Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/16 (Read 259 times)

Guess I'll start the new weekly thread Smile

Sorry to disappoint ya bugs but no matching lacy thong panties were worn. I'm more of a commando girl myself Wink Something must have been wrong with that particular bra cause I wore one just like it for my 12 mile run and no problems. Believe it or not this type of bra is really comfy (probably why I have like 6 of them).

Anyway another beautiful day. Got 10 easy miles in. These 10 milers are starting to feel more like my 5 -6 mile runs. I'm sure that will change once the weather turns for the worse. Hope everyone is having a great Monday Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

figures, we started at the same time. I'll kill mine.

Nothing this weekend, 4 today at lunch 10mm. Im taking the whole 'easing back into running' thing seriously.

Good news is I havent lost all my 'fitness' Im runing way faster and further than I could when I first started running. And My best two marathons were my first two, and I have about the same timeframe to train. So, Im loosely going to follow that training program for The Pig. And in theory, I should improve my times.

I was waiting and waiting...  Smile

Nothing for me this morning.  Nada.  Nilch.  

I think I needed a rest day.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ringmaster

Rest day today. Planning an easy 4 tomorrow. Much less sore than I thought I would be, considering. Still planning to race my first marathon in late February or early March. I ran my first this year, but this would be the first time I really race the distance.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

theyapper

On the road again...

I rested today, too.  My legs have been quite sore since Saturday, but today was a lot less.  The good thing is that mentally I've already returned to the "I think I'll do another marathon someday" state.  I wasn't there after the race or during the 3 miles of death.  

Still no report, but soon.  The only thing I did today even remotely related to running was change my avatar.

You likey??!  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Nice marathon bar avatar Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I like the bar, Paul!

Tempo Tuesday for me:

8.1 miles, 1:04:47, 7:58/mi, AHR 160 (82% MHR)

2@9:01(135), 4@7:13(170), 2.14@8:23(156)

Bugs

8 miles today @ 4:45 a.m avg pace 9:15, tried running hills but TP had tired legs and couldn't convince her to do more hills. I hope we sync up soon. I'm a little faster than her, but run more so it's suppose to even out, but isn't working. I would never be able to get up that early without her.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

A little over 2.25 recovery.  Legs felt good - still a little tight - but I woke up this morning and wanted to run, so I did.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I would never be able to get up that early without her.

Sure you would.  Just set your alarm, and get up when it goes off -- there's no negotiating with yourself at that time of the morning.  Smile

More fun to run with someone, but not so good if they get in the way of your training.

Of course that's easy for me to say because most mornings PDR gets up before me.

Ringmaster

You likey??!  

I likey!

Bugs, my RP is only my RP about once a week. Her training pace is faster than mine, though the last couple of races I've left her at the end of the race. The rest of the days, believe it or not, it's enough training that I'm getting up with her once a week to make my body get up the other 4-5 days in the predawn. It also helps to know I REALLY want that PR. It does get easier after a while.

Not as sore as I thought I would be, but I still think I'll take tomorrow off. No sense sacrificing my long-term training just to prove something.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                        Mile by Mile

Vaccination day for the little one. So, I didnt get out at lunch. Will try to get out this evening. Rainy--may hit the indoor track or treadmill at the Y. Would like to get to a whopping 20 miles this week. Did wake up with quite the stiff back, which was a bit concerning given that it was back soreness that shelved me last time. Feel good now.
                            Kudo's to those who can run at the crack of dawn. I used to and loved it however now that I don't have too I don't. I do miss the quietness of the early morning however now that I'm getting "old" I need the sleep more.

8 tired miles today. Didn't sleep well last night due to night sweats (metabolism is changing). Didn't really feel like running today however  not sure there are many more nice days left to run in soooooooooo I got out. Weird how it didn't feel hard at all I just felt like falling asleep. I expected my pace to be much slower than it was.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Glad to hear your feeling better  Murph! I had some neck soreness last night though I'm sure that had everything to do with the overhead presses I did. I've gotta take it easy with those for awhile.

Nice avatar Paul!! I've yet to do my Harrisburg report as well. For some odd reason if I don't do it the same day it takes forever. I have so much I want to write about this time though who knows if I will.

Those that are taking a rest day ENJOY Smile 

Bugs

Vix,

I really don't know I could. I could get up at 6:00 easily but this 4-4:30 stuff, which is WAY earlier than even the crack of dawn takes some determination.

Pam,

I do like sleeping in too, just easier on the family.

Lou,

I'm going to need your motivation to keep crawling out of bed when the snow hits the ground.

However I can run doubles without her. 4.25 miles at 9:04 pace at noon.

Bugs