Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/20 (Read 228 times)

Good morning!

Dave - are you still transitioning or have you started your new job already?  Are you enjoying it so far?

Little recovery run:

3.1 miles, 29:05, 9:15/mi, AHR 132 (68% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

That was a nice long run last week, Lou.  I bet it did feel great.

Hope you got some rest, Bugs.  Sleep is a great cure!

3.1 miles for me this morning.  My body is responding very nicely to the marathon training, but this week is when I start to jump a bit in mileage.  I should be above 30 and into the 40s for the next 15 weeks.  I'm running most of my miles very easy, so my body should hold up.  We'll see.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

Back from the wilds of the suburbs of Chicago.   I got a chance to run in the Busse Park/Preserve on Friday...that was a very nice place to run, nice huge park surrounded by suburbia, right off of 290/90.  Since it was a travel week last week, last week was an easy week, so I cut back mileage by about 20%.  Now it's time to get back at it, 12 today, with about half of that up-tempo. 

Looks like some great miles last week!  Keep it up all!

GOOD AFTERNOON PEEPS!

Welcome home Jeremy!

Hope everyone's week started out well!  Went out for a short easy run and had blood sugar issue's around 2.5 miles (that's usually when it happens) My own fault. Didn't have alot to eat after last nights long run and my morning breakfast consisted of 2 servings of multi grain cheerio's with Rice milk on top. I should know better! My weight is dropping into the teens, a place it DOESN"T belong!  Anyway gotta work on that cause 80+ miles won't happen if I don't eat correctly!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good morning!

9.1 miles, 1:13:14, 8:04/mi, AHR 165 (85% MHR)

Happy Camper

Beat the rain for 10-miles this morning.

Slow sloggy running though.  It's hard to determine how this training cycle is going to shake out.  HR is improving but I can't pick up the speed.  I'm having issues with sore quads now.  I'm too afraid to try a serious long run because of injury again.  I'm 47 days out from marathon.  It will go fast.  8/1 I have the honor (thanks to online ministries)  of performing a marrige ceremony for some dear friends.  8/3 DW and I head to the Dominican for 4 nights as an early 25th wedding anninversary vacation.  Think if I do try a long run it will have to be just before taper the third week of August.  What to do, what to do.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in 6 miles early this morning before an early meeting.  Great run with each mile faster than the one before.  All easy.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I need to be flogged with stones by you morning runners. I did not sleep well and was sleeping very well when the 4:30 alarm went off. One girl had called my cell and said she was not running in the rain. I had a gut feeling the other girl would not run, but thought we'd go to the Y. When I got to her house it was dark. I drove home instead of running dead tired in the dark in the rain. Well now I know if it's raining it's no longer a group run. Smile

Bugs

Aw, Bugs -- dark and soaked and on your own is the best.

Actually, I do like running with others ok, but wouldn't want to get too used to it Smile

Nobody else was around at 4:30 in my neighborhood -- well, PDR was but I wanted to run a little faster than she did.

Bugs

Aw, Bugs -- dark and soaked and on your own is the best.

Next time I will run. Till then you guys are my heros.

Bugs

Kimmie

hey Bugs,  I am definitely not your hero, because I wouldn't have run either.

I had a good run with the group tonight... watch is broke.. so not sure of the exact pace... roughly 5.5 miles in 45 minutes or so.

Hope to get some good running in the next few days.

Cashmason

7.6 miles at goal pace.
                          Kimmie

Cash-  great to hear from you!!!  

I have 4 planned for later today.  I don't think I like this schedule.  It has me running so short some days.  I plan to switch it up or add more miles to the daily runs.

Ok, so where is everyone?  I think you should check in even if it's just what you're running or not running.....

Roll Call-

Dave?  Murphy?  Pam?  Perry?  Paul?  Jeremy? Erika?  others that I've missed..... Smile

I'm here! 2nd day with no kids so been keeping myself busy. Got in a nice 10 miler this morning and will probably run another 4-6 miles this evening IF dh and Frankie get home early enough. If not I can double tomorrow.

Kimmie I'm like you I don't like real short days. FOR ME 4 milers should be accompanied by another run, at least most of the time. Enjoy your run today!

Bugs fwiw as of late I've had a hard time getting up around 7 let alone any earlier. Kudo's to you!

Anyway running is going well. Depending on if my RP is well enough to run long this weekend with me , this should be either close to 80 or over 80 for the week.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice run Cash!