Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/8/2010 (Read 163 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Our trees are beautifully colored right now. Had another nice trail run today, and again didn't fall, so am happy (if a bit sore and tired).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

TheYapper,

Very cool.

Lou,

Don't come to MN if you're not ready for snow. We have maybe 10 inches here, but melting, and streets were great today, sidewalks not yet cleared.

I did 15 at 9:07 pace 36F, slowed at the end, oh I forget how hard long runs are, I really have not done one in months. A little too much kick in the legs at the start. Yesterday I raced a 5K. Was sure it would be canceled because of all the snow, driving was hell, my husband got me there in the BIG truck at 8:59, race was at 9:00. As luck has it registration for this race is at college indoor field track and they moved the race inside. Luckily I had my gym bag packed with an assorment of shorts. My time was like 23:50, who knows if I counted out 25 laps correctly. Got a medal for 2st in AG, but nobody was there, but hey that is not my fault. Never ran a race inside before was all good fun. The outside leg was tired, the inside leg not so much.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Indoor 5K on a 200m track and they expect you to count your own laps?

Bugs

Indoor 5K on a 200m track and they expect you to count your own laps?

Yes, It was a last minute alternative to canceling the race. I could have tried using my garmin but being that I got there late I was lucky to have time to change clothes. My first hardware for the year.

Oh am I sore today.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh, that's right, I forgot it was a last minute change. That makes a lot more sense. BTW, in my experience the garmin slowly gains overstated distance on a track.