Marathon Trainers

week of 9/14 (Read 290 times)

WORK OUT DONE BY MY SELF damn dh! We finished dinner like 10 minutes before bed time (kids go to bed but are able to read until 8:30) so like usual I went to sit with them (poor Frankie was very upset that his daddy didn't come sit with us as well) and watch a bit of the boob tube. Gawd forbid he puts the leftovers in the microwave until AFTER the twins go to bed and then we clean up together instead he gets quietly pissed . Kicker was when I asked his help with cleaning of a toilet that HE clogged. He got pissed cause I didn't sit around and wait for him to do it and went and did it myself. Talk about petty stuff. He's got more crap going on at work which will mean lots more work so like a lot of men he doesn't know how to deal with it and lets it out on everyone else. Anyway after I workout I came up to try and talk to him. Needless to say it ended with I don't care where you sleep just as long as it's not in bed with me (me to dh)

UGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bugs

JellyFish,

My "Mom" advice is try not to get caught up in what everybody says or you think they think. People make passing comments, and it sits in our own heads, but they move on to the next thing. I read what you wrote about not talking about what you did this summer, and pondered, "What did she do?".  Of course I knew you ran lots of marathons, but honestly didn't worry about you after May. Besides I thought this was part of the training for Triple Tahoe. Did you run that?

As far as 5K, I second that not going out to fast, but in the second mile you pass people like crazy. The last mile hurts for everybody, most people will be too tired to pass you and they will pace off of you. Last advice, don't take position for granted for a second, especially that last 300 feet. I like 5Ks and think I would do rather well at them if I focused on that type of training.

Pace,

Hym, the trail is 40 minutes away. I suppose I could drive there one Saturday/Sunday. I don't really have a time goal since I've never done any trail running. I hope there is no mud, I had not thought of that. Sad

Pam,

I dunno, hope things blow over soon, and I'm sure they will. At least tonight you get all the pillows.

Remodels suck. I'm selling the house and living in a tent. The ceiling got messed now we are scraping all the texture off to remake the ceiling like it was. Nothing like being covered with white chalking itchy mess while you do a job that takes forever and covers the house with suite. Anybody got a match?

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs I felt that way many times during our kitchen remodel! That was so hard, washing dishes in the hallway bathtub, using just the toaster oven or microwave for weeks. Ugh. Wouldn't want to redo that again!! The bathroom was almost as bad because I had to use the boys' bathroom for weeks! Bleh. It'll be over eventually (note, I did not say "soon"), and you'll love it.

Pam, sorry you had a pissy dude in the house. That really bites. Been there, done that. I've taken the approach, he'll either get over it or he won't. Not much I can do really. So far, he's gotten over it.

40 minutes of pool running after work. Felt a little shaky afterwards. I think I was just hungry, but that was weird.

Glad we haven't remodeled yet.  But PDR is talking about doing something with our bathroom.

7.1 miles, 57:34, 8:07/mi, AHR 157 (81% MHR), including 8x20s striders.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yikes!! all around for last night!!

Pam - sorry DH was pissy!

Bugs - remodeling is not fun!! but it will be oh so worth it!!! It was all just fun and games to help me to build mileage. I was not under any illusion of it being training... it was base building fun because I love it! haha oh and I'm not running Tahoe. I don't know when I'm running another marathon...

Lou - nice run!

Ha he got over it. Came upstairs apologized which is something that DOESN"T come easy for him. You would think that now that he's over 40 that he'd learn how to deal with his frustration better.

I've never remodeled so I have no clue what you're going through Bugs. Hope it's over shortly!

Anyways I ONLY had to get up twice during the night  thankfully so I got a decent nights rest. Trying to decide what I should run today. SInce I have 10-12 miles of hills tomorrow I should run 2 short runs today. We'll see if that's what happens.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Just walked with a bunch of neighborhood women.... didn't wear my Garmin, but probably 2.5 miles.  My friend who is just getting back to running, wanted to start this walking group 2 days a week to get some of the women out who have been talking about getting into shape.  funny to just walk and not run but I enjoyed it.   I plan to run 5 miles here after this post.

My achilles is bugging me and I'm not sure what's caused it.   I hope it's nothing.  Just feels tender and sore during the run.

Nothing new to add, other than-  hope everyone has a great day and let's hear from some people we haven't heard from in awhile....   you know who you are.

I wrote this on FB, but it's so cute, I'll share it here too-  Last night, Piper (who just turned 6) said, Mom, I love you more than my blankie.  Which is a big deal, if you knew how much she treasures that blankie.  Then she proceeded to tell me all the things that she loves me more than.... ice cream, planets, (?), the whole universe, all of her stuffed animals.

that girl is too cute for her own good.  Smile

Bugs

Pam,

The remodel won't be done for a long time. Luckily my house is really big that I can go upstairs and feel like life is normal. What I'm going to do when I have no kitchen I have no idea.

