Marathon Trainers

week of 9/14 (Read 290 times)

Bugs

Dave,

So on a trip like that what do you bring back as a present for the kids?

No race for me. DH was suppose to work 10pm.-1:00 and apparently something went wrong because he's still there.

Think I'd like to run with this kitchen designer but afraid she's too fast for me. She's tall and thin, and built for running, erk. Think I need a short fat gay interior designer.

Bugs

Dave

Think I need a short fat gay interior designer.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the fundamental truths we learn on the internet.  

I think we all need a short fat gay interior designer 

And yes, I did bring back presents.  My youngest got a t-shirt from the airport in Amsterdam and my oldest got a military coin with her favorite college logo on one side and "Operation Iraqi Freedom" on the other.

My wife made out the best with a running shirt with "Balad Iraq - OIF" on it and a turquoise and silver cross that I bought from a vendor on the base in Baghdad.

It is so beautiful today.  Waiting for it to cool off before I get out for a short run.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cool photo's Dave!  My kids LOVE getting coins from other places in the world etc.

I'd love a kitchen designer short/fat or skinny/tall or whatever lol. Sorry to hear your dh got stuck working Bugs.

I got in 2 runs today. Had only planned on my first one however dh was busy working on my car. Katie was at her friends house and Frankie was playing on his laptop. I was bored and feeling good. Hope I don't regret it tomorrow cause I've got my long run in and  have plans for it. Course it's a certain time of the month so that may change things anyways. Gonna hit the sheets early tonight. I will be getting up at the crack of dawn to get out for my run. Ought to be intersting to see how I run in my "sleep"

MTA: LOVING new shoes!

Erika should be done and enjoying some post race grub! Can't wait to hear from her!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ok I see you Erika!!!! You must be writing in the Masters Forum, guess I'll go look Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS!!!!!  Awesome time Erika!!

Ok I see you Erika!!!! You must be writing in the Masters Forum, guess I'll go look Smile

Pam - how do you "see" her?

Congratulations, Erika!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Pam - how do you "see" her?

Congratulations, Erika!

I went to browse user logs and saw her screen name Smile

evanflein

Geez Pam, I had no idea you were so sneaky! I posted a short note in the Master's forum before I iced my legs/foot. The race went much better than I thought! I hit the 8 mile mark (I divide the main course into sections, and start-to-mile-8 is a good one for me to compare) in 1:11:something. That's close to, if not for real, a PR time for that section. I had several walk breaks planned throughout the race, and didn't take a single one in the first 9 miles, except when I had to walk behind a guy to keep from stepping on his heels on the single track sections. When I hit the turnoff for the Ultra course, I was thinking, damn this could've been a PR year for me to do the regular marathon! But, I stuck to the plan and glad I did. 50k in 5:09:35 (Garmin time) and only one fall with nothing damaged (clothes or body). It didn't rain at all, which was amazing seeing as how it rained almost steady from 5 pm yesterday till early this morning. But it was kind of cold (40 at the start, 45 or so at the finish), and windy so the higher elevations and exposed areas were pretty chilly. My hands got really cold a couple times.

So... that's done. My foot is sore, but what's new about that, right?

Bugs, you crack me up. I'd like to have any interior designer, but I bet a short fat gay version comes with certain advantages!

I was loosing patience Erika lol. AWESOME job!!! YOU SO ROCKED it!  Oh and I was on my own for most of the day *sigh*

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the nice 50K, and that's really nice that the rain stayed away just for you Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

well this is rare. Will be leaving in a few for my long run.  Enjoy your day everyone!

Dave

3 easy miles with DW this morning.  She ran the entire way without any walk breaks for the first time.  Yay!

Great 50K, Erika.

Pam, message me a mailing address and I'll mail out some Kuwaiti money for the kids.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Got back late last night from a week long vacation near beautiful Charleston, SC.  Now I'm logging my runs that i couldn't log down there (no internet access, which was nice actually), so my weekly goose egg is going to go bye-bye!

It was nice getting away and even nicer to still get my runs in even though it was a lot warmer and my routine was way off.  Nice to be home now, though.

I have no idea what happened while i was gone and didn't take the time to read through all the pages of posts.  Hope everyone's doing well!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

WB TY.

Good news on your DW's run, Dave.

Pam has taught me a new trick.

16.2 miles, 2:22:04, 8:45/mi, AHR 147 (75% MHR)

5@9:08(137), 6@8:49(145), 5.24@8:18(157)

Now all I have to do is coast for a couple of weeks.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

YAYYYYYYYYY for Dave's wife!!!  Will do and THANKS!

Welcome back They! Way to go away and keep up with your running! Bet you're glad to be home to cooler weather as well as family!

Glad I'm good for something Lou lol

As for me I got in a nice 21 miler. Had a couple problems (one with bowels the other with my Key Fob) however dealt with them both. Not the best timing to try to figure out marathon pace (AF and sorry about the TMI) however it was very enjoyable (after I dealt with the first issue)  Having coffee RIGHT before a run does not work well for me as I've found out.

Anyways got home showered and around 11 had company show up. HStreet (Karen) and her husband came over on their way down to see DS at Penn state. Enjoyed some Panera Bagels and some good conversation. I knew she was fast back in the days however I didn't know that she had a 3:08 and that her husband was a sub 3 marathoner up until he hit 50 or so.

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend Smile