Marathon Trainers

week of 9/14 (Read 290 times)

Sending BIG MOJO your way VIx!! Remember better to feel in a funk NOW and not on race day!  Wrong shoes or dead shoes always mess with my knees! The twins start school at 9 every day and get out at 3:30 every day BUT Wed. Every Wed they have a half a day.

Got in a GREAT 14 miler! Thought about doing my long run however I really want and need my longer runs to be on asphalt like the marathon. So i'll be doing my long run this weekend over at Ironton. 

MTA: Kick ass weight session this evening. LOVE the progress i'm making. Muscle memory is AMAZING!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mojo for vix!

Good morning!

3.1 miles, 29:22, 9:23/mi, AHR 127 (65% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

VIx - ~~~~~VIBES~~~~~~

Lou - nice running!

Kimmie - glad you got your 6 in! I hope the sub stuff goes smoothly and quickly!

got 12 in last night and today I rest. I'm feeling good. My legs are slowly getting the point... haha

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!! Looks like some playing in the rain may happen today!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Camper

Good morning everyone! Six miles in nice, cooler air.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Pam,

I am envious of your ability to weight train. I seem to lack the ability to build muscle in my arms. I feel like I am always starting over even with a week off, and certainly would after five.

Tired and sore this week. Did not run yesterday, thought I would get up early but slept instead. Going to run at lunch, but looks like I'm taking a cut-back week. 

Bugs

Bugs I'll share some of mine (if only it was that easy)! Enjoy your run at lunch! BTW cutback weeks can lead to good things in the future!

I was hoping to run in the rain however the rain is gone. I'm still going to go out  after I finish my coffee but I'll keep it short and sweet. Hopefully I'll be able to get a run in the rain this afternoon!

Bugs

All for now. Everyone start praying I get my mojo back by race day Saturday. A PR is unlikely but I'd like to not embarrass myself. Thanks!

Hang in there. Your body is probably forcing you to rest for your race. I hope mine is doing the same.

My house is a disaster, and the fancy kitchen designer that I probably can't afford is coming out tomorrow and somehow I need to get the house cleaned. I hear she's a runner. I like her already. Smile

Bugs

evanflein

That's ok Bugs. You think your house is bad now... wait till the kitchen gets torn out. All that stuff in there has to go somewhere! We had stuff in boxes and stacks all over the house and garage for weeks. What a mess. Worth it in the end, but hard to keep that in mind at the time. And cleaning your house for the kitchen designer is funny... almost like cleaning up before the maid gets there? Just be sure to do the dishes... screw the rest.

Pam, you can have that rain running stuff. Your rain must be warmer than ours. Ours always means chilled to the bone and mud everywhere.

Taking today off, but I might pool run tonight. No more than 30 minutes. My shins and feet feel so good after I do that, it's hard to not do it sometimes. Having lunch with DH today, think we'll do Thai. I hardly ever see him during the day and/or when kids aren't around so this should be good.

We bought our ferry tickets for Victoria last night. It's going to be a wonderful trip, fly into Seattle, drive up to Vancouver, ferry over to Victoria, meet up with friends and run the race on Sunday, then Monday drive to Sidney, BC and ferry to Anacortes, WA which is a longer, scenic route through a lot of the islands there. Supposed to be just beautiful, and a nice way to make the trip more than just about the marathon (which DH is getting a little sick of). I hope the weather is nice... it's not so great to be on the ferry in a drenching rain.

So... after Equinox, I have Royal Victoria Marathon on Oct. 11... then nothing. Like hitting a brick wall. I've had various races scheduled so much this summer, and the thought of not having anything out there for months is at times a little scary and also sort of a relief. I know Bugs will understand what I mean when I say my family will be 100% relieved and happy about that. It'll make me a little antsy though. Next race on the schedule is Boston in April, six months away!!

OMG I"M SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS Erika!!! Victoria is such a GREAT place!!! My first trip there was in 6th grade. We took the big ferry up there and spent the day there.  Hope you have a great lunch with DH!!  As for running in the rain. The window for that won't be open much longer. Once the weather turns we'll get freezing rain. The kids miss more school due to Freezing rain then they do snow go figure.

Anyway after taking Ken's advice and going out and buying myself a coffee I went out for my run. AWESOME run it was. After last nights weight workout (did legs too) I expected todays run to be much harder than it was. The plan was 2 warm up miles, 3 moderate miles, 2 cool down miles. So I was thinking something like this 

1-10-10:30

2-9:15-9:30

3- 8:-8:10

4-8:00

5-7:45

6-8:45-9:00

7-8:45-9:00

Course leave it to me to have to use the restroom (DUH after drinking 12oz of coffee right before run). Thankfully I made it to the strip mall. Kind of screws with my rhythm when I have to stop but such is life. So 7  miles at average of 8:22 pace. I'll take that for today!

Bugs

Erika,

That is very cool. Oh I hope when my kids are little older I can fly off to marathons like that.  And I can fully relate to having a family that gets burned out from all the training and races. I'm kind of thinking a marathon this winter on top of kitchen remodel is too much?

6 very slow miles. Think my exhaustion that I've been fighting is not enough water. Feels great tonight.

Bugs

Bugs

I miss Dave.

Very Nice run Pam!

Bugs

evanflein

I miss Dave, too. And Murphy. [Need more baby pictures!!] And even Paul and Perry have been scarce lately...

What happened to JellyFish's avatar?

Dave

Awww....  Thanks, Bugs and Erika .

Got back this morning after more than 14 hours on the plane.  Glad to be back.  Didn't run although there were plenty of soldiers running on the bases I visited even in places where you wouldn't think you'd do much running.  

103F when we went to the airport in Kuwait.  65F when I got back to Michigan.  Great to be home.  Will log some miles tomorrow.  Slow, pathetic miles.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Glad you're back, Dave.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com