Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/4 (Read 358 times)

Bugs

Pam, That is a GREAT picture. You have inspired me to add to my goals for Saturday's marathon, "smile for pictures". There was photos at last weekends 5K and I look dead serious. You look so good, all muscle. P2R, You can run 100 mpw but no time to train for TRI? Actually I understand. Running is so convient, easier to do in the dark, no big bike to haul around, and no pool hours to train around. Good luck on 5K!! Erika, She sounds like she needs an attitude adjustment. There seems to be two distinct types of attitudes of respect and disrepect of athletes from people who provide therapy. I've seen both types. What bugs me about most of them is that seem to think we should have seen/felt this coming and 'made our bed now we should sleep in it'. JellyFish, We need to make plans to meet on Saturday in Fargo!!! Not sure where I'm at for Saturday. My run felt like crap yesterday, tight quad. I had the graston doc rub a big adhesion out of so that should take care of it. Trying to eat perfect this week. Will be fun to get out and run long.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Hey guys! I'm here. I'm tapering. I didn't see a summary on this week's thread - slackers! To those that need healing - heal well. To those that are running well - keep it up. I'm mentoring/coaching some kids for a 10k coming up in two weeks which is kinda cool. Work is work - rewarding but time consuming. Bib #22 for Bayshore!
      theyapper

On the road again...

Mr. I - don't kill those kids during your taper. Big grin Ran 7 miles today - LHR hills (run down easy, walk up fast). Felt really good.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

Bib #22 for Bayshore!
          Nice low number! I'm #1202. Sort of tapering. No more 20 milers, but I don't start cutting back on miles until Sunday's 16. No tweaking yet, though the taper is still young.
          Kimmie

Bugs, I know you have to be ready for Fargo. What's the plan? Run it easy? That will be so cool that Shan will be there too! And just curious, what do you mean by "eat perfect"? I usually eat normal before a marathon- in that, I don't eat junk, but I don't restrict myself like crazy either- something in the middle. Pace, I still cant believe that you run 100 miles a week. I'm pretty sure my highest week ever was 55. Mr. I- Bayshore is this weekend? We'll be watching for you! I love helping kids run, too. I think I told you guys that I saw the massage therapist yesterday for ITB. It was painful but not too bad. I was surprised that he told me I could run today. So, I'm meeting a friend in a little bit to run an easy 6. Hope it doesn't backfire on me. Still tender and tight but nothing like yesterday morning. I would go see the massage guy more often if it wasn't so expensive.
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nice low number! I'm #1202. Sort of tapering. No more 20 milers, but I don't start cutting back on miles until Sunday's 16. No tweaking yet, though the taper is still young.
              What's your goal for the race?

Dave

I am so excited for you guys at Bayshore. MrI and Jeremy, you guys are both going to do great. You've both really done great on the training and now it's time to reap the rewards. Hope the weather cooperates. Wink Nice mid-week 7, Yapper. Hope your ITBS is good on the 6 Kim. 8.5 for me today at a very steady 8:50 pace. Felt really solid.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

What's your goal for the race?
                  3:10:59 primary, 3:15:59 secondary. 3:15 is the BQ number for me. I think I have the cushion that even if the temp peaks into the high 70's during the race I can still roll out a BQ. How about you? 6 tempo at LT/10K today. Hit it right on the nose, too. I thought I was a bit overtrained the last few days, but I think I was just proven wrong.
                  Kimmie

I Hope your ITBS is good on the 6 Kim. .
                    Didn't feel it at all.... that's so weird... excrutiating pain one day- pain free run the next. Good running you all-

Dave

Didn't feel it at all.... that's so weird... excrutiating pain one day- pain free run the next.
                      That's the good kind of weird. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Didn't feel it at all.... that's so weird... excrutiating pain one day- pain free run the next. Good running you all-
                        That's good to hear. My wife had the same dealy yesterday. Her knee HURT all day. She biked last night, felt it tracking funny, stretched out afterward, and now she's better. I don't want to say fine, she's still missing the cartilage that was not there last week, after all.
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs

Bugs, I know you have to be ready for Fargo. What's the plan? Run it easy? That will be so cool that Shan will be there too! And just curious, what do you mean by "eat perfect"? I usually eat normal before a marathon- in that, I don't eat junk, but I don't restrict myself like crazy either- something in the middle.
                            I've stayed away from dairy and eating lots of veggies and fruit. Mostly I just eat normal but don't allow myself to snack on the kid junk (chips, pizza). I had a chocolate muffin this morning, which isn't perfect, but hey it's only Wednesday. I started taking honey today. Tomorrow I go to no veggies and more pasta, more honey. I feel like the right thing would be to make my own pasta Friday night, but it's more fun to eat out but then who knows what your eating. Not sure what I'm doing there. I'm just running easy comfortable no time goal. 4:05-4:10 would be nice. Not suppose to go crazy at the end and sprint. I'm really rested and itching to run. I think I'll be stiff the first 5 miles, and then I'll have to hold back. Weather and course look perfect if you're in BQ shape, I'm not, but perhaps JellyFish is! I really want to get a little leaner before Grandmas. I think I must say to no to post-race pizza and beer. The pizza will be hard to turn down after running that far.

Bugs

Knobby's program sounds like Lydiard (I just read his book). Am I getting that right? At least Lydiard mentions running based on time, hill springs, and eating honey just before the marathon...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Knobby's program sounds like Lydiard (I just read his book). Am I getting that right? At least Lydiard mentions running based on time, hill springs, and eating honey just before the marathon...
                                Yes Yes, which book did you read? MTA: WRFB...you're joking right? you know he runs the Lydiard foundation...he's all Lydiard.

Bugs