine.  Of course, 5 miles is not 10 miles.   (I'm pretty good at math)      So, again, it remains to be seen as to what Sunday's race will hold for me.   But, no matter what, I will be there, slogging it out with pride.   hope to meet up with Dave and Perry, too.  I'll be with some running pals, but I can either bring them along or ditch them if they're not up for hanging out or whatever.  (I'm a nice friend, but, you know, I see them ALL THE TIME)

Ok, apparently I'm in a weird mood.

Lou and Harriet, congrats on a great training marathon!   I loved your pictures.  so inspired by you guys.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My old one is amphipod. I like the big pouch, but the yellow bottles that snap on, can too easily fall off. Also if both bottles are full, the belt will slowly start sliding around unless I tighten it down -- that's annoying.

The new one is Nike. Two little pouches with several compartments -- all small. Wish it had more storage space. But the bottles go in vertically and are held tight by some sort of indent in their middle -- I like the fact they won't fall out. Also this belt doesn't start sliding around on me.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.