Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/15 (Read 307 times)

nn ????FTW gorw si gnihtemos sdsyraw kcab gniog si ipyt ym GMO GM !TOOW !emoh si eillaK

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

???FTW

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Camper

P2R,

Why don't you ask your chiropractor about graston treatment. My guy uses it on 90% of his patients, because almost all injuries there are knots and scar tissue to scrap out. I highly recommend going to a doc that is certified to do it. The two that I went to (before) that helped, but it would have taken a million appointments to fix even the smallest issues.

No one advertises graston or ART here.  I'll ask.  Today was just x-ray, measurement and range of motion tests.  Second visit tomorrow.  They are really pushing regular visits.  I know that adjustments can help pain.  It's bothered me in the past that Chiro's will treat patients that are healthy and normal promoting the adjustments as healthy maintenance like teeth brushing.  When we lived in Davenport, IA  we knew a couple of  families that the parents did not vaccinate their kids claiming the Chiropractic treatments were all they needed.   

My HR was up this morning too.  73o and steamy at 5:30.  First 200yds in the pool felt wonderful to the back.  4-miles running, 2000yds in the pool again today. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

nn ????FTW gorw si gnihtemos sdsyraw kcab gniog si ipyt ym GMO GM !TOOW !emoh si eillaK

Glad she's back!  She is a sweetie.  Nice pictures on FB.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

!stsop ym no neppah ot ti desuac ev'uoy woN  !on hO

!AH AH AH

???FTW

For real?

Uneventful epidural injection.  Actually it was a bit of a production.  There was a nurse to help set things up, and manage the flouroscope (so he put the needle in the right place).  He talked about my type of work and she rubbed my shoulders while the procedure was going on.  Did I look that nervous?  Whatever...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

They are really pushing regular visits.  

YES! There are more bad chiropractors than good, and most will treat you for ANYTHING even if they have no idea how to fix it, they will keep sending you back for one more visits. My entire opinion changed when I met this Dr. Hardesty.  The man is a God. I've sent four of my running friends to him and he's fixed each one up. I've tried a few second rate chiropractors when I couldn't get into him. I'm done with that. My doc says lots of chiros are doing graston, but most are too cheap to pay for the training.  If I can't see a good doctor, I'll stick with ice and rest. Just thought it wouldn't hurt for you to ask.

I'm really tired of going to see the chiropractor. I hadn't seen him till write before Fargo, and now he has rubbed my body more  than husband. Cash might have to teach me how to swim again after this marathon.

Ran again. Knee/ITB needs to keep quiet. Still a little soreness in there I think. I didn't really hurt, not really okay either.

Bugs

Sorry guys, I just figured out that firefox is doing something weird. I can only write in reverse while using firefox. Anyway using IE.   Not sure WTF is going on with firefox though lol

Got 9 miles in  this evening and it felt sooooooooooo good. Too bad I ran out of sunlight and I had forgot reflective vest and headlamp. Anyway love my evening runs!

Hope everyone is doing well. Will try and catch up tomorrow. Sorry again with the reverse posts earlier!

evanflein

The reflective vest and darkness comments have me  but I have to remember not everyone has so much daylight in the summer...

5.5 miles at lunchtime. Was glad I got out then cuz I sure didn't feel like a run after work.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pam, check View/Character Encoding -- I wonder if your firefox is set for an Arabic or Hebrew character encoding. Those both use RTL (right-to-left).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Sorry guys, I just figured out that firefox is doing something weird. I can only write in reverse while using firefox. Anyway using IE.   Not sure WTF is going on with firefox though lol

Got 9 miles in  this evening and it felt sooooooooooo good. Too bad I ran out of sunlight and I had forgot reflective vest and headlamp. Anyway love my evening runs!

Hope everyone is doing well. Will try and catch up tomorrow. Sorry again with the reverse posts earlier!

.EI gnisu yawynA .xoferif gnisu elihw esrever ni etirw ylno nac I .driew gnihtemos gniod si xoferif taht tuo derugif tsuj I ,syug yrroS .doog ooooooooooos tlef ti dna gnineve siht  ni selim 9 toG lol hguoht xoferif htiw no gniog si FTW erus toNpmaldaeh dna tsev evitcelfer togrof dah I dna thgilnus fo tuo nar I dab ooT

!reilrae stsop esrever eht htiw niaga yrroS .worromot pu hctac dna yrt lliW .llew gniod si enoyreve epoH
                        !snur gnineve ym evol yawynA 

Fixed it for you!

Kimmie

Wow, Lou, I can't believe you can write uneventful epidural injection.  I've only had two and they seemed like big deals to me... maybe I 'm just a baby and you're tough.

some good running going on in here.

Going on day 4 with a sick child... it's worse than it was.  We're going back to the Dr. today.   We'll see what happens, but it looks like no run again for me today.  Sad  But that's OK, I will get back to it.  I just don't think I can ask a babysitter to come over if she's  sick... and DH is back but working all day and night today.

I know there could be worse things than your child needs you and you can't get your run in.

It is making me wish for a nice treadmill. though.

Good day all!  Thinking about Bugs in Duluth!

Dave

Hows it going guys.

I've been off the internet all week out in Kansas as some of you may have suspected from FB.  Had a gout flare up Sunday night and have only run once all week (and that was a mistake).  Got some meds from the doc here and hopefully it will start improving. 

Move is next week and we've got lots to do still to get ready.  Dropping the kids off with Grandma on Saturday so we'll have some alone time which we desperately need. 

Easy miles everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Sorry to hear about your gout flare up Dave.

Glad you'll get some alone time with DW.  I'm sure you'll be happy to have the move behind you.

Bugs

Will,

I thought only woman in labor got epidurals.

Dave,

geez, yuck, that's not running related is it?

Well I have never felt so unpepared, injured and fat all at the same time. My goal is to go nice and easy so if you see "30:00" at the 5k, say "Great Bugs is still moving". Either way there is beer at the end. (Monday the diet starts.)

Bugs