Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/8/2010 (Read 163 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks for the advice about the preview runs.  The one this week is the prefect distance because it's a cutback week and I only have a 12 on the schedule (I'm in the middle of my second and third 20 milers), but next week I'll definitely have to add some before and/or after to get 20.  It'll be nice to do long runs and not have to worry about fuel since they provide aid stations.

Rest day today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

5, nice and slow

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

5, nice and slow

Ditto here.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Willa - this is just for you!

Turns out some friends of ours (me and my wife) know your guy APOLLO!!  Our friend's husband grew up skating with him, and heard he was in Charlotte last night on a book tour so they went by the bookstore to say hey, got invited back on the tour bus and spent some time with Apollo just laughing about the old days.  Here's the pic. Our friends are the lady in front and her husband is on the left.  I'm sure you know which one is Apollo.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

*drools*

Thank you. I hugs you.

I'm touching your pants.

Kimmie

That's really cool, Paul, and Amanda, too. Good days, bad days... Today- good day, 6.5 miles in an hour or so.
              theyapper

On the road again...

Went out to run with the XC team today - a little 2 mile off season run.  Fun run with my kids and a few more from the team.

Paul

Dave

Sorry I've been away lately.  Combination of work stress and not running (and not wanting to be accountable for it Joking Wink

Awesome pic, Paul.  I'm sure Amanda was suitably impressed.  From the sounds of things, you're really ready for your race.

I've strung a few running days in a row finally.  Hadn't run since the 10 miler.  

6 too fast for me today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome pic, Paul.  I'm sure Amanda was suitably impressed.  From the sounds of things, you're really ready for your race.

Funny you said that about the race, because today's easy 6 miler turned into 5 sucky miles on rubber legs.  Bleh.

Paul

evanflein

Paul, see Kimmie's post above. Your next run will rock.

Someone get Amanda a towel...

Hey Dave, at least you've been running! You have too much work stress. Wish there was an easy solution to that (other than the unattractive obvious).

It's about time for Murphy to pop in with a baby update, if not a running update. We need a new picture of Ava, too. Smile

Had a good run last night, even without my Garmin. I knew there was something I was forgetting as I left the house in the morning. Oh well. I did the MapMyRun thing afterward to measure 6.3 miles, I'd figured it was about 10k so I was close. Felt like around 8:20-8:30 pace for most of it and felt strong and easy. Love it. I was going to go to the gym today, but forgot I had a lunch meeting. Don't really feel like going after work so maybe this is a rest day. I'll be running this weekend, and just days after a marathon I guess a rest day is an ok thing.

theyapper

On the road again...

I did the first Thunder Road preview run this morning and it went pretty well.  Finished up in 1:59Tight lippedx but we did stop the watches at the 3 water stops because it required more than just grab and drink.  I think the total time was 2:04 on the nose, which is fine.  My pace times were very consistent.  Not sure I could run that pace another 13.1 miles, but overall I'm happy.

Paul

evanflein

Nice, Paul! And I stop my watch on training runs when I do stuff I wouldn't do during a race. Like wait at crosswalks, go into a building to get a drink or use the restroom, that sort of stuff. It's all good. You want to be timing your running, not the other stuff you do. On the race course you'll be doing everything there on the course (water stops, porta potties, etc) so the clock is ticking, but the breaks are shorter.

Just got back from my run. I drove up to campus and started from there. Felt like pretty slow going out there. Could've really done without the snow! Slow start, lot of uphill, and just a higher effort run than I like. we got almost an inch of snow last night, and it was snowing icy little flakes throughout most of my run. Stings the eyes! I also wore my winter pants over my tights, and while my legs and butt stayed warmer, it all made my legs feel heavy. Was hoping for 14 miles today, but this will have to do. I was very done with this run. 12.4 miles, 8:35 avg pace. (and several watch stops at crosswalks and walking over pedestrian overpasses with stairs)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You long run ppl; I did 4mi I think, and it was enough for me Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Sorry you are dealing with snow already, Erika.  I know I'm not ready for it.  The leaves aren't completely off the trees yet!

11 miles on trails this morning.  The hills didn't seem as bad as last time.  Looking at the elevation chart, though, it definitely wasn't flat.

Now I'm kegging my Irish Red.  It'll be ready to drink (cold and carbonated) by Wednesday.  Yum.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey Lou-  Thought of you and your lovely wife this weekend as I was at a training in Woodbine, Maryland.     I may have said this before, but I went to learn how to become a Body Pump instructor.   Very fun.... crazy amount of weight lifting this weekend-   maybe not the safest thing-   and those people are not impressed with marathoners...only with how many pushups you can do.  Smile

So, I passed the initial training and need to submit a video, but I will co-teach this week.  I think is going to be a good compliment to my running.  

The entire weekend was booked with training/ weight lifting, so there was no running for me at all.... Hopefully, I can get in some decent miles this week.