Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/16 (Read 259 times)

evanflein

Hope you feel better Lou (and Pam), and I like that picture of all of us. That was when you and PDR drove down to meet me at the conference I was attending... where, um... oh, National Harbor? Sort of a "made up" community of hotels, condos and conference centers just outside of D.C. Interesting place but so glad you two showed up. That was fun!

Wow, Perry. I knew you were fast. You and Jeremy are the real speed demons around here!

Yeah Bugs on suckering your RP's to head out at that hour. I'm smarter than that. I wouldn't answer my phone. 

Yesterday's run was just 3.5 miles, but that was enough with all those hills and the temps. It's warmer today, but I'm thinking I'll head out in a bit and see what I can get done. Yesterday was my first outdoor run since the 9.2 on Nov. 1.

GREAT picture of you, Erika and PDR Lou! Hope you're feeling better asap!

As for me I'm just having stomach issue's. I was diagnosed with IBS in 2006 and I've changed A LOT of my diet however wheat is getting to be a bigger issue for me now. Just what I need ANOTHER  food item I can't eat. Still managed to get out and get in a nice 14 miler. I was really dehydrated. My own fault since all I drank before my run was coffee and I didn't bring any with me. Gotta work on that. 

I'm with you on that Erika. My phones would be unplugged or ringer turned off lol. That or I'd let dh answer it and he'd be the one out running. Glad you got out yesterday! Hope you're able to get out today as well!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday Smile I've gotta get my butt off the puter so I can help dh with the rearranging we've been doing in house  over the weekend.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

Erika,

It really wasn't that bad, but weird to run that long under the stars. When the cold weather hits I won't be heading out there so early.

12 miles today, avg pace 8:20, progressively faster runner in shorts & tank, 65F. WEIRD.  55 miles for the week, and not sure I'm done running for the day. Not sure what I'm working out of my system, but I like running well, being in my skinny jeans. Just going with it for now..

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ha, hey Bugs, enjoy that running and those skinny jeans - you go Smile

I plan to wake up at LouDarkThirty -- actually 0500 -to get a run in before a long day with driving to and from DC.

Of course if I'm too tired in the morning I can always bail and run in the evening in the dark instead. After all, there won't be any light that early anyway, so what's the benefit of getting up and running in the morning, when it lacks light anyway?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Perry,

I'll go tomorrow. Telling myself not to hit 60, just for the sake of running 60 mpw. I want to run but just don't want to be dumb.

Bugs

Dave

Awesome, Bugs.  That is pretty close to your HM race pace?

5 miles for me today.  Also sort of progressive with mile 5 at 7:30.

Heading to DC tomorrow AM early for a couple of days. 

Congrats on a great marathon, Perry.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Going running in a couple minutes. Going early cause I gotta go to DC this morning Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hey, Perry got out before me this morning!

3.1 miles, 28:48, 9:10/mi, AHR 132 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com