Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/6 (Read 341 times)

Kimmie

I just talked to her and she said it would probably be more like 10 am. We put in an average of 9 min. per mile but we have some in our group that are a lot faster than that. This relay has got me scared and excited at the same time. At least my legs don't look too tough and I shouldn't be getting lost.

Happy Camper

I just talked to her and she said it would probably be more like 10 am. We put in an average of 9 min. per mile but we have some in our group that are a lot faster than that. This relay has got me scared and excited at the same time. At least my legs don't look too tough and I shouldn't be getting lost.
      Awesome! Hopefully start times will give us a chance to meet. We can talk about our relay runs. Don't think I want to go comparing legs with you though. Tongue

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

the relay thing sounds like a lot of fun! you guys are gonna have such a good time!!

Bugs

How cool Kimmie and P2R are running the same relay different teams. This would be so fun to do as Team Blister. We really need to organize something as a group. Shan, so where are you again? I forget your game plan for travel and races? I"m home with the kiddos today - spring break for us this week. I'm cleaning my house, man no wonder I'm sick all the time. I think I will help the economy out and replace some of my dust filled carpets with hardwood floors. Off to get on the TM. Suppose to just run easy, let my body win this cold. Pam you are amazing to run with a fever. One time when I was really sick with bronchitis this doctor told me he didn't care if I ran with cold or coughing but if I had fever NO RUNNING. He said your heart can catch a virus and this was shortly after Ryan Shay's death so I did take it seriously. I never ran with a fever, but a few weeks later when I was in E.R. with two cardiologists over me I sure did feel dumb for taking the risk. Last night when Nobby called me he said, "Real life has enough stress, don't make running another one."

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you be good to your body so it can be good to you! I am in Genoa, NV at a Hot Springs Resort. I have driven over to Silver Lake in Eldorado Forest and driven around Lake Tahoe. Sometime between now and Friday I plan on going down to Yosemite and going to Camp Richardson in Tahoe. Friday I head back to San Fran. A very nice and easy 11 this morning... aaaahhhh that felt good!

Dave

Nice running, Shan. Those are some great places to hang out and run for spring break. My left knee was tweaking a bit so I took the day off today. Will get back at it tomorrow.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

so Dave - if it's an easy run then why do you need a warm-up and cool-down?

Dave

so Dave - if it's an easy run then why do you need a warm-up and cool-down?
                  Ooh, you're evil today Wink Because on that run, I ran with DD11 at about a 12 minute pace so it was easier than easy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Ooh, you're evil today Wink Because on that run, I ran with DD11 at about a 12 minute pace so it was easier than easy. And my easy run was actually a little harder than easy effort so really it's more like medium.
                    Evil grin
                      I"m home with the kiddos today - spring break for us this week. I'm cleaning my house, man no wonder I'm sick all the time. I think I will help the economy out and replace some of my dust filled carpets with hardwood floors. Off to get on the TM. Suppose to just run easy, let my body win this cold. Pam you are amazing to run with a fever. One time when I was really sick with bronchitis this doctor told me he didn't care if I ran with cold or coughing but if I had fever NO RUNNING. He said your heart can catch a virus and this was shortly after Ryan Shay's death so I did take it seriously. I never ran with a fever, but a few weeks later when I was in E.R. with two cardiologists over me I sure did feel dumb for taking the risk. Last night when Nobby called me he said, "Real life has enough stress, don't make running another one."
                      Ahhhh spring break ENJOY or try too. According to my neurologist I shouldn't be running much at all (well I haven't seen him since 2004) I've got health issue's that believe it or not my running has helped TREMENDOUSLY!! It used to be if I had a busy week (this was before I ever started running) I'd be down for the count for close to a week if not more and it wouldn't take much for my body to rebel and start running a fever (my body has issue's with my immune system and visa versa) anyway when I start to question what I'm doing my reminds me of how things used to be and how much in tune I am with my body. Yes I do push the bounderies every so often however even when I'm pushing the bounderies I'm feeling MUCH better than when I didn't run. Oh and if I have anything other than a low grade fever I don't run. Anyways I got two runs in today. The first was a little over 4 miles. It was super windy, cold and I was underdressed. Decided it would be better to do two runs. Went to the parkway to get a little over 10 done. Thankfully the parkway has alot of trees to help with the wind Oh and on a side note I'll be hitting 1,000 miles for the year sometime this week Shocked

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Facebook... nah, I've got enough internet distractions going. Can't add another one. 30 minutes of pool running yesterday. Started out pretty nice, but then "open swim" started and a bunch of big tattooed goombas started doing cannonballs off the diving board. Bleh. I know I'm in the water, but I bob along with head and neck above waterline and I don't want to get splashed! (If I'm going swimming, that's different!) So I was glad when 30 minutes rolled by and I could quit and go get the boys from soccer practice. Our days have really improved, we've been having clear sunny weather lately and now it's finally warming up. Hitting low 40's during the day this week so we're getting some good melting action. Has me thinking spring might really be on the way! Lots of puddles (big ones), slush and mud so finding good running spots is tricky. I'll run after work, but will drive to find a good spot. Our road is a dirt road so is pretty sloppy right now.
                        theyapper

On the road again...

A fun little 3 miles today. I did some low heart rate speedwork on a downhill slope near the house. Nice to get some decent speed without breathing heavy.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Sorry to hear that Pam. How old is she? I hope you are able to get it all figured out soon.
                            Thanks Kimmie! She's 7 soon to be 8.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just checking in..Thanks for the link P2R, I will give it a shot. Still hurting today. I couldnt lean left at all for most of the day. Took a shower and it seemed to loosen me up just a bit. Im determined to do something active by tomorrow--maybe light eliptical or just walking. Anything. Im pretty down that I was really in a groove, and then have this happen. When I get back to running, I think I need to keep the miles down to no more than 30 miles per week to make sure Im healthy for the marathon. Hopefully I can still get a last long run in.
                                Have you thought about going to a chiropractor murphy?? It might be worth looking into. Hope your back is feeling better ASAP!