Marathon Trainers

Week of 3/3 - 3/9 (Read 189 times)

Cashmason

Way to go Shan! What you described as Pig Pen going down a hill is pretty right on. We call it a yard sale. Hat here, pole over there one ski half way down the mountain. 17 miles RUNNING not riding for Erika. Buku VRAA points. The nice thing about skiing is when you freeze your tender bits, there are hawt ski bunnies down at the lodge to help you warm them up. It was funny, I got checked out by at least 4 women today as I was running. Lots of mothers dropping off their kids at school as I was running by. I never remembered women slowing down and turning their heads to check out guys in the old days. They would keep their heads straight and only their eyeballs would move, and they would pretend they werent checking you out. Now the whole head turns to follow you, just like guys do.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash maybe your tender bits were being accentuated? Blush
      evanflein

That's my ol' fren Cash, served up like meat on a plate. Heh. You loved it and you know it... That's also a good bit of running for you. What's up, just getting it done before the trip? You got any races planned? I might have to up my cutback LR on Sunday to 17.3... just because. Wink
        Cashmason

Naw Shan, they weren't being accentuated. I had my running shorts over compression shorts. But I do have some hot legs. One of my female friends says I have better legs than she does. Even though I am a triathlete, I don't shave my legs. Half the women seem to like men with shaved legs half don't. My s/o doesn't. And no matter how much I like Erika, I am not changing for her.... wink.
          Cashmason

You just have to one up me eh Erika? Well since we are on the same VRAA team its ok. Ya thats a bit far for me to run. That is more like my every day bike ride. But then I wear the skin tight spandex bike or triathlon shorts, and those are supposed to be worn commando, so I get lots of looks when I am in those.

Bugs

Team I is off to a great start. Cash 17 miles wow. How much harder is that to run just a few longer runs in a week without the shorter runs? Take it from a Drop-off-the-Kids-Mom ogling hot men is one of our greatest pleasures we have and we're all way too tired to be descret about it. I got the deep chest cough that has been going around at work. I took two days off of running (one was planned rest day), and most of yesterday was in a drug induced coma. Better today, not sure how many miles I'll get in. I have a 10 mile race on the 15th. It is on the same course of a race last fall I had to miss because of sore calf so it's important to me to not DNS. I don't care about time.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Stupid effin 13" of snow Stupid effin YMCA for closing due to weather Angry

Bugs

Inertia, you want to come use my TM? Seriously, maybe you need to purchase a TM.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you keep pushing fluids and rest if your body needs it. Do not be stubborn and push if you do not feel well! You already know you can run the distance, but you can't run if you only get worse! Mr. I - well that does suck!!! You do need a treadmill! Erica - I am working very hard at the not overdoing! I ended up not walking today because of rain (will run in rain will not walk). My thigh is a little sore today (IT band area) - kind of like when you have been sitting still for hours on a plane and when you finally get up your upper legs are a little sore - so probably best although what it feels like is it needs a really good easy walk to stretch it! Definitely felt better after I did my prescribed stretches. Cash - I'm in total agreement over not shaving... men are meant to have hair - maybe not quite bear like but certainly more hair covering then their female counterpart!!

Happy Camper

Stupid effin 13" of snow Stupid effin YMCA for closing due to weather Angry
                      Yeah, you know it's bad out when only the customers can make it to the gym. 15 miles + 1/2 mile walk. It was supposed to be 20. I just wasn't feeling it and kept slowing down. I didn't see much point in wringing out the last 5. They would have been very slow. I never do as well running long solo as I do with the group. Missed the group run this morning for the best of reasons. DS2 received two 4 ratings (Excellent) for Piano at the National Federation Competition for Music Clubs. He will turn 14 next weekend. I think it's awesome that he practises without being bribed or punished. He plays and goes to the lessons for the enjoyment.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - congrats to DS2 that is a great thing!! And don't beat yourself up too bad about your run... good listening to your body!
                        Cashmason

Leaving in the AM to go skiing in Tahoe. Erika can teach me about unfreezing the tender bits when I get back. Until then the nightly hot tub party on the roof of the condo will have to do.

Bugs

P2R, Smart move, we all have days like that. I watched Touching the Void again. Have any of you seen it?

Bugs

Cause I CAN

general vent - what is peoples deal against 6 and 7 hr marathoners? No one personally attacked me but I found a stupid thread on the main board where they were complaining about it....what the hell?
                              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Dave

Hard to say, Peach, at least without reading some of the thread. My only beef is with slow runners or walkers who push to the front on big races creating difficulty passing. Especially silly with everyone running on a chip anyway. Sometimes people are just idiots, though. In some ways I have more respect for the slower runners. At least they're out there trying.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com