Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/16 (Read 259 times)

how AWESOME is it that your helping in such a great program Kim! I'd love to do something like that! Sending lots of NO RAIN VIBES YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ringmaster

Oh, I'll be hoping for no rain too, Kimmie, for such young kids it would be tough--for their parents too! One of our girls at church just started running this fall and qualified for regionals last weekend with a 23-something 5k; she's in 7th grade. It's so fun to see kids discover they're good at this stuff!

I went out for my second post-race run today and my knees didn't feel good, so I bagged it and walked home. Realized my own snobbery when I hated doing it. But I'd rather get healthy and well before the marathon. I'll take as much time as I need--I am not risking my training for that race.

Glad you and RP had a good race, Bugs. I'm gonna miss my Turkey Trot to travel, I just realized. But maybe that's just as well and I'll just get back to training when we get back.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
      Mile by Mile

Kimmie

I can't believe I'm surprised by this, but, THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!    It started out sprinkling and at one point it was pouring and the girls just ran and ran.  Smile

The race was supposed to be 2.25 miles with a portion on the grass but after all day rain, we decided to take out that portion of the race, which made it 1.25 miles instead. 

I did everything in my power to get them psyched up ahead of time.  Cheers and warming up and stretching!!  Just too fun.  It was awesome.  Darby ran 1.25 miles in 12:30, a little less than 10 minute pace.  I was shocked, because she has been taking walking breaks but today, she just kept saying, no walking, no walking. Smile   I can't wait for the real thing in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit.    I just love that she keeps saying how fun it was.

Sounds like fun, Kim.

Hope you knees dont' become an issue, Vix.

Nice, somewhat chilly, recovery run.  Why does 47° feel colder sometimes more than others?

3.1 miles, 28:44, 9:09/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Where is everyone?

I'm here. Ken had the day off so we enjoyed the day together. Had a very enjoyable run with him (his first in at least a month and a half) Gorgeous weather for a November day.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

I know. I was thinking it was a quiet day.  I didn't get out to run today because of too much work and house stuff.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  I will be out of town next week for Thanksgiving.  Hope to get some decent running in... still keeping it fun without too much of a plan.

Bugs

I forced myself to take a rest day. Need to run at 4:30 so I can be at the cabinet makers at 8:30. Promised RP to keep a 9:30 average, looking at log that ain't going to be easy.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

Never got to run today, but it was all good.  I earned the rest. 

For your  viewing pleasure, pictures from the marathon.  Should I get one?  If so, which one(s)?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

I kinda like that finish picture. They don't have individual numbers for the photos so it's sorta hard to tell which ones are which.

After a long day of meetings and training, it was good to get home and run for half hour on the treadmill downstairs. I'm thinking of running outside a bit tomorrow, even though it's supposed to be cold. I've gotta start sometime, right?

Kimmie

This is the one I like

47698-2313-021

And there are others,  but in this one, you look strong.

running later today.  I felt guilty going  out early because there was a sleepover with many girls here.  Bugs, I am impressed that you ran at 4:30 and Erika, I'm always impressed with you.  Make sure you post pictures of your winter running.

Was that a 4:30 run on a Saturday, Bugs?  Even I don't do that Smile

Paul - I like a lot of them.  When there are good ones I usually buy all of them for download, but it's a bit pricey.

4.1 miles, 36:01, 8:52/mi, AHR 138 (70% MHR)

I was going t brew today, but PDR suggested I wait until Friday when I'm off work but she's working.  I agreed but didn't know at the time that she has a list of stuff for me to do 

theyapper

On the road again...

Ran 4.4 this morning way too fast.  I got out 2.2 and decided to turn around and run a negative split home.  I did, but on a hilly route and too soon after the big race.  I just had a need for some speed.

Funny you mentioned that one, Kim, because that's my favorite.  The cool thing, too, is that it was taken at the end of the race.  I'm glad I look strong then.  Of course, it's hard to beat the 5 million pictures they got of me eating my gel!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Hey everyone.  Been a little MIA this week.

I added my favorite to the group home page, Paul.  Of course, I can switch out of you have a preference.

4 treadmill today at a nice gentle pace.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hey, how do I get on the group home page?

Plenty of choices in the galleries under http://www.pbase.com/lking/running

Big grin