Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/20 (Read 228 times)

Did Shan post?  I did not see that.

Kimmie - I don't know how I missed your 18 miler -- wow, what a run!

Today I had nothing.  On the plan was 16 w/ 12@MP but very early in the run I knew that wasn't going to happen.  Even had trouble in the last 5 of my standard med-long progression run (should have been more like 8:30 or less):

5@9:08(144), 6@8:51(151), 5.19@8:46(161)

69-76° and 92% humidity had something to do with it I think, but I think I was also just tired.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AWESOME 18 Kimmie!! Sounds like you will be ready to ROCK MC!

Sorry bout your run Lou though being tired and humidity have a way of changing your running pace plan.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Nice to see you pace!

Was in Jersey way too long yesterday. Didn't get home until close to 10. Had planned on getting up and running this morning but dh was just to snuggly. Anyway  today we're in flash flood warning until tonight.  So may or may not get int eh 80's, just depends on if there's lots of lightning going on. 

Oh and I can't help but brag (though most of you probably have seen this) My 4 year running anniversary was  the 23rd  and I've run close to 9,000 miles. One of these days I need to get the miles on the excel spreadsheet that I used as my log onto my log here. And to think in 2003 my neurologist had soooooooooooooo many limitations on me. I bet if someone told me that I'd be running like this I'd of said ya right and rolled my eyes lol

Isn't your 4 year runniversary soon  Lou?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice running Pace!! YAYYYYYYYY to no leg issue's!!

BTW I thought of you Erika when talking to another woman at a BBQ I went to. She was talking about how she can't handle the heat and is thinking about moving to Alaska. I've gotta a great friend who lives in Anchorage. Hopefully sometime in the next year I'll be able to get up to Alaska for a visit. I know it's beautiful!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Hi All! Wow I forgot what a running thread looks like - it may take me a while to figure out how to keep up - have I really been that out of it??? Anyway, looks like there is tons of good running going on which is AWESOME!!!

I did my first Plyometric workout today - it was awesome!!! Let's hope i can move tomorrow!

Kimmie

Hey Shan!

Great to see you here again.... let us know how your running is going.

I love plyometrics, too, btw.

Dave

That's one heckuva run, Kim.  Super job.

You were right when you said to trust the process, Paul.  You're going to do great.

I've had a pretty chaotic couple of weeks.  My father was in town for the ceremony where I started my new job and then my mom showed up the next day after he left.  Kids enjoying the visits.  Work getting very busy as expected.  Lou is inspiring me to get up earlier and get my runs in.  Late hasn't been working (although it did tonight for an easy 4 miler).

Welcome back, Shan.  I may have to hit up Murphy on FB to see if I can drag him back too.

You guys are inspirational and it's a good thing because I needed it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com