Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Bugs

dgb2n 39.3 Mi Bugs 38.5 Mi
    Running till midnight just to beat me in again? Wink

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs loves me, but maybe not as much as Shan....
      TBD! Big grin

Bugs

Went for my long run yesterday, and my back never loosened up. Got in a mile and 1/2 before turning around. Jogged 1/2 mile and walked it in. could tell I was hunched over a bit. In quite a bit of pain today.it spasmed a couple of times. Going to take my muscle relaxers and give a couple days rest. This happened about a year ago--doc said it was muscular. Hopefully a few days of rest will see improvement enough to run again.

Bugs

Went for my long run yesterday, and my back never loosened up. Got in a mile and 1/2 before turning around. Jogged 1/2 mile and walked it in. could tell I was hunched over a bit. In quite a bit of pain today.it spasmed a couple of times. Going to take my muscle relaxers and give a couple days rest.
          I have BIG problems with my shoulders. I tend to lean towards my computer at work, when I drive, and when I run. It causes big knots around my shoulders and neck. It's one of the big things Nobby wants me to work. I have to pretend that somebody is pushing between my shoulder blades when I run, and it helps. I've done professional massages to get back back to normal, but this weekend I had DH rub it. With even lotion he actually did a pretty good job. I just have to remind him that if he gets tired and quits after five minutes it's going to cost him $45. Don't know I'd dare ask my pregnant wife for a massage though. If you have some tennis balls, you could throw about three of them in an old sock, tie the end, lay it on floor, and roll your back over it. Works pretty good. Get better soon, we need you running.

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs has a pregnant wife? Thanks for the summary, Dave! That was great. I for one am glad that week is over. When I hit 21.2 on my Garmin (wanted to stop 5 miles short of marathon distance) and started walking, I did a fist pump and yelled "Yeah! Done!" I think I'm going to enjoy taper. Gonna start taper week by kicking some assets in pool running tonight while the boys are at soccer. Get better, all you sickies. Pam, no help on the sore feet/legs thing. You sure she's not marathon training behind your back? Wink
              I've never ran on an indoor track. The thought of 72 laps or whatever makes me dizzy lol Way to get your run in Jeremy! I'd love to spend a day with the kids at an indoor pool Kimmie! Wish there was one close by. Sorry to hear about your back murphy!! I've felt your pain way too much. What part of the back is it and do you do any stretching or heating??? Enjoy taper time I can't wait until I'm enjoying mine!! lol @ Katie marathon training. I'd love it if she got into running though I'm stil working on getting her to walk a few miles at at time. Got a little over 14 miles done in the rain. Felt GREAT! Wasn't sure how it was going to go cause like clock work I started having a tummy ache not long after eating "lunch" Thankfully it didn't bother me at all during my run.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Great summary, Dave. Nice to be included in such an active group. Hope I can carry my weight around these parts. Wink Nice easy 3.3 this morning. Today is my 18th wedding anniversary and my 1 year running anniversary. Good stuff. I noticed on my log that I've run as much in 6 days this year as I did all of April in 08. Wow! Can't wait to see where I am after another year.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Wedding AND running anniversary Paul!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy anniversaries, yapper! Murphy sorry about your back. Hope it gets better soon. Bugs - I have the same knot in my neck/shoulders - so it's a computer related injury? I actually had injections several years ago it was so bad. Not so bad now but still somewhat bothersome. Hmm, run as if someone was pushing between the shoulders -- I'll have to try that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

My wife and I will celebrate our 18th this year too. Frightening similarities since I think Paul and I were both born in the same year as well (1966?). Congrats!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

My wife and I will celebrate our 18th this year too. Frightening similarities since I think Paul and I were both born in the same year as well (1966?). Congrats!
                        But you're in much better shape than I am!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Bugs - I have the same knot in my neck/shoulders - so it's a computer related injury? I actually had injections several years ago it was so bad. Not so bad now but still somewhat bothersome. Hmm, run as if someone was pushing between the shoulders -- I'll have to try that.
                          I think it's both computer and running related. The bad posture at the computer makes me posture poor for running. I think it's also the reason I have TMJ, which comes from the neck. I'll post what Nobby sent me later tonight.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah anniversaries!!!!
                              Its my lower back. Pretty much cant stretch..At the moment, I cant lean or twist to my right. Occassionally I'll be in a position where I feel ok, and move too quickly, and get the real bad pain shooting everywhere. Gotta love it. I will go to the heating pad tonight.

Happy Camper

Congratulations Paul! Lou: Woot had Mr. Beer Premium Home brew Kits up for $19.99 this morning. Very tempting. I decided to save the $$$ for races. I need that hobby like a home coffee bean roaster. Murph: Hope the back gets better. Got some good stretches from this site. http://www.painclinic.org/treatment-exercises-lowmidbackabdominal.htm#QuadratusLumborum Hope you work through it okay. I spend many hours in the car per week and it sucks to have back pain. I feel for you. Bugs & Pam: Hope your better. Pam I couldn't imagine running with a fever. Hope DD is better. I don't have much to offer about her pain. I'm sure you know that kids are very individual in how they handle pain and how much it takes for them to complain about it. Couldn't take DD to the Doc fast enough. She was our oldest. Most of the time it was minor. If DS1 ever complained we knew it was bad. Ask family. When DS2 got migraines I didn't believe him much at first because I and DW have never had them. Found out MIL suffered a lot from them. She opened up and described them in detail. Took DS2 to the Doctor right away. Many older family members have history (or know of it) but were taught not to complain. I was suprised at what I learned when I started asking. 8 & change for me this morning after pushups. HR was a very low 134. Tomorrow I will start back at doubles. Hope the crap weather leaves after the hard freeze tonight.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.