Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Dave

Given the running last week, a short summary is probably in order. Last week was nearly epic in the life of Team Blister with some great running all around, punctuated by P2R's 100 mile week, JF's age group win on what looked to be a beautiful and hilly trail marathon, and Kimmie's very nice PR on the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. Inertia and Murphy have continued their ever improving training enroute to huge PR's in their upcoming races (I have no doubt about this for either of them). Mr. and Mrs. Consistency's (WRFB and Rocken's) trainining continues apace. jhallum knocked out another great 70+ week, PR'd another race at some irrelevant distance, and is going to absolutely smoke his BQ at Bayshore. Cash is running and when you add up all the cross training, he's probably in the best all around shape of any of us. Despite the lack of anything resembling Spring, Erika threw out a great 20 miler and another consistent week. Brian (HuskerB) is running again and hopefully doing some baby snuggling. I got over my recent bonkfest and got back to training to finish with just under 40 for the week. Special shoutout to our favorite lurkers, DVC2002, old-runner, VixiDu, Joe Nation, Dutchie42, and turboterie. We hardly knew ya. Name Distance Time pace2race 104.1 Mi jhallum 75.2 Mi rockenmamof5 68.3 Mi dcv2002 57.8 Mi JellyFish 52.3 Mi WillRunForBeer 49.9 Mi evanflein 46.9 Mi old-runner 43.2 Mi dgb2n 39.3 Mi Bugs 38.5 Mi Mr Inertia 37 Mi Murphy996 30 Mi VixiDu 28.6 Mi Kimmie 26 Mi theyapper66 25 Mi Joe Nation 24.6 Mi Cashmason 18.2 Mi HuskerB 18.2 Mi Dutchie42 15.2 Mi turboterie1 9.4 Mi Have a great running week everyone!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Now THAT is what my life has been missing!!! Thanks for the recap.
      Kimmie

Wow- There's just too much to respond to here.... Bugs loves me, but maybe not as much as Shan.... i want to hear more about Shan's race... Erika is a machine again... awesome. Hey Rocken-- let me know how it works with getting your runs in... It's Spring Break here and I plan to get a babysitter a few times in order to run. The mileage recap was great. Dave. You know I am really happy with my race. 1:22 is not bad for me at all. But I had my sights set on that 1:19 so much that it makes me want to go out and try again really soon. But, I better just get some miles in for this relay. 5 planned today. Have a good one everybody!

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - what would you like to hear more about? I feel bad that I never give you enough details - i'm just not sure what to tell you about.
            GREAT recap Dave! Some good running been going on. Here's to a new week! I've got a thing for a free week at the local gym that I may use (really not wanting to run on treadmill but sometimes you do what you gotta do) but that all depends on how Katie is feeling this week. I had to give her some pepto this morning for her upset stomach and she's been complaining about feet pain ughhhh. I was actually suprised that she wanted to go to school. Guess since she isn't running a fever no reason to keep her home. BTW anyone else with kids have kids really complain about feet/leg pain? Katie's been going to bed with an ice pack for the past two weeks. She complains at random times however it gets really bad come 6-7 oclock at night. This is a first for me. I hear you Kimmie about wanting to race that distance again. If it wasn't so crowded and if I wasn't already running a race that day I'd go run Broadstreet and look to break my PR.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Kimmie - what would you like to hear more about? I feel bad that I never give you enough details - i'm just not sure what to tell you about.
              Well, I like the detailed race reports.... like, how did you feel during the race? Did you speed up or slow down much? Were you alone since it was a small race? stuff like that... but I think that you go into the races with a real laid back attitude and no specific time goal, so your race reports are also going to be straight forward. So, really don't feel bad about not giving more detail... it's just me being curious. Dave- this is a great race if you're interested http://www.runfortheshelter.org/ April 19th in Leesburg, Va. This is my half PR and now I'm toying with the idea of running it. They have a kids fun run before hand that my kids are going to do. Pam, wish I could help with ideas about Katie's legs. growing pains? have you seen the doc?

Dave

Well, I like the detailed race reports.... like, how did you feel during the race? Did you speed up or slow down much? Were you alone since it was a small race? stuff like that... but I think that you go into the races with a real laid back attitude and no specific time goal, so your race reports are also going to be straight forward. So, really don't feel bad about not giving more detail... it's just me being curious.
                Kimmie is letting you off the hook too easy. Even if you don't have time goals, there's plenty to tell about. How long did you hold pace? What did you do for nutrition? How did you feel on the hills? How did you feel at all? Mostly we get Shanbot reports. "I ran. It was great. My shoes got wet. I wore a skirt.". Pretend its a creative writing class. Dr. Dgb2n's prescription, read 3 srlopez reports and call me in the morning. Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie is letting you off the hook too easy. Even if you don't have time goals, there's plenty to tell about. How long did you hold pace? What did you do for nutrition? How did you feel on the hills? How did you feel at all? Mostly we get Shanbot reports. "I ran. It was great. My shoes got wet. I wore a skirt.". Pretend its a creative writing class. Dr. Dgb2n's prescription, read 3 srlopez reports and call me in the morning. Wink
                  I agree with Dave. I think some of my longest race reports were where my only goal other than finishing was enjoying the race. In fact I think that's probablly all I talked about for a good week afterwards lol. The it was soooooooooo awesome I want everyone to know how awesome it was.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks Kimmie. I used to think it was growing pains but now that it's happening at all times of the day (everything I've read suggests growing pains happen at night) I'm thinking otherwise. I haven't taken her to the doctor yet but I see that happening soon!

Oh Mighty Wing

ok I posted something in the race reports - I hope it is what you are looking for. And no Dave no skirts...
                        I can't believe I posted in the wrong week again. Dave - thanks for the summary -- I love these! Shan - I'm looking forward to reading your report -- no time now as I have too much freaking work to do Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

6 miles on the treadmill, 8:42 pace. Just what I needed. Legs felt great afterwards. Hoping to hit some good mileage this week. Kim, that HM looks pretty enticing. What does the elevation look like?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

10 today, 9 on the indoor track. 72 laps sounds like a good idea until you put it in practice. Then you say, "How many laps left?" It was supposed to be easy laps, especially the day after a race, but the miles were rolling off in the 7:50 range, so I'll take it. I guess I had a lot in the tank after yesterday....
                            Kimmie

I've been swimming with my kids at an indoor water park for the past 3 hours- taking a break. Wonder if you can count this as cross training. I'm such a slacker. Dave, the elevation is a very slight uphill on the way out and then turnaround and get a slight downhill. It's on the W &OD trail. Very fun.
                              Cashmason

Lol, my log here is so screwed up. I only log my outdoor runs since this site picks up the Garmin, plus the occaisonal indoor treadmill run. For the year I am well over 300 miles, I think the log shows about half that here. Taught spin this morning, then swam a bit. Teach spin again tonight, may try to get in a run, but not sure. Y'all are in way better running shape than I am. I am probably a bit better in the water if horizontal. Erika would kick my assets in water running though.