Kim,

Hope the achilles is better soon. I've had many occurances but one graston doc visit always fixes it. Reminds me, I'm overdue for an injury.

I have to drive over to my brothers to get his texture equipment to fix the stupid ceiling. He lives near where the trial race is so I will run a long run on the course, and get a few hours out of the house. Smile

Bugs

I'm sorry Bug!! GLad to hear you have sanctuary elsewhere in the house!

Akkkk Kimmie! Hope to hear it's nothing as well!! BTW Your dd's are sooooooooooo cute!!

Yet again I'm full of energy. Got in a nice 9 mile run. Thinking I may go out for another run tonight however that depends on who's picking DS up from Scouts etc. Another laundry day (seems there neverending) I'd LOVE to take Kallie to the parkway for a nice walk however she looks like she's on the verge of another allergy breakout Sad We just changed her meds to half a dose and I'm hoping we don't have to change them back up.

Poor Frankie is still having issue's with his neck/side. I told him no more computer today and if he's still having issue's tomorrow we'll look at slinging his arm. Only thing we can think of is that it's a repetitive injury from playing on the computer. Poor guy was NOT happy when I told him no computer today.

Bugs

it was base building fun because I love it!

That's the talk I like! And I'm sure you did gain lots from running all those marathons, but most is important is you were doing it because you wanted to.

Going for a short jog now. Think my legs are not going to like it, oh so sore.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Rocken really? i'm on the computer constantly and never have issues... but i'm not really playing games either.
                          Rocken really? i'm on the computer constantly and never have issues... but i'm not really playing games either.

You're also not so hyper that you are constantly dancing at the computer lol. Anyways that's the only thing we can think of. If it's not a repetative injury then it's something else and I don't want to go there... BTW  ds doesn't play "typical" kid games on the computer. He does a lot of scripting for his Roblox games/site (yes he's not the typical 8 year old)  or playing on Tribal wars (role playing game).

Oh Mighty Wing

You're also not so hyper that you are constantly dancing at the computer lol. Anyways that's the only thing we can think of. If it's not a repetative injury then it's something else and I don't want to go there... BTW  ds doesn't play "typical" kid games on the computer. He does a lot of scripting for his Roblox games/site (yes he's not the typical 8 year old)  or playing on Tribal wars (role playing game).

oh right i forgot about the dancing... and his "games" would make it much more like what I do - typing constantly instead of clicking constantly. haha yeah I guess i could see it... just an odd injury...

evanflein

Kimmie, that is cute. Reminds me of when my DS1 was little (maybe 6?), he told us he wanted to live with us forever and forever and never move out. DH did one of these and sure enough, we now have a sullen 17 year old who would like nothing better than to live on his own, on his own terms, but have someone to pay for his car, gas, food, etc. Until he can figure out that second part, he's stuck with us for the time being. As for the achilles, who knows sometimes what causes the little twinges and twangs. Could be how you stepped off a curb or something. I'm convinced our bodies conspire to keep us guessing most of the time.

Pam, someone lurking who reads about how you talk about Kallie and Frankie might have a hard time teling which one is the dog and which is the kid. But then again, I guess the dog wouldn't be playing computer games!

Bugs... not overdue for an injury, you've just learned from past injuries and avoiding the next one, got it? Hope the run goes well, I like that sort of multi-tasking.

So... I want to RAL, but I also need to run across town to the dentist to get my check from them. I had to pay up front for my eval at the endodontist, but the insurance sent the check to him even though I'd paid up front! Grrr, I hate that. So of course, even though I couldn't get out the door without paying them, they can take daaayyyys to process my refund! Then say it'll take another week if they mail it, or I can "come by and get it." Yeah, and they're on the other side of town. Grrrr. Hate to lose a run for that! But, I can always just leave a bit early and get my run in before I pick up DS1 from XC practice.

Had a moose in the garden last night. Just saw enough to realize there was a lot of stuff munched and torn up. I wanted to get home early enough to salvage what I can. Of course, now that I'm off at work they've probably returned and are finishing off the carrots. Dratted beasts.

LOL Erika!! Kallie IS one of my kids, she just has fur so is Loki (our cat). As far as Katie is concerned (MY DD FOR THE LURKERS LOL) Kallie and Loki are her little brother and sister!

I HATE when that happens Erika! BTDT and it irks me at how long they can take to issue a refund but expect payment same day as procedure. Sorry to hear the moose are at your garden! BTW what does RAL stand for?