Marathon Trainers

week of 9/14 (Read 290 times)

Kimmie

Wow, Dave, that is some serious heat.  For the record, I missed you too.  Smile

Good to hear from you Pace... glad you got 6 in.  How are you feeling?   I know I am enjoying the cooler weather.

RE: weight training and arms... I have pretty strong back and biceps and shoulders... pretty weak chest-  pushups are always hard for me, no matter what.  It is pretty cool when you find that you have muscle memory.   Now, if I can just get better with my eating... I seriously need to drop some weight.  Apparently, not being a personal trainer anymore has given me WAY too much freedom and I'm going a little crazy with the eating.

And Bugs, I know it has to be hard to have your house in disarray, but at least you'll get a nice new kitchen out of it.

Pam- I'm curious if you always run with a RP.  You are so disciplined. That's great.

So, Erika, Equinox is this weekend?   Sorry, I should know this....  but have a blast!  I know you will do great.

Ran intervals at the track tonight.   Went pretty well, but feeling my extra poundage I've put on.  Our weather tonight was just this gloomy mist and there's nothing like running to take away the funk that a gloomy day can cause.

Tomorrow I will run 12 miles in the morning with a friend.  Very rarely do I run first thing the morning after intervals, but we're going camping this weekend, so I know I need to get something significant in.

evanflein

Yep, Kimmie, Equinox is a Saturday race. I hope to be done by 1:30 pm (5 hrs 30 min), which is 5:30 pm Eastern time.... I'll post later that afternoon how I did.

30 minutes of pool running tonight, then home to tackle laundry. Amazing what a 15 year old boy can find in his room.

You are going to rock the Equinox, Erika!

4.1 miles, 36:34, 8:58/mi, AHR 138 (71% MHR), with 6x20s striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Up at 4:30 a.m. to run with a friend. Found husband sleeping on the floor covered in soot. Thinking about

skipping 5K tomorrow. Just wrong to put all the work on him. poor guy.

Erika, GOOD LUCK! And have fun!

Bugs

Kimmie

Wow Bugs, you're a good friend to get up at 4:30.  Are you able to find out how DH feels about your 5K?  I know what you mean about feeling guilty.

I am going camping this weekend and I'm going to need to get in a long run.  I don't really want to run alone in the Shenandoah Forest.   Remind me to tell you about the last time I ran there and got lost.

I'm hoping to convince DH to bring his bike.  Maybe that will work.   his parents are coming so they can watch the kiddos.    Today was just 5 miles.  I need some of that mojo that's floating around... just wasn't feeling it.  Kind of achy, blah, blah, blah.

Go Erika!!!   Again, I wish that I could see you run.  We'll have to stay internet friends long enough for me to save up the airfare to make it out there.

Bugs

Kim,

I thought if I'm up all tonight painting I would not race well. Nice to run in the morning, really not possible to run where I live in the dark (I hate it) so I go in and shower at the Y afterwards. Works well if DH puts the kids on the bus.

Bugs

Thanks for checking in Dave and glad you made it home safe and sound!

YOU are going to rock this weekend Erika!! Can't wait to hear how it goes! GOOD LUCK!

Kimmie I during the school year I run with my RP once or twice a week if we can work our schedules (she's in school). I've ran with her once since the end of the school year earlier this year. Nice interval workout btw Kimmie! Hope you had an enjoyable 12 miler today!

Hey bugs LOVE your house!! Saw the pics on FB. Poor bugsy's dh! I'd feel the same way. WOW at getting up at 4:30! What a good friend!

Today has been a good day for me so far. Got in a really nice 8 miler. Afterwards I went to the local running store mainly to get dh new socks however I also got me a new pair of Mizuno Alchemy's since the one's I've been wearing are way old. Anyway got home and wasn't home long before I was out testing the new shoes. BAD move on my part.  I should have had a full lunch before heading out however I was impatient. Ended up having a sugar spike close to mile 2. Had to stop for a few so that I could stop sweating profusely and let the confusion clear up a bit. Thankfully I had only planned on doing 3 miles. I know better than to do things like this

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Still jetlagged here today.

One pic from trip here.  You might recognize this place.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

WOW at getting up at 4:30! What a good friend!

Just skimming during a meeting that I've been in since 9am 

I noticed this -- I would LOVE to be able to sleep 'til 4:30 during the week Smile

evanflein

Yeah, well, Lou, you're just an odd one that way... MOST people sleep a little bit later than that.

Found the end of the course! There were a couple of trails it could've taken, and I found the markers today at the end of my lunch break. I'd gone to the gym and ran 2.5 miles (started at 9:05 pace, ended with .2 mile at 7:30 pace), then walked and stretched a bit, hit the bagel shop next door to stock up for tomorrow (and beyond). Munched a cranberry/orange bagel while driving around the north end of campus looking for the trail and I found it. Cool! It's one I've run on several times, has a couple swampy spots that may not be much fun after 30 miles but oh well. It'll be a nice last half mile to the finish with level or downhill trail the whole last bit. Cool.

Now if the weather would just cooperate, I'm good to go!

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. I hope I can live up to them!

(Dave, I love your avatar... when he retired, my dad said he was going to spend his days arm wrestling the cat for the sunny spots on the couch. Your avatar always reminds me of that!)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great photo Dave

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

(Dave, I love your avatar... when he retired, my dad said he was going to spend his days arm wrestling the cat for the sunny spots on the couch. Your avatar always reminds me of that!)

That's one of our two cats, Vinnie.  Named after the guy who did the tile in our kitchen in New Jersey.  Somehow they were all named Vinnie.

He's as soft as a bunny and very photogenic.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Have a great race Erika! PR for sure.

Okay, where was Dave? I have no clue.

I am racing tomorrow, we'll see how it goes, more like a training run to loosen up for my 10 mile run in one week. Did not paint tonight because kitchen designer said we need more lights. This means more work for DH. Sad Designer is a fast runner, she's got to be good right?

Kim,

Did you read my post about the fitness trainer holding the bootcamps outside where she charges just $5 if you show up? I really think that you should do that. If you ever do something like that get kicking pads they are a great workout. And I feel your pain about weight gain. I gave myself an internal lecture tonight about wanting results but not putting forth any effort.

Bugs

Dave

Good luck on your race, Bugs.  Fast runners are always the best designers.  I think.

That was the Al Faw palace outside of Baghdad.  Used to be Saddam's main palace.  Now a HQ inside of Camp Victory.  There's a couple of other photos on FB.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good luck, Bugs and Erika!

Dave - I did see those photos on facebook -- pretty cool, although I probably wouldn't want to have a business trip like that.

Early run this morning as we have some errands to run.   MPish, but faster than I actually plan to run either of my October races.

8.2 miles, 1:05:31, 8:01/mi, AHR 155 (79% MHR)